From Rapunzel to Straw: Transition and Adaptation

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Nanogen Scalproller
Nanogen VEGF serum
Nanogen Intervention for women
Shu Uemura Silk Bloom shampoo and conditioner
Shu Uemura Essence Absolue
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil
Funori Seaweed Hair powder
Omega 3 6 9+1 capsule of Evening primrose oil daily

From Rapunzel to Straw: Transition and Adaptation

Post by Natasha26 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am new on this forum and I would like to share my hair loss horror story because reading others' stories make me feel less alone and more "normal" compared to all those lucky persons out there who don't have to worry about hair every single day.

Alright here is my story.
I was one of these normal people who had beautiful long black silk waterfall hair from childhood to my teen years and complimented flowed from every person who cast a look at that hair. And I took it for granted until that is, I started to see huge amount of hair down the shower drain everytime I wash my hair. That happened around the age of 17 and I was eating very badly, had crash diet which really triggered my hair loss.

Fast forward 3 years later, and that silk waterfall had turned into a disgustingly thin, dried rat tail but still long around my waist. But I didn't pay attention even then when my friends start pointing that my hair looked thin and that I should cut it.

I cut it two years later and it was bit better in appearance but the hair loss continued. I wasn't eating well still, had Gingivitis problems because I was neglecting everything about me, suffered intense bipolar disorder and a major episode at that time. I continued to suffer both hair loss and bipolar and all the misery and ups and downs and mood swings and arguments that went with it.

But God is merciful and he sent that wonderful angel in my life that make me want to take care of me, that made everyday feel that bit easier to go on with (Oh God, I am sorry that this sound so depressing but let's rejoice that it has a happy ending).

I started to take mutltivitamins, I cut my hair shoulder-length, treat my gum bleeding and started to eat more protein rich meal on the urging of my boyfriend.
My hair was lifeless, dry, brittle all the same. I tried a series of dermo-cosmetic anti hair loss from Foltene, Klorane, Phyto, Kerastase, Rene Furterer, and now Bioclin and Nutricap.

The road to recovery went on its way in the year 2007 when I started the amazing Phyto products. I used PHYTOPOLLEINE to stimulate the scalp as it contain essential oils of rosemary, sage, cypress. I used Rene furterer shampoo and the Phytokarite mask for untra dry hair. All the while I also used Phytotrixil anti hair loss.

Now Im using Bioclin, had a new hair cut (Bob) and taking Nutricap capsule along with EPO and multivit. I wanted to ask if I can use two anti hair loss product at the same time to have even better results?
My hair feels better, less dry, more shiny, less shedding to normal rate but the front patch won't grow back. When I feel down I just want to shave my head or when I see other people with lots of hair, my mood gets very low but my boyfriend is always encouraging me and he buys me all those stuff for my hair. He tells me its his way of showing that he cares. I hope he loves me even if I go bald.

What is frustrating about hair loss is that you never know when it hits you, and its something out of your control, and that's very frustrating.

I want to try the Phytolium4 when it comes to Mauritius. Yes, I am an islander in the middle of the Indian Ocean surrounded by blue sparkling sea and white wash sand and here I am worrying about hair everyday. I should note down how many minutes I spend on thinking and researching about hair in my life!!pretty much if you ask me.

But big hair is Soooo Sexy and I want mine back badly, pretty badly.

So that's my story so far.
Thank you all for making this forum lively and soothing for all hair loss sufferers out there.

Cheers,
Natasha26

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: From Rapunzel to Straw: Transition and Adaptation

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Interesting story..and interesting location 8)

On using more than one topical..my personal opinion is that this is a very difficult thing to deal with/treat. It makes more sense to me to use more than one thing at a time, even if it is one thing in the morning and another in the evening.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:20 am

Thank you Jacob.

So next week I shall take both Bioclin and Nutricap Serum.

I want to detail my hair and scalp regimen, where do I post my treatment regimen in detail please?

Thanks,
N

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:11 pm

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Jacob, i went on the indicated website but I feel lost, its kinda complicated and I havent much time. Is it part of this forum because I tried to log in with my name and password but it didnt work....

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:08 pm

It's part of this website..and yeah, it is a bit complicated. Takes a bit to find your way around..but once you do it gets easier. And you do have to register there as well.

If you're just looking for a place to put it so it shows up in your posts..something I haven't done yet :oops: ...click on "user control panel" towards the top left..then click on the profile tab. Scroll down a bit to where you can put your "treatment regimen".

Wait..you already have that there. So..not sure what else to tell you... :-s

:?:

phatgirl18

Post by phatgirl18 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:02 pm

I can say I have good crowning glory until I abused it with hair color. Now, I am getting strands everyday which is a sign of hair loss. I hope we can all be cured.

Natasha26
Prolific Poster
Nanogen VEGF serum
WAWAZA Aya Camellia oil

Post by Natasha26 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:44 am

Hello phatgirl18,

Welcome to the forum. What do you mean you get strands everyday? You mean excessive hair fall?