nscvent story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

nscvent
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: propecia (every other day, maintenance)
neutrogena t-gel coal tar shampoo (small amount, once a week)
DMP dimethicone moisturizing product (small amount, once a week)
finesse shampoo, mousse (other days)

nscvent story

Post by nscvent » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:56 pm

So here are my photos in order from oldest to newest:

http://picasaweb.google.com/nscventures ... directlink#

Did propecia a few years, revivogen (one year, including topical,shampoo and conditioner) then stopped treatments and just got shorter haircuts for a while. Later, I became motivated to get some decent hair with texture and no limpness so I restarted the merk pill every day and occasionally revivogen.

That lasted another year.

Now I'm in maintenance mode taking 1mg. finasteride every other day after purchasing two pro-packs of 90 tablets each. This works out to a six month supply which is then stretched out to a year.

I eventually switched from revivogen to neutrogena t-gel (tar based) and a dimethicone protectant with vitamin A.

Most days, I prefer not to do anything for hairloss and use regular finesse, suave and clairol products. Then I rotate days on propecia, do the protectant sometimes nights and t-gel once per weekend.