0416Dr's Hair Loss Story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Niz

0416Dr's Hair Loss Story

Post by 0416Dr » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:57 am

I am actually posting for a while now and I decided to tell my hair loss story anyway. So here it is...I started to realise I was loosing more hair when I was at age of 20 or 21, but because I have very very thick hair naturally I actually didnt notice I was balding. I was conviced this had to do with normal hair loss and at that time my hair almost reached my butt when extended (I have curly hair) and I thought hairloss would be more noticible anyway. My temples where receding, but untill now they never receded any further actually. I had to cut my hair because of my first job application and since I was applying for a job on a management level I had to cut my hair otherwise they wouldnt give me the job (this happened seriously), so I gave it a cut and since then I didnt notice any hairloss. Since last year in May I started worrying as I was loosing many hairs (around 50 - 80 hairs a day, should be ok though) and at that time I made my first picture of my hair. And I was shocked!! I included the picture in here. So I started looking at the internet and I was trying to learn more of hairloss. Whole my family on my fathers side is bald. My father is bald and my brother is already bald (he is only 1 year older then me). Strangely enough, for me, it is still ok and not worse as my father in his youth or my brother now. My family always says I really am a lookalike of my grandfather from my mothers side and he isnt bald at all. My hair even looks like his hair...even the model and the receded temples. My mother side dont have any MBP sufferers at all!! Sometimes I am so jealous!! Anyway, my grandfather of my mother side only has receded temples...nothing more (at the age of 60+). For me, I am starting to notice that my hair on the front is getting less dense (if I am saying this correct, otherwise sorry for the bad english). And I also starting to notice miniaturized hair at my hairline and my temples (I guess it is that and not the niz). Esspecially if my hair is wet it looks awfull. So I started to use a dutch brand of ketoconazol (1%)topical, it is actually an anti-dandruff shampoo and it already helped me get rid of dandruff and the itching on my scalp. It already help me a lot, also cosmetically...my hair looks more thicker.

I included my first picture and a picture after 4/ 5 months usage of a ketoconazol (1%)topical. I am sorry about the unprofessional pictures..also on lighting etc...just to give you an idea how my status is. I do not believe I got more hair using this shampoo....I still would like to have regrowth.
Attachments
foto1.jpg
photo now
foto1.jpg (154.21 KiB) Viewed 4055 times
2.jpg
first photo
2.jpg (41.85 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Re: 0416Dr's Hair Loss Story

Post by 0416Dr » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:58 am

ok, first picture is my after photo.

Second picture is before....

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Jacob » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:05 pm

Sounds like you may have actually gotten lucky with your genes...but I can see why you'd want to be proactive and make sure you keep things under control.

Aren't there any interesting "dutch" topicals out there?

0416Dr
Prolific Poster

Post by 0416Dr » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:16 am

the one I am using now is called "Rooscure" and has 1% of ketoconazol in it. All other topicals I do not trust, lol.

btw I am 26 now....