Jacob's Hair Loss Story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Jacob's Hair Loss Story

Post by Jacob » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:00 pm

Been trying some new products...just added another(Genistil-R).

Equisomin: http://www.elsomresearch.com/shopping/p ... um-004.htm (every other evening)

rotated with:

FNS(every other evening)

Inflamil: http://www.lipoxidil.com/site/phytin.php (once a week now- the shampoo twice a week)

Genestil-R: http://www.lipoxidil.com/site/phytoestrogenes.php (every morning)

Medicated Mohkatsurin PB(this used to be my morning topical...now it's whenever I'm able to- sometime during the day)

Liposomal SOD (from time to time..am running out of what I have and looking for a new source. Lipoxidil *may* be coming out with one again)

No Propecia...Dut....or other internal "dht inhibitors".

I rotate a # of natural shampoo's...try to eat healthy..and do have an internal regimen but like I said..nothing aimed at "inhibiting" dht.

jikslee
Occasional Poster

Post by jikslee » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:30 pm

hey ajcob, i got a couple of q's for you
how are you finding fluridil? and whats your suceess liek without internal dht-inhibitors?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:09 am

I'm not using fluridil......?

I'm doing just fine w/out internal dht inhibitors. Even some more regrowth along the hairline recently. Nothing major but ppl shouldn't expect that with the treatments readily available these days. 3+ years and no further loss that I can see and even some noticeable improvement(diffuse thinning areas especially)? Except for the $ I can't complain ;-)

jikslee
Occasional Poster

Post by jikslee » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:26 pm

sorry, i meant inflamil - i think i was drunk when i posted that :P

i would like to know more about inflamil, inflammatin is a big part of my hairloss. i use nizoral 2% but its frying my hair a bit, so i'mjust using a tiny amount. i was recommended inflamil, but i don't know what it is - the liposome site is kinda coy about it, other than you use it as a ten day treatment, they don't really say anything.

jikslee
Occasional Poster

Post by jikslee » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:27 pm

double post. and i'm not even drunk!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:08 pm

jikslee wrote:sorry, i meant inflamil - i think i was drunk when i posted that :P

i would like to know more about inflamil, inflammatin is a big part of my hairloss. i use nizoral 2% but its frying my hair a bit, so i'mjust using a tiny amount. i was recommended inflamil, but i don't know what it is - the liposome site is kinda coy about it, other than you use it as a ten day treatment, they don't really say anything.
Not sure what you're asking. Their website does go into the ingredients and even why inflammation is bad. If you do a search at Hairsite for the individual ingredients you may find what you're looking for..?? I use the product...after the 10 days I used it a couple times a week for awhile and now it's down to once a week.

jikslee
Occasional Poster

Post by jikslee » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:55 pm

basically, i'd like to know if its a lotion or a pill. i understand that inflammation is bad, as it has preceded my hairloss from day one of mpb's strike. the lipoxidil site doesn't even say whther it's topical or internal, just that its a treatment for inflammation.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:29 am

But the directions say to *apply* it etc. It's a topical.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:45 pm

Hey Jacob,

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you on this post. Been very very busy lately...

How much (if you don't mind my asking) is your full regimen costing you? Do you feel like the treatments are helping? Are you observing any results that you attribute to the new items? How long have you been on FNS. Any results from that?

Cheers,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:40 pm

I would say..shampoo's included...maybe $40 a month? I don't use the products every day- even the Genistil-R I use every other morning and on the other mornings I've continued using the MMPB. The Equisomin I've had since April...I'm surprised at how much I still have left.

I've been on FNS since it first came out. I'll look it up later but I'm guessing 3 years.

As for results...still hanging unto my hair and since adding the Equisomin I've had improvement on the receded/temple areas...I think the Genistil_R is helping in that area as well. Still slow going but anyone should expect that. I must say I'm the most surprised that since I got the shedding to stop when I first started treating my hairloss...that kind of shedding never returned. Maybe the supplements and how I eat has helped. The shampoo's I use can't hurt.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:46 pm

Jacob,

You must be satisfied with FNS if you've been on it for so long. I assume you are attributing the fact that you have maintained your hair to it. I haven't heard much about it since the initial hype a few years back.

Anyway, please keep me posted on your progress with the new stuff.

Cheers,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:45 pm

I keep using it for a couple of reasons. One...it's about as gentle as can be(the nanosome one coming up is supposed to be even less drying etc) so I figured it can't do any harm. Two....every once in awhile ingredients it contains are discussed in forums. Guys get excited about what they're finding and then I just point out that FNS contains it.

I had gotten my shedding under control before using FNS. I used Tricomin and then Alterna's product prior to that..along with misc things like a lotion that contained gse.

I'm told the Equisomin has been updated so will post the new formula when/if I get the ingredients list.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:04 am

Which ingredients do you think are the most effective in FNS out of curiousity?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:38 pm

I'd have to say the cinnamon extract- talked about a lot at Hairsite. Maybe Biotin and Tetrahydrocurcumin....here's what is on Osmotics website- this was posted by someone in one of the hairloss forums before it was put on their site:

"TETRAHYROCURCUMIN is an inhibitor of DHT. L-ARGINING increases NO production. L-TRYPTOPHAN and L- TYROSINE are very potent anti-stress as well as cortisol lowering, and of lowering prolactin levels.. CINNAMON has insulin like activity as well as a very potent anti-bacteria and anti-fungal agents in the oil. L-VALINE is a extremely potent anti-inflammatory agent. L-ALANINE,L-HISTIDINE,and, L-glutamine are also in D.P'S proxiphen-n which can control fibrosis. This product is not JUST a bunch of amino acids, amino acids are the most important thing to the human body, let alone hair. Do some research on this agents in FNS and you naysayers may be enthused. This product covers every single angle of MPB that we know of today"

I am really looking forward to the nanosomal version of FNS...think I said that before. And I mean it :D

Here's the updated ingreds list for Equisomin:

aloe vera gel with green tea, hibiscus, and witch hazel bark extracts, phosphotidyl choline Nanosomes*, shea butter, medium chain triglycerides, ascorbyl palmitate, ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate, malic acid and sodium malate, allantoin, D-alpha tocopherol, rose hip seed oil, evening primrose oil, L-taurine, choline bitartrate, citric acid, inositol hexanicotinate, melatonin, alpha lipoic acid, xanthan gum, chondroitin sulfate, creatine monohydrate, retinyl acetate, glucosamine sulfate, ferulic acid, gamma oryzanol, imidurea, selenium aspartate, geranium oil, methyl paraben, panthenol, propyl paraben, zinc chloride, carrot seed oil, beta carotene, cyanocobalamine, ergocalciferol, cholecalciferol. Nanosomes* are our proprietary very small liposomes.

They now have a shampoo as well: http://www.elsomresearch.com/shopping/p ... oo-026.htm
I tried a sample they sent with my Equisomin but they've updated it since then. Hoping to try it out this week.

Response from them when I asked them if it contained SLS:
"Our current shampoo Micellarin Green (which actually is dark red) has a few more botanicals and a higher concentration of mixed micelles but is otherwise similar to the shampoo sample you received. Our shampoo contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) and C14-C16 sulfonates as the detergent base, and not Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). The phosphatidyl inositol enriched phospholipid profile is formulated into mixed micelles. In mixed micelles, detergent molecules are restricted. Mixed micelles moisturize the scalp instead of drying it. The shampoo includes many other ingredients including witch hazel bark oil/water extract (not with alcohol), green tea oil/water extract, and other ingredients that are great for deep cleaning oily, itchy, and dandruff scalps. The shampoo reduces hair tangling which may reduce hair loss induced by brushing tangled hair; it makes the scalp feel very good and the hair look thicker"

"Anyway it is not SLS but SLES, Sodium Laureth Sulfate (a different material than SLS), which we have in our product. SLES is a naturally-occurring cleanser derived from coconut oil and is widely accepted and is used in most shampoos, including baby shampoos"

James

Post by James » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:47 pm

Jacob, what norwood are you?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:01 pm

About a 1.5.....but I started out with major thinning going on up there.

Tried the new Equisomin- much lighter in color and smells a lot better.
Shampoo...loved it. Hoping they make it even more "natural" though.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:12 pm

Just updating what I'm currently using..

Equisomin in the evenings.

EquiClear with Glutathione and SOD- every other evening.

EquiClear with laminaria- mornings.

Genistil-R- may phase this out but at the moment it's a few times a
week.

I have Inflamil but havne't had to use it since starting the EquiClear
with laminaria.

I've noticed quite a few hairs thicken and darken since adding the EquiClear with laminaria. Of course it could be a combo of things or just things finally kicking in after all this time.

Shampoo:

Morrocco Method line

A few by Lamas

Sweet Sunnah's

Micellarin Green by Elsom Research

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:55 am

Jacob,

That's one of the most interesting regimens I have ever seen. :)

Glad to hear your seeing some positive results. Are you taking pictures by any chance to document your progress at this point?

Regards,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:24 pm

Nope..as I said to someone else in the other section I never did do that when I was starting out nor have I now. Sometimes wish I had though.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:36 pm

Just a little update. Am using the product I had formulated by Elsom Research. Ingreds are:

Oil bases:
medium chain triglycerides

Essential oils:
*ginger oil

Botanical extracts:
*apple peel extract
*gingko leaf
*gota kola
*grape seed
***green tea
*licorice root
*milk thistle seed [psyllimarin]
*rooibos [redbush tea]
***rosemary
*witch hazel bark
*witch hazel leaf Actives: allantoin
*DMAE [dimethylaminoethanol]
*MSM [methylsulphonylmethane]
***theophylline

Vitamins:
***inositol hexanicotinate

Precious oils:
tea seed oil

Acids:
***salicylic acid

Encapsulates in Nanosomes:
***caffeine

That's my morning topical.

Of the other things I've mentioned in this thread...I'm still using both Equiclear's and Equisomin. Rotating them in the eves. Inflamil once in awhile..just in case.

Basically the same shampoos..although I had Elsom add Rooibos to their current shampoo.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:29 pm

Jacob,

How does the formula feel? What is the texture and consistency like? The smell? How well does it seem to absorb?

Any irritation?

Regards,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:17 am

Hey Sam,

The formula feels good...maybe a little warmth after applying it but otherwise no irritation etc.

It's smooth...kind of like a hand lotion I guess. Not too thick and not too runny(although I know some prefer their topicals to be like water). Absorbs very well...and smells a lil of ginger, which was the essential oil used.

I'm compiling a list of things for each ingredient. Below is from Dr Yechiel..will do the other ingredients from time to time. Maybe even start a thread in the Elsom section on it.

BTW..they changed the shampoo formula a bit..plus I had Rooibos added. It's much better..and I thought the original was pretty good. Seems to condition my hair some- leaves it softer and easier to comb thru than the other one did.
For darkening hair, GABA may be more effective than DMAE
but it is not the main reason why DMAE was suggested. It
was reported (in high quality research) DMAE is a powerful
protectant of nerve-ending degradation. We have evaluated
DMAE?s benefits to skin elasticity and cell membrane
integrity and with its small size and excellent skin
penetration, it is a good addition to a product, such as
you described.

Ginger oil was not only for scent. It has anti-inflammatory
activity. It is a warming, circulation stimulant and
vasodilator (if it gets in contact with blood vesels), and
antiseptic. It also does smell nice.

Gota kola has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
and is also a circulatory stimulant. It contains asiatic
acid and has connective tissue balancing effect and reduces
the production of scar tissue. It enhances connective
tissue integrity by stimulating glycosaminoglycan synthesis
but does not promote extra collagen synthesis. It has the
ability to enhance connective tissue structure including
the connective tissue sheath that surrounds the vein (if it
gets in contact with blood vessels), reducing hardening of
the vein and improving the blood flow through the vein. It
increases development and maintainenece of blood vessels,
and stimulates nail and hair follicle growth.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:21 am

Rooibos I know has been posted about before. But here it is again(from lipoxidil.com):
Rooibos has very potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.Quercetin is the major in vitro active component of rooibos.

Studies were initiated by Cosmetochem International Ltd. at an independent laboratory (Dermascan, France) to study the effect of the use of Rooibos in a hair lotion on a group of healthy persons who were suffering from the problem of hair loss.

A 90 day trial was conducted comparing a hair lotion containing 10% Rooibos with a placebo lotion. 5 ml of the alcoholic solutions were applied daily. MPE Rooibos is a concentrated extract of Rooibos produced by a novel dual phase extraction process which ensures the production of an extract with the widest spectrum of plant actives i.e. polar, semi-polar and non-polar. The efficacy of the products was evaluated using a videotrichogramme, which determines:

hair density ( total number of hairs)

number and proportion of telogen hairs (hairs where growth has ceased)

number and proportion of anagen hairs (hairs which are still growing)

hair growth speed of anagen hairs

After 90 days results showed :

Hair growth speed -a significant increase of the hair growth speed in the lotion containing MPE Rooibos compared with the placebo

-an increase in the hair growth speed was observed with 89% of the volunteers

Product efficacy results from a subjective evaluation questionnaire by the volunteers showed:

67% rated hair loss as zero or low

78% saw an improvement (low to medium)

45% saw low to medium re-growth of hair

63% of volunteers found a positive effect on the fragrance and smoothness of hair

67% liked the general aspect of their hair

No undesirable reactions (irritation or allergy) were recorded

Conclusion : These results show that most of the volunteers had a remarkable improvement in both the increase of the speed of hair growth, the decrease in hair loss and an overall improvement in hair condition.
This is for both the gse and apple peel extract:
http://www.thecosmeticsite.com/formulat ... 59971.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

http://www.ehrs.org/conferenceabstracts ... mimura.htm

http://www.ehrs.org/conferenceabstracts ... ahashi.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/200202201144 ... 991101.htm

http://www.applepoly.com/procyanidin-b-2/

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Updates to my regimen and a new product from Elsom.

Post by Jacob » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:15 pm

I had a topical formulated that contains black seed oil..MSM...apple peel extract..rooibos extract..R-Lipoic acid and ginger root extract. And nanosomal spin traps, biotin, and caffeine. The "base" is coconut oil/juice.

Along with my order I received a sample of "Scalp Booster"..which contains: oil/water extract of rooibos, pomegranate, green banana peel, and fenugreek seeds; medium chain triglycerides; ascorbyl palmitate; ascorbic acid; zinc chloride; caffeine; essential oils of tea tree, grapefruit, lavender, and palmarosa..etc.

This is a liquid..in a spray bottle. Says to be used up to 3 times a day. I'm told it has a hair thickening effect(which it does..used it 3 times yesterday and twice today)..and works "by prolonging the serum's activated phase"...but, of course, it can be used on it's own.

Pomegranate is high in ellagic acid..and green banana peels- anti-fungal. I just did a quick search..I'm sure there's more to them than that.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:16 pm

Just updating my regimen. Still using the Equisomin and EquiClear- about twice a week each in the evenings.

ZormaZor(the scalp booster mentioned above)- 1-2 times a day..during the day.

That latest custom topical in my previous post- every other morning.

NanoScalp- Every other morning. I may end up using this twice a day- morns and eves.

Inflamil- once a week.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:28 pm

Jacob,

That's a very unique and exotic regimen!

Cheers,
Sam

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:56 pm

Jacob, I just went through a re-read all of the posts in your thread and your regimen has undergone some changes. In it's current form, can you break down the logic behind why you use each of the products. I know that's asking a lot, but I'd like to start looking into all of these alternative ingredients and such. I want an ultimate extremely hypoallergenic topical (or combination of them) using all-natural stuff. I have used pretty much all the mainstream stuff with success primarily from the Minox-based products and Propecia, as well as Revivogen (which is about as alternative as I have gone). But I'd like to start experimenting now with some of the kinds of things that you're using. I am changing the "Editor's Corner" section of the site into a full-fledged blog, and will touch on any and all ingreds that I can find that are safe, and that have been shown to be effective in at least one aspect of hair loss or another. Since you've done a lot of research into the alternatives.

I am convinced that for the majority of people, the maintstream products will do the trick. And I have been studying and using them enough myself to prove they worked for me, but now that I have folliculitis, in addition to regular MPB, I want to start checking out the alternatives.

I guess another question I'd like to ask you. If you could put together a DREAM topical, what would it contain.

I am going to try to answer this question for myself. My goal will be the ultimate hypo-allergenic and anti-inflammatory product, with the LEAST number of ingreds to cover the MOST number of hair loss factors with the MOST possible effect and bang for the buck.

Regards,
Sam

(P.S. If it seems like I bounced all over the place, my apologies, but I am excited by these ideas).

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:00 pm

Well I'll do the best I can..when I have time :P

I must say though..a lot of what I use has Dr. Yechiel's research behind it..in fact he's helped me with my "custom" topicals as well. And Inflamil is of course Lipoxidil's creation.

For now I'll say..I wish a stable SOD and procyanidin product could be made..along with some other goodies. A liposomal type product of course :D

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Jacob's Hair Loss Story

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:01 pm

My my my how time flies.

Just an update....I went w/out using topicals(for the most part) for a good 3+ months a bit ago. Lost some ground, but
I'm hoping to gain it all back.

I'm about to update my custom topical from Elsom Research...so will hold off on what I'm now using until I get that figured out. It sounds like they may have a new topical or two in the works as well. So maybe I won't need a custom one(but they're so much fun to put together and order and say it's mine, all mine!)

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:50 pm

Jacob please spill the beans! Did you get the custom topical? What is in it now? I may want to include some or even all of them in the custom topical that I am having put together for Morphollica.com.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:59 pm

Nope..as you can see if you go to The Formulator page at Elsomresearch.com, the Formulator is down for now. Not sure exactly why they couldn't just keep making things we request..but oh well.

So I'm currently using their Juveline...NanoScalp...and Equisomin. With some ZormaZor here and there as well as the Jan Marini product that contains TB4(not made for hair though..and am just using it on the temple areas).

Some of the things I would have had in the custom are...Spin Traps...Royal Jelly...biotin...a procyanidin containing ingred(Blood of the Dragon..Apple peel..etc)...etc. As many nanosomal as possible.

If I could use things that other companies make(AHEM!! Elsom doesn't seem to like to use these "specialized" ingreds).. this green coconut water made into a powder extract would be something I'd love to also use: ...
CococinTM may be used in applications (e.g. hair care formulations and rejuvenative topical preparations) that support the growth of human tissues."
http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/p ... ococin.pdf

Nucleotides are another. Maybe even something like Prevagen(jelly fish) just to be crazy. Maybe preserve things with Monolaurin-
For four years, monolaurin, in a continuing product stability study including post-market studies, has been found to successfully preserve a hypoallergenic cosmetic line of products, using no other preservatives, except this emollient ingredient (Verallo-Rowell and Moya, 2007).
And possibly...
Cosmoperine A cosmeceutical that augments the efficacy of administered topical ingredients is Cosmoperine, Sabinsas natural, skin permeation enhancer prepared from piperine, the active principle of black pepper (Piper nigrum) and long pepper (Piper longum). Cosmoperine can be added to finished cosmetic products (e.g. lotions, creams, balms, etc.) to enhance the absorption of the active compounds and nutrients in the formulations.
http://www.sabinsa.com/2001_june.htm

http://www.cosmoperine.com/discussion.html

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Guess it's time for an update. Hair is still hanging on up there. Regrowth has been more in
the crown area..a little more there and some more in the receded areas and I'll be very happy. Of
course I should be if things would even just stay the same.(Wish I could say the same about the $!)

Mornings: Custom royal jelly, nanosomal SOD and Biotin, etc topical via Elsom Research.

Evenings: Equisomin, Juveline, NanoScalp & Zormazor- http://www.elsomresearch.com

RepHair shampoo & volumizer- http://www.rephairbypierremichel.com/
Micellarin Green shampoo- http://tiny.cc/QXfmF
Lamas Chinese Herb Stimulating shampoo- http://tiny.cc/y5Gpo

AC-11- http://www.ac-11.com
BioSil: http://www.jarrowbiosil.com/
Neptune Krill oil: http://neptunekrilloil.com
Complete Metal Cleanse: http://tiny.cc/cUGWE
NanoPro: http://www.biopharmasci.com/patients/na ... efault.asp
Greens/fruits drinks(post any good ones for me please)
Etc

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:49 am

Thanks for the update Jacob. I didn't notice this post till now. :(

Anyway, I'm always keen on hearing what you're using. Gonna do some reading and maybe check out a few of the items myself. ;)

Cheers,
Sam

rambo
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Treatment Regimen: none yet

Post by rambo » Wed May 06, 2009 11:36 am

Hey Jacob Im only 23 years old but have suffered a great amount of hair loss. What first steps would you recommend towards beginning some sort of treatment. Im getting desperate and there are so many choices.This is ruining my life and im ready to fight back. Thankyou Jacob, bless this site

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed May 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Hey Rambo..I apologize, I just saw your post now.

Your first steps should be to research research research. Just about everyone has their own way of going about things- it's always best to see what others are doing/using and then research things a bit yourself. If I were at your age and losing a lot of hair, I'd go see a doc or two(and I'm not a fan of them) to make sure there isn't some underlying health problem that's causing it. Thyroid problems, nutritional deficiencies, etc.

Other than that I'd make sure your diet is halfway decent...exercise can't hurt....shower filter...and a good shampoo/topcial and even supplement regimen. LLLT(lasers) too if you have the money and time.

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by chore boy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:32 am

You still using AC-11?

How were Lipoxidil's products? In their prime, they definitely seemed innovative... wonder if folks were seeing results with them?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:43 pm

No.. I ran out of the AC-11 products. If they ever go on sale I'll probably go on them again. This is another company btw that doesn't respond to inquiries :roll:

I did ok with the Lipoxidil products. The one that a lot of ppl were praising was the Inflamil. They were even talking about mass-producing it..seeing it in certain stores etc. I have no idea what happened with that..except they told me some of the ingreds were impossible to acquire anymore. Which I still don't believe.

Guess I need to update things here sometime :-s

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:39 pm

jacob how have you liked terminal 1 and 2 so far?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:37 pm

So far so good. As I mentioned at another forum this combo along with Lamas' topical seems to have gotten some of those hairs to waken up. I definitely need to give it more time though..even if I do add something like DermaHeal to my regimen.

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:10 pm

how long do you think the terminal products will last? i want to get it but its a little steep in price. Any regrowth at all?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:38 pm

I thought I had responded to this post here :-s

For me they'll last probably 3 months..maybe longer. As I said over at the other forum...I'm noticing a bunch of whispy hairs in both temple areas(don't know about anywhere else) that I at first thought was residue from the Lamas topical which I use during the daytime. I never noticed it before so thought it was strange that the topical would all of a sudden be showing :!:

hairisgood
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300+ diode laser helmet 3x per week for 20 minutes

Post by hairisgood » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Jacob,

That is not a hair loss story, but rather what you are taking for your hair loss. Very different. Care to enlighten us with your hair loss story as others have in this forum?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:17 pm

You mean I could have just done a shampoo combo update or something? :lol:

My prior to starting to treat my hair loss story is boring. My hair loss story begins..well..where I started it :twisted:

Basically I was shedding like a manged dog, after a couple of years of slowing losing ground..decided to do something about it. Google became my best friend. And now I'm broke. Almost.

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Post by 0416Dr » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:49 pm

that means you have been scammed a lot?
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:11 pm

No..not much at all. 8)

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:22 am

Excuse my inability to piece all this together... what's your full regimen now? Are you still tinkering with it or do you have thing pretty sorted now?

Peace, love and awesomeness.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:47 pm

I'll update things this week. I like to stick with things..but I do and am "tinkering" with it. Some of these new topicals I couldn't pass up. I'd like to try the TB4 topical as well but I would have preferred the company answer all the questions I had...but thankfully others are trying it out so it's something I can always add later.

Welcome to the forums btw 8)

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Thanks. Diggin it.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Just going to be listing the shampoo/topicals I use from now on..I think.

NanoFibrin: once a week.

Mornings: The Lamas topical.

Evenings: Dermatopoietin hair protection system. On the non-1-4 days I'll be using the Pristeen hGH topical. May even rotate Pristeen with Lamas' in the mornings, although that may be a good time to start adding Terminal 1 & 2 in again. Will still try to use the 5-14 day product, probably hours before I use Pristeen- will wash my hair prior to Pristeen.

Shampoo: Micellarin Green..Nutra-Lift...and Pristeen.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Thanks for the update Jacob. Gonna keep hounding you now.

Does that mean you're playing around with supplements as well? In listing just topicals is it because you don't think anything else will play much of a part in your hair loss?

Perhaps more importantly, what state is your hair in now?