Jacob's Hair Loss Story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Jacob's Hair Loss Story

Post by Jacob » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:49 am

I just think it's the topicals that are going to be responsible for most, if any, regrowth etc. A healthy diet is important..certain supplements can help...but if you're not using topicals you're not being serious, IMO.

Besides..my internal regimen changes more than my topical one does. I'm getting things on sale, when possible...don't always stick with the same brand..like trying new things(esp those shakes)..etc.

My hair is in the Midwest. That's all I'll say. :-s (NW 1.5- 2ish..worse on one side..crown needs some help...could use thickening up all over)

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by Joey Ramone » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Thanks again for the update, good luck with your regimen.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:35 pm

Jacob, is the Micellarin Green shampoo supposed to be followed by a conditioner of your choice? I really like the after-effects of it but it can feel quite drying initially. It is one disgusting looking liquid btw.

How does it compare to the Micellarin Hue if you've tried it?

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:11 am

Bump for Jacob.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 am

I don't use conditioners..the Lamas styling cream takes care of that anyway, if needed.

I actually like the Hue better..love the smell..it's thicker(at least from the batch I got)..and I would say it does condition better.

kranos
Occasional Poster

Post by kranos » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:28 am

Hey Jacob,

seems like you really knwo what you are doing with your hair loss. Ive bene researching hairloss for somtime. I started off with proprecia about 2 years ago and noticed a cease of hairloss, but with little to no regeneration. Than i got really sick of proprecia and told myself, if im going to be bald, so help it. But now i guess u can say im eating my own words, it started getting bad really quickly. So now im using alpecin, a coffee based shampoo, and it seems to cease the shedding, but havent seen much hair growth or any in the past 3-4 months. I plan on gettin on thymusking shampoo ordeal, and talk to some of there admins and they told me that i have a over 50% chacne of it helping me.. i dunno how accurate this claim is but it surely got my hopes up. But recently i got some creams or topicals u might call from actistem.com and that should b coming in soon... what would u suggest i do. the creams are already on there way and i think i can combine them with my shampoo regimen, but the thymuskin admins say that since im younger i ahve a better chacne of the product working for me and its onlly a one time use!... i posted this suggestion up on the forum but i guess i could get a better answer speaking to u directly. Im 23 years old and here are some pics

Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/atta ... &forumid=1
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/atta ... &forumid=1

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:44 am

Grow your hair out mate. It's not that thin yet and would look a hundred times better. Don't let fighting your hair loss stop you from having a decent looking head of hair.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:50 pm

See my other post to you..but let me add- I'm not sure how the Thymuskin folks can say it's a one time treatment. Might as well use the ActiStem product..as long as you're getting it.

BTW...there's a place to post your pics etc here- http://my.hairlossfight.com/ I'll leave your HLH links up though..

kranos
Occasional Poster

Post by kranos » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:06 am

Cheers on the reply jacob!
Im sorry i mustve made myself unclear by onetime, of course not onetime, but after i finsih one cycle i would not need use of the product anymore, same with theactistem, both said 6 month regimens...

Curerntly my creams came in.. and now im doing a shampoo in the mourning and at night the actistem, crossing my fingers on this one... i plan to see the results from my cream with 2 months supply i have...oh yea the purpose i shaved my head is so that my combat against hair loss will b all that much better with the hair outta the way. my philosophy hair gone today, hair tehre tomoro or so i hope!

iamcrystal

Post by iamcrystal » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Is AC-11 also effective for hair loss?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 pm