Mexican Hair Off's Story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

Mexican Hair Off
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Propecia daily
Nizoral 2% 2xweek

DermMatch or a hat :)

Mexican Hair Off's Story

Post by Mexican Hair Off » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:38 am

Once upon a time there was an 18 year old, whos hair started to retreat. 18 year old was shocked :shock: and couldn't really deal with this, luckily enough it stopped after a year, and the (now 19) year old praised God and thought no more about it :-"

However, God noticed him dancing happily around the Earth \:D/ , not paying attention to his hair, and so at the tender age of 35, God decided to start taking it back :oops: .

I talked to my doctor, and he started me on Finasteride in the form of Propecia, after some research I decided to use Nizoral as well.

My hair is about a NWII-III depending on how harsh you're feeling! I've been on Finasteride for well over a year now, no side effects at all which I'm thankful for, no re-growth but definitely slowing/stopping loss which is my main aim.

I also use DermMatch, it's a great concealer and just brings my hairline, not forward, but thicker so I to from NWII-III to a definite II, to I even in the right light! Does make my hair a little powdery looking at times, but much better than anything else I found (tried Haircubed spray and similar and they were awful!)
"In some situations just staying still counts as winning"

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Mexican Hair Off's Story

Post by Jacob » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Welcome to the forums MHO \:D/

Have you tried any topicals at all?