Fizball's Story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Fizball's Story

Post by Fizzball » Mon May 18, 2009 5:42 am

I'm 26 years old, male, have long thin hair (Below my shoulders) and am have a hair loss problem the most noticeable problem is my temple area's and I would estimate that I am basically at the stage 2 of the Norwood chart. (beginning) which means my hair line is receding and my hair is beginning to thin out on top evenly not patchy at all in terms of the top.

I have not ever used any minox or Propecia like products, the only things I have used on my hair is Niz 1% (one 100ml bottle), Selsun Blue (anti dandruff shampoo) and currently using Niz 2% (60ml bottle), I went with 1% first due to apprehension as I did not want to receive any inflammation issues and to be honest it was also purchased to address and issue with dandruff although I was aware of its suggested use for hair loss so it was an added bonus. The first time I used Nizoral my scalp felt like it was tingling and also my scalp felt very clean... lighter even, my hair felt fuzzier and more responsive, after a few treatments (1-2 times a week) I did have some minor issues such as a red scalp but it eventually subsided with no physical discomfort, based on my experiences with the 1% I was pleased however I did still have a dry scalp and sort after a permanent solution so I tried Selsun Blue and I honestly think this (Selsun Blue) did the trick in terms of keeping my scalp dandruff free and have since stopped using it all together as my dandruff has magically been cured. I'm now using Nizoral 2% purely based on that fact that it may help as far as hair loss is concerned and use it 1-2 times a week however I have also been using it as a topical solution on almost daily basis, the topical solution is just something I do on the side and what it is is just me basically putting a very small amount of Nizoral in a small pump spray missed with water and spraying my scalp daily with it, I can't really say much in the way of success as my hair is still receding however my hair seems to be a fair bit stronger as I do not seem to shed hairs as much as I used to however its hard to say because having long hair you are more inclined to notice a bunch of long hairs fall out than a bunch of small hairs which is what my hair line is starting to look like.

I would also mention that a few months back I also tested some hair care products by the name of 'Figaro' (http://www.totallynatural.com.au/figaro ... rogram.htm) which is designed to restore your hairs appearance and health, I have used all the products from the range and although I am off the pills now I occasionally use the root lotion and I do feel it has helped within the quality of my hair however it has not helped me with my hair loss problems.

My plan of action in the near future is to use this A&G Hair Complex on its own on top of the usual Nizoral 2% treatment during showering as it keeps my scalp nice and clean (important to assist in absorption of A&G Complex product to scalp) and will be discontinuing my topical solution of Niz 2% during this time.
After I assess the outcome of a full treatment (all vials + rest time) and decide if I want to purchase another kit for a future test which will be under the assistance of LLLT this time however before that I will just try LLLT on its own to see its results on its own as I do expect some great results from it even if it just results in a quality change because as anyone with long hair knows the healthier the better, with short hair you can just cut it continuously to keep it health but if you grow your hair long and notice it becoming unhealthy the last thing you want to do is cut it down to a short length and start all over again.

I honestly think I do stress a lot and feel that poor scalp health has contributed to my hair loss however I'm not going to stand around and hope its gonna magically grow back on hope along because that ship has well and truly sailed.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: Fizball's Story

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat May 23, 2009 1:08 pm

Hey Fizzball,

Thanks for sharing your story!

Sam