Nidhogge's MPB Adventure

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

nidhogge
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: - Laser Helmet 3x a week, 20 minutes per session
- Magnesium Oil applied to scalp in the shower and massaged in well, left on for duration of shower
- HGF (Hair Growth Factors) custom formulation from Caregen once or twice a day
- A&G Complex (2 vials left)
- Primordial Performance HairGen Trial topical (coming soon)
- ImmortalHair.org regimen coupled with 112Degrees.com's product for hormonal balance

Nidhogge's MPB Adventure

Post by nidhogge » Sat May 09, 2009 10:39 am

Hey folks,

Few of you probably recognize me from Regrowth.com, ImmortalHair.org, or HairLossHelp.com. I'm one of the two laser helmet making dudes, and am always looking for innovative ways to fight hair loss without resorting to Minoxidil or Finasteride/Dutasteride. So far, my success has been great, but I do have a ways to go towards restoring my hairline and temples. Here is my story...

I've always been an avid bodybuilder, for about 12 years or so now. I decided to experiment with prohormones before they were banned about 5 or 6 years ago, and wound up losing a *lot* of hair. At the time, I didn't think much about it as I kept my hair short, and believed that it would grow back. After all, my father, his father, my mother's father--they all had/have hair, why wouldn't I?

Well, sure enough, as the years progressed, my hairline regressed. I suffer from global diffuse thinning and temple recession. I used Toppik to mask my hair loss, and have recently replaced it with a considerably superior product (Hair-Tek). The quality of my hair degraded to the point where I had to user Dermmatch, a scalp-masking make-up loaded with all sorts of things that you shouldn't be putting on your scalp or hair, and that BLEW. Application sucked, worrying about it being noticed, worrying about girls running their fingers through your hair and having it rub off on them...horrible.

Anywho, my mother introduced me to a friend of hers who ran an LLLT clinic, and I gave that a shot two summers ago for 6 months. It improved my hair quality, but I couldn't keep up with the payments, and often only went once or twice a week as it was very hard to make the treatments due to work and location. So, I stopped and tried out the X5 Laser comb for a few months, and it didn't seem to really do anything for me. While I was at the LLLT clinic, I also bought myself some generic Finasteride from India, and that seemed to stop the hair loss but also induced depression (I'm NEVER depressed, pretty laid-back guy) and killed my libido. I took Finasteride for 6 months, and on the 5th month in, adopted ImmortalHair.org's entire regimen (the whole page at the time, which was a LOT), and then kicked the Finasteride in favor of the naturals. My general health improved and while I lost more hair than I did with the Fin, the loss was under control for the most part. I'd say well within non-MPB levels of hair loss.

Then, I became one of the first guys to jump on the laser helmet bandwagon, and made myself a modified version of the Lemming found on OverMachoGrande.com. Folks on the forum kept clamoring for someone to build them, so I wound up filling that niche. That niche soon turned out to be a full-time job, and as a result, wound up quitting my FT job as a tech. writer to just build laser helmets for a living and research other things to combat hair loss.

As far as my regimen goes, I use a custom Hair Growth Factor combination from Caregen, which is something that I have done and continue to do group buys for at Regrowth as there is a 5KG minimum order quantity. This is a daily topical, and I also use A&G Hair Complex. Together, these have thickened my hair up substantially, though I'm going to hold off until a couple months before posting pictures of the progress to compare to pictures of the past that I've posted at Regrowth.

In June, I'll be adding the Primordial Performance topical "HairGen" to my daily topical regimen. This is an all-natural formulation of mine that I put together after countless hours of research, and the PP decided to back and provide the funding/formulating for. It is a free 6-month trial to participate in, and I will probably discuss this a bit more in the future.

Hope to make some new friends over here in the hair loss fight!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Nidhogge's MPB Adventure

Post by Jacob » Mon May 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Hey Nid..good to finally see you here. 8) I'd be interested in your thoughts on the hGH product mentioned elsewhere in this forum. Not sure if I mentioned it at Regrowth or not. Should be in the experimental section here.

"global diffuse thinning"..everything is global these days..ain't it.. :-s

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Tue May 12, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi Mr Nid! :lol:

Was fun reading your story, looking forward to those pics. Oh that daily HGF must be expensive to use!

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue May 12, 2009 6:36 pm

I suppose I'm the "other helmet dude"! lol... But yeah... I'm really interested in the HGF, too, and I'll probably try it at some point. I must say... I'm PAINFULLY IGNORANT of Primordial Performance, though. I need to read more about that!

I think it's great that there are so many exciting new topicals to try! It seems like there are more this year than in the past few years combined.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

nidhogge
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: - Laser Helmet 3x a week, 20 minutes per session
- Magnesium Oil applied to scalp in the shower and massaged in well, left on for duration of shower
- HGF (Hair Growth Factors) custom formulation from Caregen once or twice a day
- A&G Complex (2 vials left)
- Primordial Performance HairGen Trial topical (coming soon)
- ImmortalHair.org regimen coupled with 112Degrees.com's product for hormonal balance

Post by nidhogge » Fri May 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Hey Jacob,

Yep, finally over here, haha. Just gotta get in the habit of visiting and posting now!

Kamui,

Definitely man, look forward to having, hopefully, great results and posting them for everyone! :)

The HGF isn't too bad price-wise, $75 for about 4 ounces, lasts around 2 months.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun May 17, 2009 9:52 am

Nidhogge!! Welcome to the site! I'm glad you're here!

Looking forward to learning more about the Primordial Performance topical.

Cheers,
Sam

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Wed May 20, 2009 9:00 am

Hey Nidhogge,

just curious if you don't mind sharing I was just curious about what exactly is in the Caregen topical you order? Also once you start Primordial Performance topical "HairGen" do you plan to stop the Caregen topical? Do the ingredients overlap?