Melissa's story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

Melissa
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: None

Melissa's story

Post by Melissa » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm in my early 30's and over the last year I have noticed my hair thinning in a kind of diffuse manner. It's not really noticeable to the average person, but my hair density has probably gone down by almost half. I used to have a very thick head of hair. Now it's just average, and approaching the point where I'm starting to get really concerned about it. I have also noticed that it's not growing as long as it used to.

My doctor has diagnosed it has female pattern hair loss, and my bloodwork shows everything well within the normal ranges. I'm basically healthy, other than this. So I don't know what the cause is.

Can anyone help me out with some recommendations on what I may be able to do to stop this and maybe even regrow some of the lost hair. I don't want to set my expectations too high but at the same time I want to fight this.

Thank you

kamui
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: Melissa's story

Post by kamui » Thu May 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Melessia,

if you take any birth control pills or any pills that can alter your hormones... STOP!

In my opinion, you can try to "cleanse" out those pills from your system via something called a Liver Flush. It might help to stablize your hairloss or even regrow it.

Melissa
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: None

Post by Melissa » Thu May 07, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi Kamui,

Thank you for your reply. I was on birth control pills about a year ago but stopped. Is hair loss from birth control that common? Also, tell me a bit more about this Liver Flush. Does that sort of thing really work? Have you ever tried it?

Thanks!

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Thu May 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Yes birth controls are very bad! Did you notice your hair loss around that time you were taking it?
The liver flush works, no doubt, the hair around my lower leg is returning! But I can not say the same for my hair though... But I have read it helped females with their hair loss. It is not difficult to do, pretty easy actually.

nidhogge
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: - Laser Helmet 3x a week, 20 minutes per session
- Magnesium Oil applied to scalp in the shower and massaged in well, left on for duration of shower
- HGF (Hair Growth Factors) custom formulation from Caregen once or twice a day
- A&G Complex (2 vials left)
- Primordial Performance HairGen Trial topical (coming soon)
- ImmortalHair.org regimen coupled with 112Degrees.com's product for hormonal balance

Post by nidhogge » Sat May 09, 2009 10:42 am

Melissa,

Though this won't cure the underlying causes of your hair loss, low level laser light therapy would be a great option for you. I've seen quite a few before/after pictures at my old LLLT clinic of women, over the course of a year, DRASTICALLY increasing their hair quality.

Re: birth control pills--I'd be very wary of using these for a number of health reasons besides hair loss. Screwing with the body's hormones can lead to advanced aging, cancer, and all sorts of nasty things. I'd recommend Pueraria Mirifica to help balance out your hormones.

strawberry

Post by strawberry » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:16 am

Very nice topic. I'm also in to that situation right now. The advices here is very helpful with me.
Thank's guys!

israelite
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by israelite » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:48 pm

strawberry wrote:Very nice topic. I'm also in to that situation right now. The advices here is very helpful with me.
Thank's guys!
stawberry, vitamins that will make your grow faster: biotin, silica complex, msm
shampoos for hairloss: regenepure dr, sweet sunnah shampoo
coconut oil will help with hairshed and black castr oil will make the hair shaft thicker.