Question

Dedicated to discussions and support for women suffering from hair loss.

Moderator: moderators

molecularblonde
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Question

Post by molecularblonde » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:03 pm

I would like to join a support in my area for telegen effluvium. Just a group of women I could talk to and to relate with. Any ideas about how I could do this? How can a find a group of people suffering with this type of disorder?

Thanks-
MB

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Post by Tricia » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:15 am

You might try some place like MSN groups or yahoo groups.
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

James

Post by James » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:44 am

Do support groups for that even exist? If they did that would be great, but I have not heard of anything. I would definitely do some searching online and see if you find anything.

I think that it is really inspiring that you are taking the steps to help yourself. Good for you.

molecularblonde
Regular Poster

Thanks

Post by molecularblonde » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:30 pm

Thanks james-
Still trying to find a support group in my area. I'd love to find a group of inidivuals who can relate to our situations.
MB

James

Post by James » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:21 pm

Did you have any luck with finding a support group?

How are things going with you?

molecularblonde
Regular Poster

Hi

Post by molecularblonde » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:03 am

Hi James-

I'm having a rough time finding a local support group.

I'm sick to my stomach with dread and anxiety over washing my hair. It's becoming unbearable. James there is so much hair in the sink after I'm done grooming myself that my sink became clogged this past week.

My hair is so thin on the top and sides, I feel like a clown. You can clearly see my scalp. It is white and very shiny. My hair is so thin that I can't put it in the barrette that I've worn to work for nearly seven years. I don't have enough hair!!!!

My first shedding occured late August after my surgery. It lasted six weeks. Then my hair was fine. Thinner, but fine. Then, this shedding began in May. It won't stop! And it's much worse than last time! Why is this happening?

I want to stay in bed all day today.

James

Post by James » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:21 am

I hear everything that you are saying but I think that you just need to give your regimen time to work. It may a few months.

It is easy to get carried away with the day to day checking and evaluating, but this will just lead to anxiety attacks and uncertainty.

I am gonna try to see if I can find any second opinions.

molecularblonde
Regular Poster

Hi

Post by molecularblonde » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:34 am

James-
THanks so much.

You gave me advice to try to get my mind off of my hair. I'm trying so hard. It's like time will go by without me thinking of my hair, then I go to run an errand and I'll see my reflection in my car window and my heart jumps! Is that really me? What's wrong with my hair? Who is that woman?

I got bloodwork back and now my hematocrit and hemaglobin levels are very low. THis is news because up to this point they'd always been fine. I showed my husband and he said they can fluctuate a bit. He tells me to stop worrying and to eat better and to stop exercising as much. I'm doing that.

This time last year I had a ton of hair. Now I need to "comb over" the thin areas. Ugh.

I dread going out of the house now. At this rate I will be bald in a month. This is not an exaggeration. It's that bad.

James

Post by James » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:40 am

I know that you may feel funny about it but seriously, using something like Toppik can really help until things get better.

I just wanted to throw that out there even though I have said that before.