Wigs and topper hair pieces

Dedicated to discussions and support for women suffering from hair loss.

Moderator: moderators

Tricia
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Wigs and topper hair pieces

Post by Tricia » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:00 am

If you are a female and need guidance on finding a good wig or hair piece, I recommend that you join this free support group: http://groups.msn.com/wigsupport

You have to email the moderator and request permission to join. It's a wonderful place to connect with other women who are concealing hair loss through the use of wigs or hair pieces. Finding the right cosmetic enhancement is a daunting task for any newbie.
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

Delores
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: I used to use several prescription medications and cannot recommend doing that to anyone - lots of bad physical complications.

Re: Wigs and topper hair pieces

Post by Delores » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:26 pm

I just joined this forum and have been browing all the discusion topics pertaining to womens hair loss. I did try many of the medications and topical sprays and creams for a few years but eneded up with such bad physical problems as a result that I just stopped. I would advise any woman to stay away from that stuff. Later on I did 6 months of laser treatments and saw limited growth and felt it was certainly not worth the money to continue with that. After a year or two of wearing wigs (Yaffa and some custom vacume wigs) I ended up with a very bad scalp infection. I just don't think our heads are meant to be covered up like that. I lost even more hair using Hair Club (stay away from them!) and Sequence Hair (a $4,000 nightmare) because of the anchoring systems that they DO NOT tell you about when you you go for a consultation.

I have to say that my husband has been so supportive these last 10 years and I am so grateful. He loves me with hair and without hair and he helped me so much by doing research and PAYING for all my attempts at getting hair back since insurance covered next to nothing. So ladies just remember a good support person is the best remedy!

God Bless.

Delores

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:10 am

Hi Delores,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm curious what products you tried. I know you said 'all' but it would be helpful to readers to know what ones you specifically tried.

Also if you would be willing to share pictures showing your success with dealing with your hair loss that would be great! Let me know if you need help with doing that.

Thanks

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:53 am

I'd be interested in seeing pics from real clients of Dream Hair Enhancements too. Sounds interesting, but it's hard to judge when the site is full of pics of Sharon Stone, Halle Berry, Victoria Beckham, Beyonce, etc...

It's sounds like an innovative hair system, but when the site shows pics of famous women with their own gorgeous hair, it's hard to tell. By the way, does this site have permission to use these women's images?

I'm also curious what you've tried. Please elaborate.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster

Post by Joanne » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:03 am

By the way, don't feel that you only need to browse the women's site. There's a lot of helpful topical and nutritional info on the rest of the boards. In fact, that's where most of the discussion takes place. Hair loss is hair loss. The main causes really aren't gender specific. A lot of female hair loss is rooted in the same causes as MPB. And a lot of male hair loss is thyroid, etc... related. Can't rule anything out and you might learn something.

Aphrodite

Post by Aphrodite » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:09 am

Dream Hair Enhancement has been a NIGHTMARE for me! I truly feel that they feed of the vulnerable, they are not true to their word. They have a product they describe as a Cranial Prosthesis yet they don't have a salon. They meet you in some building in a conference room. This should have been a red flag! I do not recommend this product at all. Your needs will be better served in a Full Service Salon where it is up and personal.

crowingglory
Hair Loss Type: Alopecia Areata
Treatment Regimen: topicical cover up; hair pieces

Post by crowingglory » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:39 am

Well all I can say is that I got my Dream Hair blending enhancement and I'm very excited and very, very happy \:D/

I did a lot of research on this company before I ordered from them and spoke to a representative several times, who was very helpful and NOT a pushy sales person at all! I saw mostly very positive reviews and just a couple of negative ones, which I guess is to be expected with any product. There is not a huge amount of information on the company but I suspect that is because it's a newer and smaller company because I've been noticing there name poping up more and more online.

I don't want to post photos because I'm a very private person especially when it comes to my hair loss. What I can say is that the blending enhancement is a very nicely made product and the hair is very, very beautiful hair (the best I've seen so far in hair replacement). The hair is tyed on a net that fits my own head almost like a regular wig would. The net is very fine so you can't see it when I'm wearing the enhancement and it really does look just like a natural head of hair. The net is so fine that it does feel like I'm not wearing anything at all. I had it cut and styled while wearing it and I look like I did before my hair loss took hold. My husband says I look at least 10 years younger and I think he's right. I never realized how hair loss can make us women look so much older!

I'd like to mention that when I got my enhancement I did need some changes in the measurements and also I asked if they would add a little more hair to it because I didn't order enough hair volume. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice they were about the whole thing. They altered the measurements, which they didn't charge me for, and added the extra hair which they charged me just a few dollars for. But they gave me free shipping when I ordered, and again when I asked for the changes. It did take them a few extra weeks to get it done for me, but I didn't mind that. From my experience with other companys I was expecting a huge battle and for them to tell me they wouldn't do it, or charge me a huge fee. Imagine my surprise when they said "no problem, we'll take care of it for you". I breathed a huge sigh of relief! :D

The only negative I would mention is that it does take several weeks to get your order. It took 8 weeks to get mine. I would very much recommend this company and it's product.

Crowingglory

gabriellajay

Post by gabriellajay » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:54 am

I am looking to purchase an ethically sourced human hair wig. Does anyone have experience here?
Thanks all.

habb1

Post by habb1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:12 pm

gabriellajay wrote:I am looking to purchase an ethically sourced human hair wig. Does anyone have experience here?
Thanks all.
I have an Enchantop which I believe is ethically scourced. It's not a wig, just a top piece that stays on with clips. It's human hair.

salmandcs
Occasional Poster

Post by salmandcs » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:44 am

Hmmm i think the best way to get rid of baldness is hair transplant

RedlaFlizan01
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by RedlaFlizan01 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:18 pm

I never donating hair for wigs but I usually use the cheo hair wigs to help me change my hair style as I have little hair and sufering the loss of hair and the cheap hair wigs I get online have helped me a lot.

RedlaFlizan01

Post by RedlaFlizan01 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:25 pm

salmandcs wrote:Hmmm i think the best way to get rid of baldness is hair transplant
I never donating hair for wigs but I usually use the cheo hair wigs to help me change my hair style as I have little hair and sufering the loss of hair and the cheap hair wigs I get online have helped me a lot.

AndreyTonteey13

Post by AndreyTonteey13 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:49 am

I know that now we can shop for the hair wigs such as the Medium Hair Wigs For Sale, Long Hair Wigs For Sale online easily, I also bought a Medium Hair Wigs For Sale after searching via google and look at the rank and then choose a style that I needed and few days after I placed the order I received the hair wigs and in general I am satisfied.

michellesack1
Regular Poster

Post by michellesack1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:46 am

I'd like to take part!

liciathramm
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by liciathramm » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy wigs and it is perfect.

michellesack1
Regular Poster

Post by michellesack1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:44 am

salmandcs wrote:Hmmm i think the best way to get rid of baldness is hair transplant
I just think that sometimes a hair transplant is too extreme if the hair loss can be hidden using a hair system...

yndoncaggs

Post by yndoncaggs » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 am

There are many online shops that selling the hair wigs of different styles now such as teh European Style Wigs and also other style for people in all over the world and if you are in need of one just get the hair wigs from the top seller online shop I have bought one long wigs and it is of high quality and good design.

michellesack1
Regular Poster

Post by michellesack1 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:40 am

Whats the site?

carllyfermo

Post by carllyfermo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:57 am

After using the hair wigs now usually I do not need to have my hair cut to often to gain the ideal hair style I want as I can always find the white wigs that can change my hair style to the way I like. Really a good method and you can have a try.

michellesack1
Regular Poster

Post by michellesack1 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:44 am

Oooh thanks for that

carllyfermo

Post by carllyfermo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:02 pm

After using the hair wigs now usually I do not need to have my hair cut to often to gain the ideal hair style I want as I can always find the white wigs that can change my hair style to the way I like. Really a good method and you can have a try.

michellesack1
Regular Poster

Post by michellesack1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:41 am

Yeah, I have read in a few places that wigs should be regularly cut and cared for to maintain realism.

DonyaRurles

Post by DonyaRurles » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:20 am

Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a synthetic hair wigs and it is perfect.

michellesack1
Regular Poster

Post by michellesack1 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Where did you get yours from?

lindachulla

Post by lindachulla » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:34 am

There are many online shops that selling the hair wigs of different styles now such as teh European Style Wigs and also other style for people in all over the world and if you are in need of one just get the hair wigs from the top seller online shop I have bought one medium black wig and it is of high quality and good design.

BrittPoree

Post by BrittPoree » Sun May 25, 2014 11:59 pm

Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a female wigs for men and it is perfect.