HAIR LOSS IN WOMEN --WHAT CAN BE DONE?

Dedicated to discussions and support for women suffering from hair loss.

Moderator: moderators

tallwoman
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

HAIR LOSS IN WOMEN --WHAT CAN BE DONE?

Post by tallwoman » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:13 am

hi :)
hair loss in women -what can be done can be seen here
[URL Removed]
bye
brenda

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Post by Tricia » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:34 am

I removed the URL from this post. The website seemed like a marketing ploy. The article did not say anything that you haven't heard already. Here are the talking points from it:

1. check for underlying medical condition
2. minoxidil (rogaine)
3. hair transplant surgery
4. if all else fails, get a wig
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

KC
Occasional Poster

Post by KC » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:23 am

Hi my name is Karen.
I'm the owner of [clinic name removed]. I help persons suffering from pattern hair loss and problematic scalp conditions by restoring health and hygiene to the scalp. I know, there many companies promoting their remedies for hair loss, but what I offer is completely different. I have a patent pending on the step cleansing and follicle extraction method I have developed. My method addresses the multifaceted reasons and root causes of hair loss and includes, an enzyme peel and manually removing the build up of skin layers. I use a cosmetic scope that magnifys the scalp surface 400X, and extracts sebum clogs and the demodex folliculorm that attaches itself to the sebum mass from the follicle cavity.
My website, [URL removed] gives detailed information on how I achieve scalp health that results in hair loss recovery. Outside of promoting my business, I want to share my knowledge of how hair loss can be corrected and prevented with out the aid of topical medications like minoxidyl, procecia, avodart or other medications dirived from hypertension and prostrate illnesses. Hair loss can be treated, corrected and prevented.
Healthy Scalps Grow Healthy Hair.

James

Post by James » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:33 am

Hey Karen and welcome to the forum. I have seen some of your posts over at another hair loss forum.

Do you have any pics of results from any of your clients?

KC
Occasional Poster

Pictures

Post by KC » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:00 am

I tried to take some digital pics but they didn't magnify the scalp as I had hoped. I just started my clinic last November and am slowly building a client base. Next week I should be able to afford the USB port for my laptop so I can capture more detailed pictures.

Can I ask a question? I belong to regrowth.com. I have found most of the members there to be hostile and closed minded to what I propose. I understand their frustration and jaded attitudes, but when a prospective solution arises, they discount it with out even the chance of exploring the theory. For that reason, I offered 4 members 4 treatmetns at no charge. The response from those members have been very positive. Even with the acknowledgement of their own memebers, they still refuse to entertain the idea that scalp health could be directly linked to hair loss. Am I to expect the same treatment here at this forum?

James

Post by James » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:47 am

Yeah I saw how people attacked you.

The thing is that most of these guys have literally been lied to so many times that they just don't trust anyone. And lets face it, there are an infinite amount of people who propose that they have an effective treatment for hair loss.

That kind of behavior seen over there will NOT be tolerated here.

I do agree that scalp health is critical to a hair loss treatment program.

We do not see as much activity over here in terms of participation but I think it would be worth while to discuss your ideas. They seem interesting and you seem very confident in your treatment.

So you believe that demodex mites may play a part in hair loss?

KC
Occasional Poster

Demodex Mites play a contributing role in hair loss.

Post by KC » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:07 am

Absolutely, the demodex is plays a major role in hair loss. The demodex is a parasite that inhabits the eye brow and eye lash hairs. It is transfered by face contact, which begins in infancy. By the time adult hood arrives, they have begun to over populate and colonize the face and scalp.

There are approximately 100,000 follicles on the head. Every hair has a sebaceous gland attached to it. The demodex lives within the follicle and feeds on the waxy oil, skin cells and cellular walls of the follicle. The mite emits an enzyme called lipase that converts the oil into a consumable food. Once their body waste is added to the liquid, it becomes highly acidic, further irritating and inflaming the cell walls. The liquid is so acidic that once the mite dies after laying its eggs, it decomposes in its own environment. The nocturnal demodex lives within the follicle leaving it only at night to breed on the scalp surface. Upon the scalp it crawls through bacteria, scalp fungus and other debris that is present on the scalp, then burrows back into the follicle, to lay as many as 25 eggs, introducing infection and causing scalp pimples irritation, inflamation, itch and hair loss.

Highly acitive amounts of DHT are present in sebum oil and perspiration. DHT causes malnutrition of the hair root, sucking essetial nutrients inhibiting hair growth.

Sebaceous plugs form around the hair bulb and shaft. It hardens and become like a cork at the opening of the hair follicle trapping the acidic contents inside.

Perspiration is a combination off DHT, oil and salt. If left on the scalp, it adds a micro thin layer of build up to the already existing layers.

Dandruff, eczema and psoriasis are fungal disorders of the scalp. The cleansing part of the treatment removes this buildup. Once removed the cosmetic scope is able to extract the sebaceous mass and the demodex attached to it.

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Post by Tricia » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:39 am

Hi Karen,

I removed the name of your clinic and the URL for website from this thread. I deleted the duplicate post that you made in this forum.

You're welcome to discuss scalp health, but not promote your own business within the forum. If Pfizer posted an ad here for minoxidil, I'd remove it too.
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron

KC
Occasional Poster

No problem Trish, Thanks for the heads up

Post by KC » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:11 pm

What would be an appropriate way to discuss the cleansing method that promotes hair restoration with out breaking the rules?

James

Post by James » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:39 am

Karen I would just avoid any direct promotion of your services. Thats all.

I am def. interested in your treatment. Your theory does seem to make sense but I still approach it with skepticism.

Could you please keep us updated on the results of the 4 men and 4 women you gave treatment to?

KC
Occasional Poster

regrowth.com study up date

Post by KC » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:23 am

All trail subjects are members of Regrowth.com
This coming Saturday is the 4th treatment for Stevo. Since he lives close by, he is able to visit once a week. He has velous hair on the top of his head in the shape of a large U. After his 2nd treatment, he said he felt his scalp was much cleaner, and felt healthier. By the 3rd appointment, the velous hair had become much stronger. He tests this by pinching hair btwn his index and thumb and tries to pull it out. Instead of many hairs coming out, there is only 2 or three hairs. His scalp is visibly healthier. When we started, he had patches of scaly bumps on his head. Almost all of those patches are gone. He is considering purchasing the Lazer Hair Wand, and thinks I should purchase one as well. Since the cost of this lazer wand is 3K, it is not at the top of my list as a tool to purchase. Not tomention, I'm not so sure it will be effective. I have heard the lazer comb doesn't work, and I'm not sure the lazer wand is much different. He also stated that at the end of the trial, he would continue to come in every two weeks.

Another trial member, Soccer#4, was an original client that I had lost touch with when I had to relocate. He had had about 6 treatments then we lost touch for 5 months. He found me on the forum, and messaged me. He has returned and is resuming his treatments once a month. His hair is much thicker on top, the hair line is starting to move forward and the corners are filling in.

The last two trail subjects have only been in one time. The first, Hogan, lives in Arizona and can only come in once a month due to travel and rental car costs. Although his scalp is not really showing signs of hair loss, he states he can tell it has become thinner. The other, Kris, looks to be in his late 20's, lives in California. His hair loss is also hard to detect, but like Hogan, he states his hair has become much thinner in the last few years. Although both men seem to have healthy hair on their heads, there were many sebum masses and demodex removed.

As the trial continues, I'll keep you informed as to how they progress.

I'll keep you posted as they continue with their treatment.

sherrybalesteros
Occasional Poster

Re:

Post by sherrybalesteros » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Tricia wrote:I removed the URL from this post. The website seemed like a marketing ploy. The article did not say anything that you haven't heard already. Here are the talking points from it:

1. check for underlying medical condition
2. minoxidil (rogaine)
3. hair transplant surgery
4. if all else fails, get a wig
Nice one trish..:)

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Re: HAIR LOSS IN WOMEN --WHAT CAN BE DONE?

Post by Joey Ramone » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:40 pm

I guess it wasn't always accepted to discuss your own products here then. Karen seemed to be keeping things pretty kosher.

What happened to James?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:30 pm

A little late here..but that was back in 2006.

And those "trials"? Hmmmmm

Melonie
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by Melonie » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:44 am

I started losing hair at 30 years old. As a woman I think it is especially painful. I'm now 33 and things have become worse. I am considering hair replacement through surgery. Have others had experience with this. Please share any success or warning stories so I can be informed. Thanks a lot.

Kate Russell
Regular Poster

Post by Kate Russell » Tue May 27, 2014 9:57 pm

I used to apply oil regularly... I had this issue at start but now its resolved by the passage of time and as i m using oil regularly. \:D/

Kate Russell
Regular Poster

Post by Kate Russell » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:02 pm

Being a young girl of 24, I hate being in the process of getting bald :oops: ! I've heard people say that good hair enhance a girl's beauty and this makes me get even more worried because I feel I'm no more beautiful :( . I admit some of the mistakes I've done...like I'm really very lazy about oiling my hair and I hardly ever oil them even after the herbalist's recommendation. Secondly, I've been careless about brushing them frequently and trust me there are weeks when I don't brush my hair at all and they keep tied up in that tight bun. I've noticed I lose a lot of hair when I stop brushing them. I hope someone would came up with an easy practical solution for hair loss.

MoodyK
Occasional Poster

Post by MoodyK » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:24 pm

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post a quick reply to it, specifically for the comment that appears up above my own. I am hoping to spare anyone from doubting their own natural beauty, especially if you come across the post the same way I did. I completely empathize with anyone who might feel that their hair loss will make them feel less beautiful, because I have been there before and I know people who might have easily felt the same way. Hair loss happens and it can happen to the best of us, but this is no reason to look down on yourself or feel like you are any less beautiful, because if you do this you are already halfway to losing the fight. There are many solutions meant to help you get through hair loss and a good many of them focus on helping you stay beautiful but they are all secondary to the way you think about yourself as you go through this, keep that in mind and always stay POSITIVE \:D/