Oestrogen drops

Dedicated to discussions and support for women suffering from hair loss.

Moderator: moderators

Sonali
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Oestrogen drops

Post by Sonali » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:25 am

I started using Regaine in January, and had to stop in March as my scalp was red, flaky, and quite painful. I started using a minoxidil 12.5% and azelaic acid 5% cream last week, and almost immediately began to experience similar side effects - big flaky patches of dandruff, an itchy scalp, etc. Now, after speaking to a trichologist recommended to me in Manchester, I've just started using a topical oestrogen solution called Estradolium 0.004%, which is supposed to counteract the effect of DHT on the hair follicles. Has anyone else used this topical, or heard about it?

Cheers

Sonali

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed May 04, 2005 11:10 pm

Hi Sonali,

Sorry I missed this post of yours. Anyway, the only person that I know of that has used topical estrogen for hair loss is John Ertel, the author of the website http://www.regrowth.com.

He used a ton of products though and had some pretty amazing results overall. Not sure if the topical estrogen helped though.

Sam

Louise

Re: Oestrogen drops

Post by Louise » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:38 pm

Hi Sonali,

Did you get these drops from Frank Cunningham by any chance. My scalp is also sensitive to minidoxil. I have androgenic type hair loss. I am a 44 year old female. Did these drops work for you and if so how long did it take before you saw a result. Can't get much information on these and Frank is a bit vague about them.

Hope you are well. New to this forum.

Louise

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi Louise,

It's been a while since Sonali posted here. I just wanted to acknowledge your post. Have you had any luck finding an answer to this question elsewhere?

Tricia
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Tricia » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:37 pm

Louise,

My scalp is also very sensitive to regular minoxidil 5%. I order propylene glycol free minoxidil 5% from Dr. Lee (minoxidil.com). If it wasn't for that formulation, I don't think I could use minoxidil. I heard that rogaine foam also does not contain proplyene glycol, but I haven't tried that one for myself.

The original poster mentioned using minox with azelaic acid. I tried that one and the azelaic acid will strip out hair dye. I found that out the hard way. So, I wouldn't use that if you color your hair.

I haven't tried topical oestrogen and I'm not interested in trying it because of the hormones.

Good luck,
Tricia
5% minoxidil
Multivitamin with iron