laser therapy anyone

Dedicated to discussions and support for women suffering from hair loss.

Moderator: moderators

hairless
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

laser therapy anyone

Post by hairless » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:20 pm

Any experiences with the laser? I am on week 8 and I have had nothing but more and more loss. It is freaking me out.

3rdin2horserace
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Super Zix twice a day

Re: laser therapy anyone

Post by 3rdin2horserace » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:42 pm

hairless:

I myself am trying to put together a helmet from OMG, so I can't share any expereiences yet. But, I hope things turn around for you quickly, because your account is very disheartening.

I am sure there are more than a few guys here that can chip in and lift up your hopes.

hairless
Occasional Poster

Post by hairless » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:53 am

Thanks. All the men sat to stick with it. The more you shed the better you are responding. The problem is I am just a few hairs away from not being able to hid it. I can no longer wear my hair down and clipping it up is coming to the end. ;(
I am going to stick with it .... unless someone can tell me otherwise. Thanks for the response and the minute I notice positive changes I will share!

sherrybalesteros
Occasional Poster

Post by sherrybalesteros » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:01 pm

hairless wrote:Any experiences with the laser? I am on week 8 and I have had nothing but more and more loss. It is freaking me out.
Did you ask your doctor about this?Maybe the medicine is not compatible?

jksl
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Post by jksl » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:57 am

what are your treatment times? At 20 minutes, 3 times a week, i shed like crazy too. My hairline took a serious hit, along with the rest of my head. So, i cut down treatment times to under 10 minutes per session, 2 times a week and the shed slowed down. I thought this shed meant good things to come, but few of the hairs i saw disappear on my hairline came back more miniturized... Unfortunately, i haven't been able to recover all the loss yet, but i'll give it some more time to see what happens.

I'd rather risk understimulation than overstimulation. If i had to do it all over again, i would have started off with lower treatment times and maybe begin with a cluster device. My hair really did thicken up a bit in the beginning, but things went downhill from there. Supplementation and lowering treatment times helped control the damage. Now i'm trying to figure out how to reverse the damage.

johnsp
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other

Post by johnsp » Sat May 29, 2010 10:45 pm

Ladies please visit a professional www.thelaserclinic.com.au
Be very careful about building your own helmet as although LLLT is considered safe (and it is) your diode selection is paramount to your condition. If you are Areata sufferers you will need a different rated diode to an ardrogenic sufferer. Make sure that you have no predisposition to thyroid or other endocrine abnormalities. See a professional in the field of LLLT for hairloss. Whether that be me or anyone else don't build or attempt to build sensitive equipment in a backyard the risk of malfunction is too great.