How many years Laser treatment works

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

shahid
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

How many years Laser treatment works

Post by shahid » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:15 am

I have been losing my hair for last 2 years at an undesirable rate. My father has also bald problem. So, genetically I will have to face the same problem. Moreover I use the water during bath is not pure as i have a little facilities for distilled water(I am studying & live in hostel for 3 years). Now, what i have to do? I thought about laser therapy. I also heard that it is a temporary treatment. If i take the laser hair therapy, then how many years it will works after first treatment(I heard the treatment ranges from 3-6 months ). Is there any side effect? Again, is it required for a hair transplant after laser therapy?

shahid

Re: How many years Laser treatment works

Post by shahid » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:52 am

Has laser therapy any side effect ? Is it a temporary treatment?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: How many years Laser treatment works

Post by Jacob » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:34 am

It's temporary in that you'd have to keep using it..just like anything else. There doesn't seem to be any side-effects..although I suppose they could cause eye damage..and over-using it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Your last sentence in your fist post is confusing: "Again, is it required for a hair transplant after laser therapy?" If you mean- is laser therapy required after a hair transplant...I'm sure the doc you're working with will give you that answer.

Welcome to the forums btw 8)