Some LLLT questions, just joined the club!

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

dZine
Hair Loss Type: Alopecia Universalis
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Some LLLT questions, just joined the club!

Post by dZine » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:00 am

Hello everbody,

since yesterday I am using the laser Messiah II with 200 diodes.
The advice is to use it 3 times a week for 20 minutes.
However, I have a few questions..

- What happens if you use it longer then 20 minutes? Since i only have 200 diodes ( in comparison to 300/400/440) shouldn't I use it longer? Or more often?

- Should you get a burning/tingling feeling? I do not feel anything...it seems like it's just red light shining on my scalp;)

- The bristles that are resting on my head are actually quite heavy. I can still seel small red spots after I took the helmet off...Is this ok? Is this not a negative effect?

Hairisgoodforu
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Coal tar shampoo .5% (net concentration)
Clobetasol Propionate foam .05% (three days every two months)
Pyrithione zinc shampoo 1%

Re: Some LLLT questions, just joined the club!

Post by Hairisgoodforu » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Five years ago, but ill answer anyway because im bored!

Dont use the helmet more than 20 min. The amount of diodes is related to the surface area covered, not the amount of power delivered. The amount of power delivered will vary based on factors such as the output of the diode (in milliwatts), the spacing of the diodes, and the distance between the diode and the scalp. In short, dont exceed the twenty minute treatment time; it will make for a less effctive or ineffective treatment.

No, there is really no noticable sensation to laser therapy besides the heat of the lasers if anything.

The helmets are heavy, but that's ok. Not going to damage your scalp anywhere near as much as is the chronic metabolic disorder you are treating!