Dark skin and hair Overstilumation ?

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

sonal
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: lllt 3x a week, super zix II 2x daily

Dark skin and hair Overstilumation ?

Post by sonal » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:20 am

I have been lasering for 8 months now with OMG's 400 diode. I am female, dark skinned (Indian asian) with dark hair.
My hair loss started 10 yrs ago but was very gradual and noticeable only to me. About a yrs ago after i delivered my son, it began to get worse and i was a NW I-3. so i started lasering and kept getting more thinning. I am doing 20min 3x a week and very regular with it. I use Revita shampoo and emu oil shampoo and laser on wet hair. At around 6mo my hair loss became visible to everyone, started becoming obvious in photos etc, even to strangers. So i started using super zix II, but kept up with the LLLT regimen.

Now 8 months into LLLT, i am a NW II-1 scale. its quite scary esp for a woman. my health otherwise has not changed, so i am considering cutting down lasering times given that i have dark skin and hair? just floundering here because there are no answers. would that help? what should i do about the hairs that i could have possibly overstimulated? will they ever grow back?
what happens during overstimulation and can it damage hair follicles irreversibly?
pl help!

thx