LLLT 1 year after

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

Peac33
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: LLLT

LLLT 1 year after

Post by Peac33 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:15 am

Hello,

I want to share my observations with you. I made a LLLT device with 130 diodes for about 1 year ago. Used it 5 months then i had to stop because of intence scalp pain and even a strong "acouphen" in my ears.

I used the device variously from 2 times 30 minutes per week to 3 times 15 minutes at the end et was even less then that, 10 minutes per weeks. I had to stop completely because of the powerfull noize inside my ears.

I did not made any observation at that moment in terme of thickness and regrow. Hair quality was better and there was less hairs falling.

I stopped for about 4 month after, to see if my ears were going to stop buzzing and it reduced considerably. My hair density reduced too definitly. ( the day i started lasers, i stopped propecia, just for you to know)

So i decided to start back the lasers. For 3 month i did 2 minutes expositions per 2 weeks. after 3 months i definitly saw an improved density, there is no doubt about it. It's close to magic, no miracle cure but it's working.

The problem is the pain, even with 2 minutes of expositions per 2 weeks i have some indescriptible pain. It's In the shower when i put shampoo in my hairs, when i get out the shower it hurts like hell, like if some elements inside the shampoo were getting inside my scalp.

If i don't wash my hair, i don't get pain, that's enough proof. And this situation started in coordination with the use of lasers 3 month ago.

I am at point zero again, but this time i definitly saw an improvement with 2 minutes per 2 weeks... hard to believe heh ? but i convinced this time, the thing is working.

johnsp
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other

Re: LLLT 1 year after

Post by johnsp » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi Peac33, The pain that you are feeling with your device is definately NOT NORMAL!!
You mentioned that you built this device yourself, what diodes did you use (Mw and Nm)?
How far from your scalp are the diodes when active?
which Shampoo are you using?
It appears that you are happy to be growing your hair, however, from what you are describing the pain that you are getting, could be related to either of the points above.
Are you using Minoxidil?
It will be advantageous for you to use a DHT Blocking suppliment (although I strongly advise agains propecia or finnestrade).
Using a shampoo with certain elements contained may give the reaction you are receiving. LLLT is best effective and aided by good scalp hygiene, the exclusion of products containning DEA and SLS.
Good to hear your results, you should have no pain with LLLT ever.
John
thelaserclinic.com.au

Peac33
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Treatment Regimen: LLLT

Re: LLLT 1 year after

Post by Peac33 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Hello,

Actually my design is there:
http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... 662#p11662

I am respecting almost all the standards possible, i am even a 1.5 ~ 1.24 inches from the scalp, precise. I can put the helmet lot higher and experience the same kind of pain.

But i cannot attibute all the damages to the lasers because i took minoxydil 1 year, revivogen 2 months, finasterid dissloved in water direct on the scalp for a period of almost 2 months, Saw pallmetto direct on the scalp too.

So it's a lot of chimicals that could have damaged the cell up there. My body was intoxicated totaly i had to stop everything, i was totaly sick. All those chimicals get trough the skin and into the blood stream.

But truth is, when i use the lasers, i have general scalp pain and when i don't use laser i have less pain.

For the shampoos i experience pain with:

Finesse
Pantene
Garnier fructis
And even the soap bar called Le chat.

So it's everything i put on my scalp totaly... I didn't use the lasers for 3 weeks now because i had to much pain after washing my hair, the situation is improving. So to me the lasers contributes in a part to the global pain situation.

I will not take anymore chimicals to help, i gatering the money to get a micrograft someday, when needed.

I am planing to get a bioshampoo with less chimicals but i doubt it will do any difference, i just hope to get back some endurence against chimicals.