How is LLLT supposed to work???

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

gutted
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: saw palmetto and beta sis for 3 months, stopped now due to excessive shedding

How is LLLT supposed to work???

Post by gutted » Sat May 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Is there any science behind LLLT?

it doesnt block dht in any way? so how does LLLT regrow/thicken up hair?

johnsp
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other

Re: How is LLLT supposed to work???

Post by johnsp » Fri May 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi Gutted
There is a lot of science behind LLLT for hair regrowth. It is true that you stated that LLLT does not block DHT. This chemical is created deep within the body, not at scalp level. Although you can get DHT Blocking Shampoo they are really only disabling the adhersion of DHT to the external follicle.
LLLT works at cellular and follicular level. The small amount of heat created with the Laser expands the follicle and the capillaries out to around 4X their normal size for a short period of time. Thus allowing the more dense DHT to be moved through the capillaries to the follicle and eventually expelled.
If you are considering purchasing one of these devices make sure you are actually getting a Laser device and not an LED. Have a look at my website www.thelaserclinic.com.au or email me with any questions through the site.
It absolutely works, it does take time, be careful of companies telling you you will see results in 60 days. Most people receive great results in 12-24 months. You will need to use appropriate products with LLLT, make sure that any topicals do not contain SLS or DEA as it reduces the effect of the laser.

schealer
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: finasteride, minoxidil

Post by schealer » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Hello, I tried to look at your website for LLT info. It seems to be more about hair removal. Can you tell me which will be the best LLT unit for purchase in the USA? I was considering the IGROW helmet

Thanks, can email me directly at schealer@gmail.com

eva92watson
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by eva92watson » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:03 am

Yes, the laser light therapy do work for hair loss. Laser light stimulates the hair follicles, increases blood flow and cellular metabolism within the scalp. The increase in blood circulation provides the required oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicle. This light energy boosts the process that repairs weak hair follicles. Blood flow is increased and the destructive effects of a hormone called dihydrotestosterone, (DHT), are blocked. DHT is what makes the hair follicles stop making new hair.

future is with LLLT
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: 5% minoxidil 2 times daily plus 20 minutes LLLT full head device with 378 made by myself as I am an electronic engineer.

Post by future is with LLLT » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:33 pm

LLLT provides deep tissue stimulation via red light with 650nm wave length which penetrates beneath the scalp and directly stimulates hair follicles thus increases blood supply.
With MPB the hair follicles are literally "suffocated" by DHT that restricts their nourishment.
There are 2 fronts to combat hair loss - THEY MUST BE TAKEN BOTH.
1 - follicle stimulation and
2 - DHT blocking
Minoxidil enhances the effect of LLLT and nobody really knows exactly why..

BIGGEST mistake people do is that they use weak LLLT devices such as laser combs.
2nd mistake is that they don't apply DHT blockers
Minoxidil acts a bit like DHT blocker but rather enhances the effect of LLLT

LLLT DOES NOT WORK ON ITS OWN - NOR DOES MINOXIDIL
THEY MUST BE COMBINED WITH DHT BLOCKERS!!!

LLLT stands for - Low Level Laser Therapy.
As the name itself suggest it must be with LASER diodes, NOT with LED diodes - and I am surprised why so many devices out there use LEDs...It must be some kind of a bad joke?

a bit of science, don't get bored too much...

clinical studies and trials (Google it) agree that ideal deep tissue stimulation delivered to a skin area daily should be around 4J/cm2 This equals to 1 laser diode with 5mW rating applied to 1cm2 of affected area of scalp for 20 minutes.

All laser diodes are manufactured almost equally and will cover 1cm2 of scalp from a distance of approx. 15mm.
Norwood 7 baldness area (my calcs) is approx. 28-30cm2 - this means that if you want to spend only 20 minutes with your LLLT device - it must have around 300 diodes...that's is a simple math.

How can anyone tell me that laser comb with 1 or 2 diodes used 20 minutes will do anything for my hair loss - and people still buy it today..