More distance from scalp (where to get bristles over 2cm in length?)

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

general zod
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

More distance from scalp (where to get bristles over 2cm in length?)

Post by general zod » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Does anyone know where to purchase an ordinary hair brush with bristles that - when used in the laser helmet - will keep the diodes at least 2cm from the scalp?
The bristles would need to be about 2.5 - 2.6cm overall, as they obviously need to get through the 6mm of foam first.

I just took a 7x7cm piece of foam, put 8 diode holes in it and supported it on 2cm bristles. I stuck some uniformly positioned diodes in there, shone them onto a piece of paper below and there's a clear space between one band of diode light and the next, ie. not full coverage. The bristles only give me 1.5cm distance from the paper (again, the first 5-6mm is going through the foam). I lifted the foam piece up a little and, inevitably, got a little closer to 'full coverage' on the paper.

I know it's pedantic but I think bristles that little bit longer, increasing distance, may be useful for fuller coverage....