Are Laser Treatments Offfered by Surgeons a Rip Off

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

odemadrid
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Are Laser Treatments Offfered by Surgeons a Rip Off

Post by odemadrid » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi everyone I appreciate taking the time to read my post. I have had loss since I was young; however, it's not the typical male hair loss pattern.
Density throughout my entire scal has decreased a lot and hair has thinned.
Anyways, I started the propecia and rogaine treatment. I also saw a hair transplant doctor in Texas, buy he didn't recommend surgery becase he said my hair was too thin to be transplanted. Instead, he suggested a high frequency, low amplitude laser treatment at his office over a 12-month period for about 3000 USD.
He showed me a couple of pics of previous clients, and the results seemed promising, but we all know pics can be misleading. However, he offered to include a clause in the contract where I wouls be fully refunded if I didn't see any results. Has anyone used these services? Are they worth the money? Thanks

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Re: Are Laser Treatments Offfered by Surgeons a Rip Off

Post by Anxious1 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:20 pm

LASER CLINICS are a rip off. all they will give u is a few 20 minute sessions a week under a 100 diode hood device. so thats 100 x lasers, each has the light wavelength of 650 nm, and the voltage of 3-5 volts.

u can make or get made ur own laser device here

www.overmachogrande.com

for around $1200 u could own the device for life.

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: Are Laser Treatments Offfered by Surgeons a Rip Off

Post by N0rwgnKid » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:31 am

Agree !
And your hairloss-pattern doesnt sound very mpb like at all. You should go see a doctor, have yourself checked for thyroid or adrenal problems.