Lasermax Super Grow Dome 90 questions versus...

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

Benji89
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Minoxidil 5% (soon to be 12.5%), Retin-A 0.05%

Lasermax Super Grow Dome 90 questions versus...

Post by Benji89 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if I could ask some peoples opinions on a couple of things, in particular the Lasermax Super Grow Dome 90 (90 diodes, 5mw, 650nm) and The Lazerfish Ultra 300.

First, I'm a 20 year old, caucasian male with Type II skin type and dark brown hair. I am currently experiencing hairloss that has begun to progress to NW2 and also showing signs of NW3 as well (some minor hairloss at the crown). I know from experience with laser hair removal that my hair is very susceptible to lasers (although I know calculations, wavelength and everything inbetween is different, but still though it would be worth mentioning). Hairloss on my fathers side is not a major problem, although for males on my mothers side it can only be described as brutal. At the moment I have begun (within the last week) using 5% minoxidil on the temporal twice a day and Retin-A 0.05% once a day to the temporal, crown and hairline areas that are experiencing hairloss. I do intend in increase my regime to include Nizoral Shampoo (or equivalent), 12.5% Minoxidil combined with Reservatrol, MSM and Sillicon supplements although being that I am currently a student I have to work within my means. I don't intend to use Finasteride / Dutasteride for various reasons, but that is something that isn't going to change unfortunately (albeit even if I have to loose my hair).

As well as this regime of topicals and supplements I do intend to purchase a laser device in order to aid hair regrowth or at least to maintain my current hair. Unfortunately I don't have the time, nor the space or tools to make my own device, as well as a personal hate for anything to do with wiring etc. The two devices which I would like to know peoples opinions on are:

LAZERFISH NEW ULTRA 300 HANDHELD
http://www.lllt-therapy.com/Products.html
(although I am aware that a helmet version will be released as of February 2010)

and

The Super Grow Dome 90
http://www.50lasers.com/products.php

My questions concerning this are:

Which one is most likely to be effective in regrowing my hair / maintaining the hair I currently have (from reading the boards I get the general consensus that the Supergrow 90 would be more likely too)?

What is the general consensus on the duration of time per treatment with the device? I’ve looked at OMG’s Laser Messiah’s which many say need to be used for 15 minutes, 3 times a week. Although in saying this the LM 90 only states 20 minutes, 3 times a week despite their being less than half of the number of diodes in the helmet so I am wondering what are poples opinions on the treatment time needed. I am quite conscious of overstimulation so I’d rather take the risk of understimulating a little bit than overstimulating especially as my hair is very dark.
What are peoples results of the results people have observed with the devices in question?

I apologise for asking for a lot of information in my first post on the site and certainly wouldn’t berate anyone for classing me as one of the annoying newbies. I’m currently in the process of taking pictures of my hairloss and will be documenting it all the way through with pictures for all to see.

Many thanks to everyone who keeps the site alive and going,
Benji