Something interesting for Laser Messiah users

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

crzyakta
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Something interesting for Laser Messiah users

Post by crzyakta » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Hey guys,

I'm in grad school for Biomedical Engineering...and for my 3D CAD course we had to design a project in Pro/Engineer..and I could think of no other than the Laser Messiah...of course with full details on LLLT and the function of the helmet (and even referenced OMG in the write up) etc..

So without further ado, I have a jpg of the helmet attached...I can take more angled shots and close ups etc if you guys want...enjoy!

Amit

bear101
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode laser Messiah 2 (3 times a week for 20 min sessions, at least 2 days between sessions)

Re: Something interesting for Laser Messiah users

Post by bear101 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Cool.Have you got your project graded? I wonder what their response was.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm

THAT'S AWESOME!!!

I'm eventually going to do something like that for a lot of hair loss products. That way I can use them in all of my videos that I'm doing!
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

mkenoyer
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Treatment Regimen: Dr. Proctors Proxiphen + Minoxidol

Post by mkenoyer » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:08 am

Very cool design. Would you consider sharing the design? Any idea how much an SLA model
would cost?

-Michael

crzyakta

Post by crzyakta » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:23 am

hey bear, I dont know my project grade but I did receive an A in the class, so Im sure the project (worth 20%) must have been around that...and yeah it was interesting to explain, since the Prof is a young PhD himself who is thinning, he had some specific questions of interest lol

OMG, thanks man...its based on your model bud, if you want more pictures I can attached them...I have all the parts singled (top mold, diodes, the headband etc) and dimensioned in various views

hey mkenoyer, I do not mind sharing the design...it was made in Pro/E Wildfire with an assembly file for the entire project OR single parts in part files (prt)...Solidworks or AutoCAD may or may not be able to view the design

As for stereolithography, the project was a requirement for my class..Im not really perusing use of SLA to make it so I havent looked into the cost, but that is interesting, and if you wanted to investigate that option, let me know..I can send the model to you

(more about pricing for medium to large scale models..mine would be small: http://www.timecompression.com/articles ... yping-time)

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:02 pm

This is pretty slick. Good job.