8 Months OF LLLT

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

Joely
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

8 Months OF LLLT

Post by Joely » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:30 am

OK guys, just passed 8 months of using my laser helmet and my hair at the moment is quite thin around the temples and just behing the 'island'. Still shed in the shower, however nothing when brushing or running my hands through my hair. Scalp feels really good, no irratation or inflammation/itchiness however hair has definatly taken a hit. It is winter here in the UK and my hair usually takes a hit in these months. I'm going to carry on and see how things progress. Really hope this will lead to better things however it can be discouraging sometimes. Any users out there who have seen an improvement in the 8-12 month mark?

jambap
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: 80 Diode Laser Helmet 20 mins, 3 x per week

Re: 8 Months OF LLLT

Post by jambap » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:47 am

hey joely, sorry to hear you've had less than satisfactory results. For some reason more seem to be posting not as good results as that 1st generation of laserers from the regrowth website. I'm in the UK too and I've just reached the 1 year mark. I've been delighted with my results and as more time passes things just keep getting better. I recommend you just stick at it as it seems you are still seeing an improvement albeit slowly. I think things will still get better, it just takes time. In my first 9 months I also had up and downs, but these were natural sheds as the hair got stronger. Since the 9 month mark my hair got thick enough that I was able to start using a hairdryer which I haven't been able to do for the last 5 years. So stick at it, keep in mind that you will get your present hair thickening before you get new hair making any great visible difference, but I'm sure even that will come. I think the fact that this board is so slow and very few of the original laserers are bothering to post, is testimony enough to it's success. Keep the faith mate

Peac33
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: LLLT

Post by Peac33 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:24 pm

I did 5 month of LLLT until now, it's hard to say. The thing is working, old hairs fall and new ones takes place, i had a rug of new little hairs.

But it's doing a poor job on the front temple little dying hairs. I did not get any great improvement on that. But on the back of the head and on the top there is some good results definitely.

I don't have a very good tolerance to the lasers and my regimen was low, 2 times 20 minutes a week and i had to put the lasers higher because it cause me to much pain after, to much stress on the head mussels. Maybe with 3 times 25 minutes with more lasers you get more result. I will never know. If i can fix my ear problem i will stick too the lasers too.

If you don't get any pain, then stick to it!

Joely
Occasional Poster

Post by Joely » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:59 am

Thanks guys. My main aim is thickening what I already have, if I can do that I think i'd be fairly happy. Regrowth would be a bonus however not something i'm pinning my hopes on