Any of you familiar with this LLLT company?

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

NeverQuit
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Any of you familiar with this LLLT company?

Post by NeverQuit » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:57 pm

LaCie
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Treatment Regimen: LLLT (3 times/week)
Finisteride (5mg/day)

Re: Any of you familiar with this LLLT company?

Post by LaCie » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:34 am

Yes - Konftec is a wellknown manufacturer of LLLT devices and their handheld ACULAS (5x20mW or 5x50mW) for hairloss has been around for many years. I believe the company and their products are OK. However I would anytime choose to build my own helmet with 300+ 5mW lasers according to OMG guidelines. First of all the coverage is not that good on Konftec helmets. They use 50mW diodes and to get proper/ even coverage you have to move the helmet around. You can build your own helmet (more power and better coverage) for half the price.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:08 am

Anybody that is any sort of laser veteran hates Konftec because they absolutely lied about the DIY laser movement: http://www.overmachogrande.com/index.ph ... ou_and_me/

Seriously, if you look at this graphic: http://img263.imageshack.us/i/konftecscamik8.jpg/ ...everything is just MADE UP, and yes... they stole pictures of my original laser helmet.

...and here is a thread where we tear up everything that they say: http://regrowth.com/hairloss-forums/vie ... =1&t=22065

As far as that helmet that they have, like I explained in that first link to my site... that helmet is a joke. As far as their handhelds, I still don't know anyone that has gotten results from one -and LOTS of people have tried them! I got an email just last week from someone that bought one and was just fed up with using it for year(s?) and not getting results.

Anyway, Konftec is a bunch of snakes... they make up bogus graphics about "studies" that don't exist, they lie about our diodes, and they don't know a damn thing about laser therapy anyway based on their instruction manuals. ...And THAT is the truth! lol...
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:42 am

Oh my god, I just looked over that bogus chart that they made again and it ANGERS ME! lol... STILL! What a bunch of HORSESH1T!

Calling our lasers the same ones as used in laser pointers is CRIMINAL. It never suprises me the extents that some of these "companies" go to for sales -especiallly these "higher powered diode" companies. They are P A T H E T I C!

So do they work?? Look at their track record and decide that for yourself (the answer is "maybe a little"), but the main point here is that why the hell would anyone ever want to give money to a company that lies like that -and how do those companies sleep at night?!

I know how I sleep... fantastic, and next to a cool, beautiful woman.
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Calbruin
Occasional Poster

Post by Calbruin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:08 pm

Haha, jesus. I had no idea they took your helmet and put it on their site. That is unbelievable.

I also need to take the time to retract a statement I made on this site awhile back about the treatment times for the OMG helmet. At month 2 I went through a shed, and I became uncertain about whether or not 20 mins x 3 was too much. Well guys, I am happy to say that at 5 months my hair has never looked better and I am continuing to grow hair (especially right in the temples). My shed basically stopped right after two months and its been getting better ever since! I couldn't be happier with the results...

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:35 am

Glad to hear that, Calbruin!

Yeah, I think AixiZ got EXTREMELY angry about that, too. I told Dr. Maricle not to worry about it much, but I could see why he was mad... those "laser pointer diodes" are the same diodes used in their Sunetics G! SO, according to Konftec, one of the most expensive and successful commercial grade clinical laser devices uses LASER POINTER DIODES with a life of 500 hours! lol... ALL OF THAT info they give is a lie -graphs, etc.- and that's just so crazy. ...And then you look at the other higher powered diode jackass that posts bullsh*t in the forums and he says bogus crap, too. I really think that higher powered diodes must affect people's brains and makes them unethical because there is no other explanation for it! lol...

-O.M.G.