LLLT for reviving miniaturized hair?

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

xyion1
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

LLLT for reviving miniaturized hair?

Post by xyion1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:04 am

I’ve been using a homemade device for a few months now, and am still awaiting some regrowth. However, all the hair I want to “regrow” is just miniaturized …I don’t have any slick bald spots, I’m just thinning at the temples (and the thin parts have very short, fine hair like vellus). I thought that this began around March of 2008, but looking at pictures from Oct 2007 it was also there, so I’m getting to the 30 months “deadline” pretty soon.

Will continued LLLT reverse the miniaturization? Other than fin/minox are there other internals and/or topicals to use? I’ve read good things about MSM. I don't have any intention of stopping the LLLT for overall hair health and vitality, but if there is something I can add for a knockout punch.

I do use clay (Scalpure for now) as a pre-laser, and I have some mag oil as well for post laser. I seem to respond better to 3x 12m/week versus 20m.

thanks for any input/advice.

hermann
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Treatment Regimen: 2xED Capillogain

Re: LLLT for reviving miniaturized hair?

Post by hermann » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:55 am

Hey xyion!

I have the same status: Many miniturized hairs. On the vertex 5mm long, almost not visible.

My routine: 3x 20 mins per week with 260 laser diodes, each 5mW. Once per week I apply clay.

I did photos at the beginning and after 4 months.

My result: Less hair, also less irritated scalp spots.

I keep on going till end of the year. Then do again a photo. Maybe post it here.

Maybe you do same for yourself!

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:36 am

hermann wrote:My result: Less hair, also less irritated scalp spots.
Hi Hermann.

Do you mean you lost more hair but scalp got better, or that you stopped losing hair and scalp got better too? If you lost more hair, perhaps step down from 20 minutes/session?

I have been toying with getting a USB microscope to formally track everything with pictures, they are about $50 from Amazon. Gotta wait for the $$ first though!

hermann
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Treatment Regimen: 2xED Capillogain

Post by hermann » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:55 am

Xyion1,

sometimes I have aching spots on my scalp which are (more or less) red, aching, leaky, swollen. It is unpleasant.
This is reduced by my LLLT.

But unfortunately I see less hair on my pictures.

dmwill
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: prox-n

pomegranate 50mg 2x
grape seed extract OPC-95 100mg 1x

nizoral 1%
nano

Post by dmwill » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:15 pm

I would think it does in the long run reverse minitiarization buy JDP710 or OMG would probably be the ultimate authority on this.

Dr. Watt
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV A

Post by Dr. Watt » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:03 pm

This was my hope as well. After 9+ months, I have seen no benefit to reversing miniaturization.

Hope you have better luck.

Peac33
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: LLLT

Post by Peac33 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:43 pm

After 5 month with lasers, no benefits ether with the miniaturized hairs.

If you want to try a topical for very cheap, you can order that and try. It's only pure saw palmetto extract, so you have a control over the quantity of chemical you dilute on water and put on your skin, unlike Revivogen who has like 10 pure chemicals in it, you get in a coma each time you use it.

http://www.iherb.com/Herb-Pharm-Saw-Pal ... 14844?at=0

Pure liquid saw palmetto that you can put a few drops on water and put on the scalp. It might work, there is some of that on the Revivogen formula, it contains Beta Sitosterol which is a 5 alpha reductas whatever., like propecia. And Revivogen works very well in fact it's the best hair loss product i have tried, it's sad i get extremely sick if i use it.

Well it cost 7 bucks for the Saw Palmetto. You even can drink the thing for benefit of your prostate lol.

Good luck

Peac33
Occasional Poster

Post by Peac33 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:05 pm

This stuff get's into the scalp i am telling you, witout any polysorbat 80 or whatever transfer chimical. At the rate of 2 drops only in 1.75 ml of water, i am feeling that the thing get inside my scalp. I would not be surprised to get some mild result using this Saw Palmetto like 1 time a week, it might prevent some follicle to die and keep them alive longer but with recessing hair, but at least the follicule is living.

7 bucks.

rawhair
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Helmet 200 diodes 10 min everyotherday

Post by rawhair » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:01 pm

I have tried HAIRMUCK from Zixcreator in the past,it´s a great Saw palmetto based product.I felt my hair far way thicker and strong.
i feel it´s better apply this stuff with rest periods otherwise there is a risk that body could get used to it´s effects as happened to me.

Peac33
Occasional Poster

Post by Peac33 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:27 am

I agree with the rest period between the use of the Minomuck or Saw Palmetto. I am planing to use my very light Saw palmetto formula only twice a week maximum. More then that would cause head pain or itching that's for sure.

But it wort a try. i think. To preserve follicule in artificial life untill a new technology arrive.

Rawhair what did you get for side effects?

rawhair
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Helmet 200 diodes 10 min everyotherday

Post by rawhair » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:38 am

Hey peac33.

I haven´t felt any side effect from hairmuck use never,it´s quite safe.Only , after continously using it everyday it seemed to lost it´s effectiveness.It´s for that why i think it´s better apply everyotherday or taking rest periods.