Budget device

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

ih67
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Budget device

Post by ih67 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:12 am

Ok, I can't afford to buy all the laser diodes to build the full size helmet so I need a compromise.

Can anyone suggest a hand held device that I can move around like a brush or something.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Re: Budget device

Post by Anxious1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:46 am

hey, u interested in this? 70 genuine aixiz diodes, about 4 months old, but used literally 3-4 times, spaced properly apart, on a bke helmet, wired up properly and connected to a universal power suppy, no live wires or anything. $200 + shipping

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:47 am

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:48 am

pic above = power supply

below = top side

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:49 am

if u chuck the helmet, and stick a handle and some structure to the panet, its basically a big laser brush!

ih67
Regular Poster

Post by ih67 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:32 am

Why are you selling ?

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:03 am

basically because i made the device and then chickened out after i got a migraine. i get bad migraines with partial loss of vision, and paralysis, and i thought its probably not a good idea to use anything thats a vaso dilator so close to my brain, as vaso dilation is basically the source of the pain in migraines, although wat causes and triggers it is a mystery.

im not saying 'lasers will cause migraines', because i dont think they do, but in my case, its just the sensible thing to do.
if youve ever experienced one so bad ur blind, numb down one side, throwing up, and cant speak or recall memories, such as remembering ur name, not to mention the excruciating pain that makes me want to drive a drill thru my skull to relieve the pressure, then youll understand.

lasers r just not something i want to be using the rest of my life with this problem. i guess i knew this when i made it, i just wanted a cool project to build, which i did.

ih67
Regular Poster

Post by ih67 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:42 am

Ouch, that sounds terrible. I really hope they will end for you.

If it will work out cheaper than getting the lasers and making it myself I will consider it as I had a transplant a couple of years ago and am more concerned with the crown area for now.

Appreciate you letting me know. Are you in the UK, if not, not sure our voltage will be the same for the device.

Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:57 pm

anxious...

Do you get the vision loss, memory loss.. etc, in general or just when you were using LLLT?

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:07 pm

no, it more just triggered the same kind of migraine i already get regularly, it didnt give me a 'super-migraine ' or anthing.

basically alot of ppl think its the eustachian tubes that connect the nasal passages to the inner ears, where the semi circular canals r for balance, these tubes dilate after u reach a certain trigger threshold which is different for everyone, and then the sequence of migraine starts. but it varied for everyone.

for me in any 24 hr period bad sleep + some citris + some caffiene will do it, citris is my biggest trigger believe it or not.

theres certain chemicals in things that must be causing it, but also vasoconstrictors and vaso dilators do it too, its because when vessels shrink or dilate, that effect wears off and then rebounds the opposite direction, which is additive so if u have 5 lots of vaso constrictors, then eventually vessels will bounce back bigger, then bigger then bigger, until they r bigger than they were in the first place, when this happens i get as migraine.

this isnt my theory, its from david bauclh's 'heal that headache' book, hes a neurologist.

anyhow, just a disclaimer, im not trying to fear monger here. lasers wont have this effect on 99.9999% of people, its just i have a condition where i dont want to risk it.

LaserKid
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by LaserKid » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:45 am

Hey ih67,

I'm in the UK and have just built a 50 diode device for less than £150. I just move it twice to get good coverage for my problem areas, so essentially it's the same as a 100 diode device. I've only just started using it so can't really comment on results yet.

It can be a bit tricky to get hold of all the parts you need in the UK, especially if you are following OMG's guidelines (which I did). In the end I gave up on trying to find thick craft foam for holding the diodes, and went to hobbycraft and bought a few thin sheets and just stuck them together. Once you've got all the bits u need it doesn't actually take that long to make, obviously it depends on the size, but it took me a weekend spending about 8hrs each day on it. It's actually quite enjoyable making it, and v satisfying when u flick the switch and it lights up like a christmas tree.

ih67
Regular Poster

Post by ih67 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am

Anxious, did you get my PM ?

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:45 pm

yeh i did get ur message, truth is i dont know. at the end of the wire for my helmet there is a socket that i took from an appliance, then i simply plug in my aussie, universal voltage, 2500mamp power supply. i put it on 3 volts.

ill start a thread on it, ok?

ih67
Regular Poster

Post by ih67 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:53 am

Shame nobody has answered your question :-(

ih67
Regular Poster

Post by ih67 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:17 am

I don't really want to spend out on something that might work so I don't mind starting with a smaller amount of lasers which I can move around . £150 seems quite a lot for 5o diodes.

ih67
Regular Poster

Post by ih67 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:27 am

Sound of tumbleweed.......... :-"

ih67
Regular Poster

Post by ih67 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:48 pm

More sound of tumbleweed.......... :-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

Frizzymane
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: laser

Post by Frizzymane » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:01 pm

You could do what I've done. I got the idea from OMG's website. I'm sitting here with this on my head as I type.

I originally wanted 70 diodes. So I ordered 70 from Aixiz. I received 69. 2 didn't work. So I have a 67 diode cluster that I move over 3 different zones.

Frizzymane
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: laser

Post by Frizzymane » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:04 pm

Sometimes the images don't post correctly. Sorry

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:54 pm

a 70 diode cluster on a helmet is wat i offered to sell him but he said 1. it was too expensive, and 2. we dont know the power differences for aust vs uk.

for the record 70 diodes from aizix is 210 US dollars + shipping , then theres wire, foam or silicon to put them in, wire nuts, and a power supply, + time to put it together, and a hat or helmet to hold it on ur head.

being in australia, it ended up costing me close to $500 for everything with the exchange rate etc. the exchange rate is now much better.

greeko1987
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III

Post by greeko1987 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:49 pm

Hey anxious,

I am actually from australia and I have been looking for a couple of months to get a laser helmet.

How did that go for you.

greeko1987

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:34 am

basically i only used it 3 times, because although it was fun to make, i realised that a lifetime commitment to vasodilation is not a good idea for a acute migraine sufferer, unless i want to end up in the E.R again with all the symtoms of a stroke. but it works perfectly, and this would not be a problem for 99.99 % of people.

i am sure my device would give the same bell curve of results as the ones made by OMG, that is good results for most, but bad results for a small percentage.

picture is on a previous post above. genuine aixiz diodes (same as on sunetics devices and others) safe wiring, and set up to be moved twice on head equaling 140 diodes. pm me if interested.

greeko1987
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III

Post by greeko1987 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Hey anxious,

I am interested in getting your helmet.

Are you still selling it?

Do you still have it?

Greeko1987