635nm Vs 650nm and Gaunitz Hair Centre

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

LaserKid
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

635nm Vs 650nm and Gaunitz Hair Centre

Post by LaserKid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:13 am

I've been reading into a lot about Gaunitz Laser Clinics recently and they are getting results from lasers which literally blow everything else I've seen out of the water. But they use 635nm lasers. And they also change diode density and time based on hair colour. Their president, Bill Gaunitz, started losing his hair at a young age and now has one of the best heads of hair I've seen. He also has pretty strong credentials in the world of hairloss. I am really tempted to make a device based on their model and try to follow their regime.

Anyone heard anything about 635nm? Are they better than 650nm?

These hairloss centres also have a 100% guarantee that u will get the results they promise. If I had the money I'd be one of their clients tomorrow.

dmwill
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: prox-n

pomegranate 50mg 2x
grape seed extract OPC-95 100mg 1x

nizoral 1%
nano

Re: 635nm Vs 650nm and Gaunitz Hair Centre

Post by dmwill » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:52 pm

They also tailor anti-dht topical and vitamin packages. Maybe most of those are from the combination?

rawhair
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Helmet 200 diodes 10 min everyotherday

Post by rawhair » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:58 am

Hey Laserkid,

Why don´t you try first to imitate the sunetics G clinical laser unit?,
If the question is to put more diodes in order to have a more powerful device, why don´t these devices have 300 or 400 diodes and not the 107 that really have? I´m wondering this question because if it´s true that MORE DIODES=BETTER RESULTS , the would sell their device with 500 diodes or 1000,but if you see the most commercial devices have 100-140 diodes.

Many clinics that uses the SUNETIC´S laser recommend 2 sessions per week for 30 min,others for 20 min with great results too, even SUNETICS in their web 2 sessions for 30 min.I don´t know if 635 nm diodes are better than the 650 nm ones,Will Gaunitz support these diodes with overstimulation theories but I haven´t seen any study about this yet.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:42 am

LaserKid wrote:I've been reading into a lot about Gaunitz Laser Clinics recently and they are getting results from lasers which literally blow everything else I've seen out of the water. But they use 635nm lasers. And they also change diode density and time based on hair colour. Their president, Bill Gaunitz, started losing his hair at a young age and now has one of the best heads of hair I've seen. He also has pretty strong credentials in the world of hairloss. I am really tempted to make a device based on their model and try to follow their regime.

Anyone heard anything about 635nm? Are they better than 650nm?

These hairloss centres also have a 100% guarantee that u will get the results they promise. If I had the money I'd be one of their clients tomorrow.
The Gaunitz photos are very impressive and they do have a whole regimen of their own (do they use the olive oil/lemon treatment pre-laser?).

But it's a little strange that Bill Gaunitz claims the 635nm lasers are superior ... and yet he sells the Spencer Forrest X5 hair laser for home use ... and that's made with 650nm lasers. :-s

TheFunkyStumpfighter
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2%
200 diode laser helmet mon/wed/fri
Clay mon/wed/fri
5 weeks AGHC (finished 2nd week July 09)

Post by TheFunkyStumpfighter » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:57 pm

Wasnt it Gaunitz that used pulsed lasers? Pulsing at certain frequencies gain you more biostimulation, no?

Besides the fact that they do use an assortment of other treatments in their regimens, the pulsing is likely whats gaining those kinds of results. Hopefully, that guy OMG has talked about can come up with a way of making a cheap system that can pulse our helmets the same way.
I currently use Propecia and i have a Laser comb, what do you guys suggest to use as a good daily shampoo? This HairGen is not going to grow hair cmon guys. Is Nioxin the best out there?

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:46 am

TheFunkyStumpfighter wrote:Wasnt it Gaunitz that used pulsed lasers? Pulsing at certain frequencies gain you more biostimulation, no?

Besides the fact that they do use an assortment of other treatments in their regimens, the pulsing is likely whats gaining those kinds of results. Hopefully, that guy OMG has talked about can come up with a way of making a cheap system that can pulse our helmets the same way.
I agree ... and suspect that the frequency modulation of the laser light waves is a missing piece in our puzzle. Doesn't seem like anyone's figured out how we can modulate our DIY devices yet ... although I thought Dr Maricle was looking into it not too long ago. :?

Does anyone know if his Sunetics clinical device uses pulsed or continuous lasers? There's got to be some reason the laser clinics are getting such remarkable results and the DIY devices have been more moderate. I know they cherry-pick the best photos, but has anyone here gotten anything close to that with a DIY laser set up?

Also, don't some of these clinics (not all) include a few infrared lasers in the mix?

rawhair
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Helmet 200 diodes 10 min everyotherday

Post by rawhair » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:40 pm

Joanne,

The sunnetics clinical device uses continous waves not the pulsed ones.
But maybe there is some reason to explain why they use in their device only 107 diodes and not more.It would be very easy if the question is the number of diodes,among others, to get a more powerful unit but they don´t put more.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:03 pm

clinics get better statistics , pictures, IMO becuase they are able to tell people to begin with whether it will work for them and therefore maximise the amount of good results.

whereas with DIY, everyone who is balding gives it a try.

e.g take 100 ppl, 50 have minor loss that can be helped, 50 have major loss that is beyond help

a clinic excepts the 50 that can be helped, and sends the other 50 away, so they might get 90% success or so.

with DIY all 100 ppl try it, and 40-50 get results and dissappear and the others dont, and whnge about it on the forums, making the success rate appear like its close to 0%, but we all know this isnt true.

just like sides with finasteride, out of millions that use it 1000 users get persistant sides, and complain on a forum (i.e. propeciahelp.com) the other millions dissapear, so to the average internet user, they think 90-100% of ppl get sides, when its really only a few %.

If everyone bought their helmet thru omg, and sent him pics first, and he told the ppl who it will work for, and who it wont, the % success rate would be much higher, and then theres the varibles with DIY such as insufficient power to diodes, not enough coverage etc.

I just made up these figures, so dont quote me, but hopefully u get wat i mean. just my opinion though.

Dr. Watt
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV A

Post by Dr. Watt » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:09 am

Anxious1 wrote: If everyone bought their helmet thru omg, and sent him pics first, and he told the ppl who it will work for, and who it wont, the % success rate would be much higher, and then theres the varibles with DIY such as insufficient power to diodes, not enough coverage etc.

I just made up these figures, so dont quote me, but hopefully u get wat i mean. just my opinion though.
I think most folks have at a minumum the following expectations of an LLLT device:
* You should be able to stop further loss
* MPB goes through a miniaturization process; that is stopped
* Those hairs that have been miniaturized start growing like normal terminal hair
* The thickness of the hairs affected by MPB returns to that of normal terminal hair

I know personally if this happenned I would be absolutely thrilled. I have not event listed new growth which I would also like, but have not placed it in my expectations.

So I think if folks don't meet that list you will see complaints. If we can't meet that list with LLLT on the majority of users, then it is seems to be an excellent place to focus forum discussion on why not.