expression of intrest. (500 diode messiah2)

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood III
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

expression of intrest. (500 diode messiah2)

Post by cuebreeze » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:57 pm

I used it for about 10months and am planning on using some other things to combat my hairloss. I got good results as far as hair quality and reduced shedding when using it but in the world of hairloss im looking for more and more. I still use it today and may not sell it as i mite still use it with my wounding experiments but im just checking for any general intrest.

Overmacho made the helmet and i wired it. Im a qualified electrician so you can be assured it has correct voltage etc.

It covers basically the whole norwood 6 shape except for the sides but i made an additional device for sides/sideburns which i could throw in.

The 500diode helmet is made from 2 seperate power supplies (meanwells) with adjustable voltage control.

I havent checked the diodes in a while so i can only assume they are all still going.

Cant really remember how much it all cost but it wasnt cheap for the number of diodes i used.

That being said i understand the nature of selling used products (expecially when it is home made) so i guarntee i would sell it at a good deal.

Anyway just throwing it out there to see if i get some bites. Let me kno

Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Re: expression of intrest. (500 diode messiah2)

Post by 1..... » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:49 pm

whats the reason cuebreeze? are you giving up the hairloss battle? and if not, what are your plans to fight hairloss in a better way?

dr185
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: 370 diode laser helmet, spectral DNC, GFSE topically

Post by dr185 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:14 am

Wow.....I remember you being a strong supporter of lasers back on Regrowth.........the penny has eventually dropped then?

It always surprised me the way any lasers cynic was attacked on that site.......and I'm pretty sure you were involved in a number of those threads.

So are you finally admitting that lasers are %&$!?

Out of interest have you ever tried focusing your diodes......with 500 that could be quite a heavy extra load on your nonse.........however I certainly felt that my focused handheld gave better results than my helmet.

I suppose what I'm saying is that....maybe lasers aren't complete BS......some mild benefits may be obtained......and I think focused diodes used for less time would be better. And 500 diodes could be over stimulating?? Sometimes less is more.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:22 am

i cant believe some ppl still think lasers r like a total scam or something. noone ever said it was a silver bullet sure. they can deliver moderate results or at the very least cessation of hairloss.

do u really think they would have made it all this time in clinics if they didnt do anything? clinics in every country? i'd like to see any of the internet 'treatments' make it as a stand alone treatment in a clinic for 15 yrs!

people just expect way too much. lasers finasteride or minoxidil are all fda approved, but all leave alot to be desired, and dont really keep anyone 100% happy, but the problem is people that dont get the results they expect, and they usually go into it thinking all their hair will grow back, and so they deem it a complete failure, like its either no results or 100% results.

lasers work too a certain extent, but its no silver bullet cure, and the sooner ppl stop thinking that, the better we will all be.

just cos some of us r deciding not to commit to a lifetime of wearing a laser helmet 3 times a week doesnt mean we dont think it does anything, or its a scam, it just means we are trying other things, and are willing to accept our hairloss, and try and deal with it. Its our right, and dont use it as a excuse to start running around crying 'scam'.

jksl
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Post by jksl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:22 am

dr185 wrote:however I certainly felt that my focused handheld gave better results than my helmet.
Interesting you say that... i remember helpmegrow said the same thing on regrowth last year - focused gave results. Although he didn't mention whether unfocused gave results either.

amsch
Occasional Poster

Post by amsch » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:44 am

Nothing but expected.

jksl
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Post by jksl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:48 am

amsch wrote:Nothing but expected.
That makes no sense.

Joely
Occasional Poster

Post by Joely » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:04 pm

If its been positive for your hair, i would keep it alongside other things you are trying. A multi pronged attack on hair loss is always going to give you a better chance.

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster

Post by cuebreeze » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:07 pm

i beleive in lasers 100%. The evidence is there. The problem is that using lasers alone isnt gonna get rid of the fibrotic tissue/calcium deposits etc that are also going on under the scalp.

My plan is to get the skin back to its non mpb state and thats when i beleive lasers will be more beneficial. The studys are there that proves that they work.

You cant expect one thing alone to fix your hairloss tho. And thats what alot of people seem to expect with lasers.

After reading up alot of threads at immortal hair i feel i am alot more knowledgable in this battle so no im not giving up but i have a better understanding of whats going on inside the body.

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:35 pm

whats ur new regime cuebreeze??

cuebreeze
Prolific Poster

Post by cuebreeze » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:37 pm

basically the ih top6 plus a few other supps. Lasering as per usual alltho cut down to 12min 3 times a week. And am trying out some new topicals soon. Nothing worth menchoning yet except my health after qutting fin.

I was on it for 4 years and had bad sexual sides. Ive been off fin for about 3months and on the ihtop6 for 2-3 weeks.

I had no improvement till the top 6. Im nowhere near perfect but im getting random erections maybe once every few days (i had literally none for aloong time).

And my mind is alot clearer. Plus just feeling alot better all around energy wise etc.

Sorry for little detail, i use IH for most my research now

tonyj
Regular Poster

Post by tonyj » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 am

Nevermind- i see your uptodate on that thread.

cuebreeze

Your should talk to hapyman about the fibrosis and calcium deposits on the skull. At immortalhair they are trying out a topical solution using the papian enzyme from papaya to reduce the fibrosis and in one case remove a calcium deposit.

dr185
Occasional Poster

Post by dr185 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:06 am

But cue....it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to sell something you spent time and money on if you believe in it so much?

Anxious.....did anyone in this thread say they thought lasers were a SCAM!? No. And I always had a realistic attitude towards this treatment.....never felt it was going to bring back years of loss. Just general thickening would have been fine for me....I still have quite a bit left...........but it hasn't even done that!?

The benefits of lllt are moderate for a scarce few....minimal for a few more.....and non existent for the vast majority.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:16 am

the penny has eventually dropped then?

It always surprised me the way any lasers cynic was attacked on that site.......and I'm pretty sure you were involved in a number of those threads.

So are you finally admitting that lasers are %&$!?
u didnt use the word scam, but u certainly eluded to it.

but i dont use lasers anyway, they triggered a migraine, so i decided not to go ahead with it, because its not feasible long term for me. but even i as a non-user can see the main problem is people expecting too much from it, when simply keeping ur hair u have is a milestone in itself, but isnt going to be acknowledged until yrs down the track, when u realise u have kept wat u had, and probably still wont be acknowledged because u cant go back in time and see wat u would have looked like had u not used it.

tonyj
Regular Poster

Post by tonyj » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:56 am

dr185
"The benefits of lllt are moderate for a scarce few....minimal for a few more.....and non existent for the vast majority."
Do you have any studies that would suggest this?

Jedder
Occasional Poster

Post by Jedder » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:14 am

Cuebreeze - If i were you, i would reduce down to a 200 diode helmet, stick with the I H regime and use an anti dht topical such as Zix.

dr185
Occasional Poster

Post by dr185 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:23 am

anxious......I am a cynical user of lasers....always have been....but I never felt it was a scam.....I cetainly didn't feel that anyone involved in this movement was trying to deceive.

Perhaps some people had unrealistic hopes.....but there were/are plenty of us with very realistic hopes who still haven't seen them come to fruition. Probably best to have tried lasers before commenting in a thread regarding their use ;)

tonyj.........do you know of any studies that prove otherwise? Results from clinics and even the positive testimonials on certain forums only represent a small % of LLLT users.....if it really offered such great benefits to the majority....this business would be booming exponentially (as I think some had hoped for)....but it hasn't.

The upbeat vibe that was generated on Regrowth regarding lasers ended long before OMG moved away. It was a nice era to start following threads there. I certainly felt I had something new to give me hope. But the hope has definately gone.

tonyj
Regular Poster

Post by tonyj » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:46 am

dr185
tonyj.........do you know of any studies that prove otherwise? Results...
Nobody is insulting your agenda. Its clear you followed the laser therapy posting from regrowth to hairloss fight for whatever reason. And your personal vendetta in this matter really has nothing to do with people who are learning and researching laser therapy, people who really want answers. We don't want some childish bickering "I told you so" repeated in every thread, we want answers which you are not giving us. If you have a beef with OMG, take it to him, don't take it out on us.

dr185
Occasional Poster

Post by dr185 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:22 am

tonyj.........thankfully I have NO personal beef with anyone on this (or any other) site....and there is certainly no vendetta. If you read all of my posts you'll see that i mostly take a very balanced view of things. It's only after more than 8 months of lasering that i have realised that lllt isn't what I hoped it would be. And many others are begining to concure with this.

And if you really are trying to learn and research....you need to hear both sides of the story and not bury your head when you read something negative re lasers.

This is not childish bickering.....I think you're not picking up on the genuine tone of my posts. If you read them all you will see that I have actually tried to advise on how lllt may be better put to use (eg...I feel 500 diodes is serious overkill). Although I admit I find it quite amusing that such an advocate of lasers wants to sell up!

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:52 am

8 months still isnt long enough. some propecia users dont see anything until 12 months. im sure others will agree that no results at 8 months, doesnt mean much.

dr185
Occasional Poster

Post by dr185 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:16 am

Look at some clinic photos....people who show results do so normally within 6 months.....at least some thickening would be expected.....but not for me.

Now that I calculate it....it's prob more like 10 months.....3 months with a 60 diode handheld and 7 months with a 370 diode helmet. Some may argue that the handheld period may not count.....but it was/is a good piece of kit.....and I definately had more (intitial) results from that (just some overall thickening)....when I began using the helmet the thickening subsided......the only difference (apart from size) was the fact that the handheld had focused diodes. I aslo didn't use it for long periods.....certainly less than 10mins per zone....and 5 zones per session.

I love the ease of the helmet.....however I think I may attach an adapter to my handheld again and sell the helmet....just like cue!