Boy am i glad i found this place!

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

tootall
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: an OMG 228

Boy am i glad i found this place!

Post by tootall » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:58 pm

I purchased my helmet from OMG over the summer and was trying to post updates on Regrowth but kept havin an error and nobody over there would respond to my emails.

Anyway... I considered the OMG Laser Helmet pretty much to be a last ditch effort to save my pathetic hair and Im more than excited to report that Im confident that it is WORKING. My loss in the impossible to regrow temple area seems to be reversing. My left side has tons of vellus hair and and it looks like a couple of terminal hairs. My right(which has always been worse) has a ton of vellus hairs too. The results probably wont look drastic in my pics and I havent gotten any comments from my friends about my hair growing back YET, but I have sooo many vellus hairs that I feel results are here and only going to get better.

I started off at 3x per week at twenty mins but scaled it back to 2x 15mins bc i was scared of over stimulation. I dont have a good camera but I will try and post some good pics soon to show what progress I have.

Im still only 26 and feel Lasers may give me back my youth that MPB has robbed me of. -Thanks OMG, forever in your debt.

LaserKid
Regular Poster

Re: Boy am i glad i found this place!

Post by LaserKid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:15 am

Hey man! Great to hear u are seeing results. Can I ask why u ended up dropping your treatment times? U said it was to prevent overstimulation but you were getting results on 20mins 3x so why change? Also did u notice any change in results when u dropped the treatment time? The reason I ask is because I'm just about to start my treatment and would like to get some advice on treatment times from people who have been there.

I feel the same about finding this place, from the testimonials, laser therapy seems to be far superior to any other hairloss treatment out there. I just hope I witness it's power first hand.

tootall
Occasional Poster

Post by tootall » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:02 pm

nov09.jpg
nov09.jpg (6.09 KiB) Viewed 10401 times
0623090925.jpg
0623090925.jpg (45.7 KiB) Viewed 10403 times
Laserkid- I was worried that I might be overstimulating. It honestly felt a little bit like a sunburn. I think Im gettin much better results now that Im at 2x per week at about fifteen minutes.

The light colored hairs in my temples are what Im keepin a constant eye on. Im hoping all of these hairs go terminal.

My pic from when I started is from my old phone and the new pic is from my new phone, which is much better quality. Ill continue to post with the new phone and the same lighting conditions.

NeverQuit
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by NeverQuit » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:31 pm

Tootall,
Nice job! Looks like it's working.

1- Are you taking any topicals or internals?
2- How many months have you been using your helmet?

Thanks, NQ

Dr. Watt
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV A

Post by Dr. Watt » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:22 pm

tootall wrote:
I started off at 3x per week at twenty mins but scaled it back to 2x 15mins bc i was scared of over stimulation. I dont have a good camera but I will try and post some good pics soon to show what progress I have.

Im still only 26 and feel Lasers may give me back my youth that MPB has robbed me of. -Thanks OMG, forever in your debt.
Great news! Congrats. Couple of questions. How long have you been using your system and how long before you noticed your positive results? I think scaling back is a very smart idea. I am not saying you will experience the shedding issue. But, in the cases I have heard reported almost always there was progress followed by a large shed in months 4 - 6. I think moving slowly on your times is a worthwhile chance to take in avoiding that.

Keep us posted.

tootall
Occasional Poster

Post by tootall » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:00 pm

Ive been using Dr Lees 12.5% minox for a few years, putting just about one drop on each temple. I tried to drop it after starting lasers but got what i think might have been a little shed. Im down to probably just 4-5 times a week w the minox. Took propecia years ago, but the sides were too much for me to handle. No internals right now, but i will probably start taking fish oil again. Any advice on what to ad??? Looking only for stuff without sides.

Started laserin right about July 1st. I will try to do monthly updates.

Socceroo
Occasional Poster

Post by Socceroo » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:39 pm

They look like promising results. I'm hoping lasering will have the same impact on my hair. I would say I have similar level of loss to you (before photo) and I'm 24.

My initial treatment with lasers were way off. I was doing like 40mins of treatment time for 3 months, sometimes every day. I have been back on for 1.5months doing 15-18 mins per session. No noticeable results as yet but I'm going to be more patient this time.

How long before you saw results. I'm hoping I will see something in another month or two considering the bulk of my hairloss has occurred in the past 2 years.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:10 am

Hey, Tootall! I'm glad you found this place!
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

tootall
Occasional Poster

Post by tootall » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:10 am

I started seeing little vellus hairs in my temples within 2 months at the most, prob a month. Now. it seems like every week these hairs are getting longer and thicker. Only a few have gone terminal, but im hoping its just a mateer of time.

tootall
Occasional Poster

Post by tootall » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:31 am

thought i should post an update bc its been a while. Im at about 7.5 months w not much to report. Im not sure if ive gone through a shed or am still loosing hair. It almost seems like the recession has gotten worse, but I still have a ton of vellus hairs in the temples.
Attachments
mail.google.com.jpg
mail.google.com.jpg (4.38 KiB) Viewed 9336 times
mail.google.com.jpg
mail.google.com.jpg (4.58 KiB) Viewed 9321 times
mail.google.com.jpg
mail.google.com.jpg (4.17 KiB) Viewed 9325 times