The Results of my 138 Diodes DIY P-Helmet

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

Peac33
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: LLLT

The Results of my 138 Diodes DIY P-Helmet

Post by Peac33 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:46 pm

My presentation:
http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... f=8&t=1566

Here i have post for tonight the pictures of jully 2009 to october 14 2009.

Stopped Propecia and whatever chimical in jully, strarted LLLT since august, I am at almost 3 month of phototherapy now, go see the results there: It's positive in regard of the situation,

I stopped the most powerful medecine, and actualy, am not getting worst.

http://pages.xxx (Removed temporarely)

Ill do a better webpage and all of this, i made this one very quickly.

Peac33

Here pictures of my LLLT device, it's suspended to the celing, very simple and quick to use, but took time to build

As you can see, on the top there is a computer fan 16 CFM blowing out the hot air from the inside of the device, these diodes produce heat the have to be cooled like any electronic device.
Last edited by Peac33 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

insuredbyglock
Occasional Poster

Re: The Results of my 138 Diodes DIY P-Helmet

Post by insuredbyglock » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:23 pm

That's a very interesting design - definitely unique! Reminds me of the old full head hair dryers that used to be in salons...

Peac33
Occasional Poster

Post by Peac33 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:29 am

Tx for your good comment insuredbyglock, it indeed looks very much like a hair dryer i must admit! That was kind of an inspiration to me lol. It's all made of fiberglass and car putty. Basicly this design is a near perfect 1.5 inces offset of my head (on the inside) because i made it with a mortar mold of my head.

I still have to put a coat of painting on the outside cover, but anyways the important thing is to recieve the energy on the scalp.

(;

Peac3

LaserKid
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by LaserKid » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:18 am

Hey man! Great looking design, very professional looking. I've got a few questions. From the pictures you have posted, the lasers on the inside of the helmet look unevenly spaced, maybe it's just the photos but how do you ensure you are getting even exposure?

Also, how would you describe the results you see? Any thickening or regrowth? The Pics are great, but unless the change is drastic the results are very difficult to see on photos.

You still have a good amount of hair and I don't really see that much thinning on the crown, I think everyone has that bald area where their hair is parted. If you could get those few miniturised hairs along the hairline to thicken I would say you are sorted.

Good luck

peterz
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Treatment Regimen: Started 9/2/09 Laser Messiah 441 diode,IH complete 100 % regimen,cut hair to 1/4 inch high,20 minutes,3 times per week.Hair damp.........OMG knows the way.After shower,before lasering, I rinse with distilled water.

Post by peterz » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:48 am

Excellent post.
A1 helmet.
The reason you need a fan is, your helmet is capturing the heat.
OMG type has small cracks etc for heat escape.

Peac33
Occasional Poster

Post by Peac33 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:11 pm

I am glad the design has some interest to you, tanks for your cheers too. it was a lot of work doing this helmet, 180 hours. But any helmet takes long time to build too. A1 is i good grade tank you Peterz. (;

My fan idea is maybe not the greatest thing at all because i am using my helmet with clean hairs, so with humidity. This humidity might oxydize the chipsboard on each diodes after a certain time. We will see.

LaserKid
For the question you asked me, i am glad to tell you what was my idea.I simply looked at the Sunetics G model on some presentation in lasvegas i think. They were using it at over 1 inch so i decided to fallow that. If you look and analyse the Sunetics model G with 107 diodes, while supposing their diodes have the same diffusion then ours, it's almost impossible to diffuse an entire head equaly at 1 inch the helmet has to be higher. At 1 inch you need 300 and more diodes to cover all.

Well i decided my crown is having heavy duty thick hair, so i am not shooting it at all.

At 1.5 inches i have made some calculation using the OMG light diffusion technical sheet (Tx very much for that OMG, it's the VERY best document i found to do my helmet) .I ordered 5 diodes to make some tests before i baught the entire batch too.

So this is how i arranged the diodes, placed them almost equaly on the frame with hot glue.

That's how i did place the diodes with a little overlap and with the maximum diffusion at 1.5 inches high. Si it's 100% covered, and it gives more then enough pain and soreness.

Thickening, regrow
Well for now after 3 month, i have a lot of little hairs that grow.
My hair are kind of solid, when i am looking at me in the mirror, actualy i think my hair look good, so has i dont feel i am getting worst with the interruption of propecia for 3 month, i guess the lasers do more then regrow, they maintain what is in place.
I feel the hairs i louse are being replaced.

I will post some evolution pictures later on, we will see the evolution.

Peac3

Peac33
Occasional Poster

Post by Peac33 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:22 pm

I will try to add some high quality full size macro pictures of my scalp this week, if i find a good enough camera, some sun and webspace to keep 3 megs pictures!

It's going to be interesting, we might be able to see the little hairs and demonstrate that it's not my imagination.

Peac33

Peac33
Occasional Poster

Post by Peac33 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:11 pm

Well at 5 month of utilization of the Lasers i have surrender on that fight against hair loss. After using my device for 2 days a week 20 minutes each times i have develop a strong acouhene on my left ear.

Each times i am doing a laser session, the variable sound i got on my ear gets like 5 times worst, worst then the sound you ear after a loud music show, and, it's not going away the rest of the time. It is very annoying, in fact it's torture, unthinkable. I took good care to protect my ears for any lasers to get inside, i think it's the muscle stress doing that.

But i will still check my ear for any wax, there maybe is too much wax on this ear. I am going to make a cheke with my Doctor tomorrow, ill ask him to check my ear to see if there is any physical problem, If there is, i might use the lasers again to make some tests.

So for now i surrender, i have shaved my hair to #1 and i am doing good, i did not lost any confidence so it's a good news.

So to be continue.

rawhair
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Helmet 200 diodes 10 min everyotherday

Post by rawhair » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:36 pm

Hey Peac33,

How far from your scalp do you put your device?maybe is better for you an open-paneled hood design as the sunetics one.From the sunetics site recommend atleast a 1.57 inch distance moreless.I´m trying to imitate the sunetics model I´ll post my progress.

Have you seen the last months an improvement in you hair quality?

I wish you could resolve all this problems.Thank you

Peac33
Occasional Poster

Post by Peac33 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:15 pm

Hello,

In fact i have not seen any improvements yet because there was a huge amount of small hairs that needed much more time then 5 month to grow, and with those small hairs, i was seeing my scalp more then when i was on propecia. So the new hairs stayed small and i shaved my head. Good results might have happen after 6 months and more. That's for the back of the head, for the temples it,s another story. I saw better results with Revivogen after 2.5 months or the first 3 month of propecia and rogaine foam together, the result was terrific. Lasers did nothing to thin recessing hairs to the temples.

It's hard to say because we all don't know at what rate we louse our hairs and i had to stop the treatments because of the pain on my head and the buzzing on my ears. So for me the lasers have failed because i can't use them anymore.

That's just my story, i am not saying that lasers don't work !