someones finally ripped off the helmet idea, with 5 mw diodes i mean

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

someones finally ripped off the helmet idea, with 5 mw diodes i mean

Post by Anxious1 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:27 am

104 x 5mw 650 nm diodes in a helmet for $300

http://www.getwireddirect.com/order_helmet.html

James
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: someones finally ripped off the helmet idea, with 5 mw diodes i mean

Post by James » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:56 am

Looks pretty lame. 8)

sosko
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by sosko » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:45 am

although i have 415 OMG helmet,
design wise, this helmet looks appealing, all wires hidden and solid sturdy helmet, wounder how it would look with 400 diodes though.

James
Seasoned Poster

Post by James » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Those are focused diodes which will be hitting the same part of the scalp for the entire treatment. When clinics have focused diodes the person is not sitting perfectly still and because of that the focused beam hits more than just one exact stop which expands that area that is being treated. This is a major issue with that helmet.

If you wanted to use a helmet like this with unfocused diodes you would not be able to standardize how far the diodes are away from the scalp which is of the utmost importance. The bristle in OMG's helmets allow for consistency in this distance over the entire scalp which all of its bumps and dents and whatever curves your scalp has. This other helmet has a mold that may or may not fit the contours of your scalp and you would not be sure as to how far the diodes are away from the scalp.

I sound like an OMG cheerleader I know lol. But I bet you that OMG considered something like this and then realized that it had too many flaws.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:27 pm

What James said, and THIS:

No competition!!! Apples and Oranges on the coverage, and that's the most important part of everything that matters.

-John (O.M.G.)
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:03 pm

hey, couldn't agree more, just bringing it to the forums attention!

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:52 am

By the way, to expand on what James said... the focused, pin-point diodes in a helmet like that would actually be a big problem. I can't remember the exact calculations anymore, but if you go over something like two or three minutes with the gray helmet, you are going to get overexposure, and I don't think ANYONE who bought that helmet would only use it for 3 minutes. If someone used that helmet for 20 minutes, good lord... there are a bunch of areas that are getting into the bioinhibitory range!

When we "diffuse" our diodes, yeah... we are doing it for coverage, but we are also doing it so we can use it for a longer period of time. You just don't get as good of results with a shorter time period.

Everything that I've ever looked at pretty much tells me that a 1 or 2mW diffused diode used for 45minutes to 1 hour, 20 minutes (depending on the strength) would acually be BETTER. I obviously don't know if that's true or not because NO ONE has ever done it! It'd be a pain in the rear to do it for an hour and 20 minutes, but there is a time element to all of this.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...