Laser RESULTS from OMG style 300+ diode helmet

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

hairisgood
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: 300+ diode laser helmet 3x per week for 20 minutes

Laser RESULTS from OMG style 300+ diode helmet

Post by hairisgood » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:28 am

Hey guys i have some results to post. With the recent helmet scare it's really a maricle that i have any hair left at all. i mean blasting my hair with all those diodes should surely cause a massive shed and leave me with only 50 percent of the density i used to have. well as you can see that's not the case and was only a scare tactic to create doubt in peoples mind and steer them away from purchasing an OMG helmet. it hasn't worked and won't work. oh yea, it's been almost 6 months i think. i skipped an entire week and some sessions here and there but lately ive been pretty consistent as far as 3 times a week at 20 minutes. my hair feels different too. when i wash it i can't feel any bare scalp in my crown. my scalp hasn't felt this good in a long time. i don't think about it at all anymore, in fact if i ever get any kind of itch it's in a spot that isn't a MPB area.
hairisgood

before
hair start.jpg
hair start.jpg (49.69 KiB) Viewed 25128 times
after
hair new.jpg
hair new.jpg (56.36 KiB) Viewed 25109 times

James
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: Laser RESULTS from OMG style 300+ diode helmet

Post by James » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:40 am

Hell Yeah man! Looking good! \:D/

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:10 am

Now, if only the people that I here from every week by email would also post, that'd be AWESOME! lol...

Thanks a lot for that, man! ...And that's great that you are having COMMON, TYPICAL, AVERAGE results with this - and "common, typical, average" with these laser helmets is pretty spectacular!

It's so amazing how literally only a few people can succeed in causing a panic, isn't it? I was getting emails from people that were having GREAT RESULTS, but were wondering if they should change something because they were afraid of this HORRENDOUS SHEDDING MASS HYSTERIA that was happening at HairLossFight! lol... That why I decided I'd better come off of my hiatus and start posting again.

It's too bad that more laser helmet users don't post here, but the fact is THEY DON'T. This forum is practically empty with them. Yeah, there were tons of us at Regrowth, but after the upheaval over the summer... most of the laser helmet users just did not embrace this place -for whatever reason. That can easily be shown by looking at the names on the positive laser testimonials (they aren't here), and by the fact that I do sell quite a bit of these (way more than most of you would think) -but yet none of them post here. ...Or have any desire to, by the way. I've always maintained that most people that use these don't even know or care about the forums. They find my site after months of research, and most of them are VERY INTERESTING PEOPLE. We are actually at a loss that a lot of these guys aren't contributors.

Anyway, thanks for sharing that!!! Oh, and thanks for having the guts to show pictures! Kudos! I don't know how you can walk with balls that big!

-O.M.G.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

amsch
Occasional Poster

Post by amsch » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:52 am

hairisgood, that really looks like a good result.

Do you have a pic with the same angle as the before? Is it the same place too?

hairisgood
Regular Poster

Post by hairisgood » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:35 am

It is taken with the same lighting. It's a bathroom without a window that would otherwise be dark if the light wasn't on so it is the same lighting. I see what you mean about the angle so I took a few more photos and picked the one with the closest to the same angle and distance. In every photo you can see the results and i can feel the results with my freaking hand! i don't need a photo for that.

before
hair start.jpg
hair start.jpg (49.69 KiB) Viewed 25018 times
after
6 months.jpg
6 months.jpg (43.26 KiB) Viewed 25020 times

hairisgood
Regular Poster

Post by hairisgood » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:46 am

Can you guys see that my scalp is much less irritated? my scalp looks horrible in the before picture. my scalp isn't 100 percent yet either. it still looks a little healthier in the non thinning areas but it is much better than it used to be and it doesn't itch. it's just not quite the same color as the healthy scalp. also i feel like it's a little looser and not as thin as before, more like a non MPB type scalp but that is subjective. and one more thing. if you are going to tell people on this forum about your results, lets see pictures. People who choose to spend all this time posting but lack pictures (Jacob) aren't credible in my opinion and therefore whatever they say should be taken with a grain of salt. guys like jdp, nidhogge, omg, and others that have posted pics have much more credibility in my mind.

amsch
Occasional Poster

Post by amsch » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:16 am

Thanks for those pics! Looking good!

So you're on lasers only? No supplements, dht-blockers or topicals?

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:22 am

Yeah, the second picture clearly looks less red and irritated, the first one the classic mpb redness if you ask me. Congrats friend !

Hairy Dawgs
Occasional Poster

Post by Hairy Dawgs » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:31 am

Good results Hairisgood! That picture was taken at 4 months, yes? I think that's when it was first posted on the LLLT testimonial page: http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums ... =1&t=24421 What has happened since you posted the picture on 7/19/09? More? Less? The same? Could you take a picture and give as 6 month update?

hairisgood
Regular Poster

Post by hairisgood » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:09 am

hairydawgs,

good for you to point that out. the picture in this thread is new, not the same picture at all. i wasn't even sure how long i had been lasering so i guess its about 6.5 months not 6. If you look at those pictures at regrowth i have a little bit more regrowth now. It's a testament that if you stick with it every month you will see slight improvement and over time the cumulative effect will be good.
Last edited by hairisgood on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jksl
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Post by jksl » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:23 pm

There is clear improvement. And i am jealous of your hairline. Have you gone through any sheds at all? And, if so, how long did it last?

hairisgood
Regular Poster

Post by hairisgood » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:09 pm

As far as sheds I think I had a couple..nothing major but I don't really worry about it. I never shed like I used to where I woke up with hairs on my pillow but sometimes more hairs would come out in my hand when washing my hair. Lately I've noticed the hair I shed is usually thinner and also doesn't have as much white stuff(sebum?) on the end of it. I think that is a "good" shed. Who knows.

Hairy Dawgs
Occasional Poster

Post by Hairy Dawgs » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:30 pm

You know, I looked back, at the pictures, after I made that statement and did notice they were different pictures. I did see continued improvement for you! That's great! I thought about backtracking but figured, what the hell, I may as well see what he says...

Thanks for posting the results!

amsch
Occasional Poster

Post by amsch » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:24 pm

hairisgood, could you answer my question too? :)

hairisgood
Regular Poster

Post by hairisgood » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:21 pm

I didn't answer it because you asked me that before on regrowth a couple months ago and I already answered it. I just take some supplements from Immortal Hairs regimen but haven't really been that consistent in taking them. I took them before I started lasers and I think it slowed down my hairloss and alleviated some inflammation but I doubt it really makes much of a difference as far as the results I have gotten. They help with overall health though. If you sleep well/have less stress/feel good you probably have a better chance of success.

Can anyone else post results? I can understand if you do not frequent the forums but the people who are here all the time should really post results (good or bad) and whatever regimen they are using. That way we start seeing trends etc. What is the big deal here? No one is going to find the pictures of you...there are only like 3 people that frequent this website anyway.

Awaiting Regrowth
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by Awaiting Regrowth » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:28 am

GREAT RESULTS.......far detached from my reality. My shedding just continues :(

Lakers
Occasional Poster

Post by Lakers » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:42 pm

awaiting regrowth what kind of device are you using for how long and what is your condition of hair?

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:57 am

Awaiting Regrowth...

Man, could you seriously not turn practically every thread into your "shedding drama"?! You've monopolized ENOUGH of this, and when I was gone, several of you made it seem like no one had ever gotten laser results ever. That "***LASERS***" post of yours was over the top and the last straw, and why you aren't banned for insulting so many of us like that is beyond me. You should have been kicked out on your ASS.

Your inflammatory language has just pushed it over the threshold for what is tolerable.

I've said it before... if you are shedding relentlessly for months, you've got bigger issues than anything caused by a laser helmet that has less than 1/2 the power of many of the big clinic devices. You should drop EVERYTHING.

Three months ago, a lot of us sent emails back and forth about you when you were attacking us for no reason, and we said "I guarantee you that this awaiting regrowth guy never gets results". Hmmmmmm.... I think we are going to be right. We can tell by how you post, and frankly you sound illegitimate as hell with your unprovoked attacks on us. This is the picture YOU'VE PAINTED -not some conspiracy cooked up by "LLLT bullies".

Everyone...

FYI... this may be appropriate to some of you that are legit: the root cause of mass shedding (telogen effluvium) is very often emotional stress/problems. A double whammy is that anti-depressants are a cause telogen effluvium as well. So, if someone is a "panic poster"-excessive drama and personal attacks for no reason- I'm free to judge that person as probably being in that catagory. You aren't doing yourself any favors.... treat your brain, THEN treat your hair.

Plus, massive shedding is often triggered by ONE EVENT that happened months before the shedding started. For example, if you were kicked out of college for cheating in spring semester or had your girlfriend dump you in June and were distraught enough that you actually FELT IT, I doubt you'd freely list that information to us as a potential cause, and you'd be going through that shed NOW. ...And it lasts for months. Shedding isn't an instant thing. You can tinker with your helmet and other treatments all you want, but that hair is going to still come out and there isn't anything you can do about it if you've already hit that point.

It ends, though. Period. If you had a big shock to your system, you have to wait for it to end. After reading up on it and becoming more educated on the subject, I'm coming to the conclusion that a lot of the shedding I had due to MINOXIDIL FOAM in 2006/2007 was because of the fact that I was going through a divorce, job problems due to my industry crashing, and hence money issues. I could literally FEEL the stress of all of this all through my body -and when you hit that point, that's when this can happen.

That's pretty big for me to admit, and it's a profound change to the way I was thinking. Yeah, I know minox foam gave me a lot of problems, but I think that the massive, relentless shedding was because of ME, not because of it, and the foam simply exacerbated what was already occuring. ...But most importantly, I would have argued with you to the death that it wasn't anything but the foam because of the timing and because I could feel it's effects in my body (face bloat, racy heart, etc.).

Lakers...

He "uses" a 300 diode helmet made by me -and I put "uses" in quotes because I'm suspicious of his motives because of the abstract, BIZARRE way he posts (unprovoked name-calling, conspiracies, etc). It seems like he HATES us or something, and I find it strange that someone so combative against other LLLT users would still be using a laser helmet. Those are my opinions that I am free to form after all of this -I'm well within my rights here based on the past.

Sorry you are having problems, and I'm sorry that about two or three people have drama queened it up enough laced with personal insults and attacks that none of us people that are in a position to provide insite actually give a damn to help this issue anymore -and I know you WANT help. Seriously, I hear "shedding" and I thing "FFS, people.", and I'm not alone. Sorry... we are just a bit jaded here.

I do understand that you've been asking people for help, too, and I'm sorry if I've gotten it wrong... but after several months you still haven't added clay or magnesium, and I'm not sure if you've ensured showering before each session either. These are all things that we've established as CRUCIAL for some people -and you may be seriously wasting your time if you don't do each one of them.

I know you had the same experience that I had with Rogaine Foam, and I underlined that for you. What I said frankly makes sense after I educated myself. All I can do is remind you that there are no reported cases of lasers causing an endless shed that we've ever seen, including Maricle, and my device isn't exceptionally unique. The shedding WILL end no matter what the causes are, and what replaces it will be better if you follow the protocols.

That's all I've got. What I personally recommend for you, by the way, is to drop the helmet for two months and pick it back up on December 12th. That way, your shedding period will more than likely end, and you'll do yourself an amazing psychological benefit by doing this -that could very well translate into physiological benefits. You won't be causing yourself much harm, either, except for being a couple of months behind. This is really a win/win situation.
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Awaiting Regrowth
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by Awaiting Regrowth » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi OMG.

I do believe that in many instances you have stated you are incorrect. And 1 and only 1 for the record was I called JDP a prick because he was making the MOST ridiculous accusations that he sounded like a 12 year old.

Anyhow I forgive you errors.

I am still using my helmet and as soon as I see an upturn in my fortunes you will be the first to know and I will hold my hands up. I for 1 really hope this happens, if it does I will make you tube videos THE LOT apologising. Makes me smile to think I might have to, but in reality...... as I said on a post that was deleted..... The laser helmets will be judged on their individual successes.

Oh and I NEVER made negative comments 3-4 months ago, if I did please remind me.

Best

hairisgood
Regular Poster

Post by hairisgood » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:49 pm

Awaiting Regrowth, NeverQuit, Lazerfish, and any other name that you sign on as, please STFU and stop muddying the waters by posting in my laser results thread.

Appropriate Regards,

Hairisgood

NeverQuit
Regular Poster

Post by NeverQuit » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:35 pm

hairisgood wrote:Awaiting Regrowth, NeverQuit, Lazerfish, and any other name that you sign on as, please STFU and stop muddying the waters by posting in my laser results thread.

Appropriate Regards,

Hairisgood
Here you go again. I'm sick and tired of your accusations saying I'm Laserfish. If I am accused of something like you are doing and I was originally by JDP, then I will stick up for myself. Leave me out of it!

If you or the others continue to bash my name on these forums, then I will continue to defend myself. You know nothing about me. If you really care then go back in my history and read my posts both here and regrowth. But that's too difficult for you. No, you would rather throw slander and accuse anyone not having good results as you are as having an agenda.

Why don't we all sugar coat our lack of progress for you...would that help you sleep at night?

Grow up dude, I'm not your enemy. And believe me, I still believe in LLLT and if and when it starts working for me you will be the first to know.

So if you all want to keep going there, putting my name into all this on every f'ing post, then go ahead. But don't expect me to not defend myself. Take a page out of your hero and don't start sh#t without knowing the facts. Get your head out and breathe a little, these boards will be much better for it.

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:49 pm

neverquit

once again, email OMG like jdp said numerous time to prove that you are a customer of OMG. Until then, no one is going to listen to you because you are a fake poster.

NeverQuit
Regular Poster

Post by NeverQuit » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:12 pm

...go away

Dr. Watt
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV A

Post by Dr. Watt » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:29 pm

hairisgood wrote:It is taken with the same lighting. It's a bathroom without a window that would otherwise be dark if the light wasn't on so it is the same lighting. I see what you mean about the angle so I took a few more photos and picked the one with the closest to the same angle and distance. In every photo you can see the results and i can feel the results with my freaking hand! i don't need a photo for that.

before
hair start.jpg
after
6 months.jpg
OK, I know this will cause a lot of debate but I honestly don't see the difference here? The lighting and angle are different in picture 1 than picture 2. There may be great progress here but I don't see it in these pictures. What I did was simply mark the edges of the loss in each picture and then compare. They are are the same. The scalp is reflective in picture 1 as the crown is positioned directly upwards and towards the light source. In the second picture that is not the case. I think we can all agree that our hair always looks worse with direct overhead light.

Again, I don't mean to toss cold water on this but I am only going on what is being shown here.

hairisgood
Regular Poster

Post by hairisgood » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:34 am

Dr. Watt,

Everyone but you can see it. Maybe that should tell you something. Maybe you have gotten results but just can't see it because you are such a negative person. I'm going to stop posting now. It is a complete waste of time for me to go on here since I am getting results and have a regimen that I am very happy with.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:38 am

Yep! Lol... that's why hardly anyone ever posts pictures -and the ones that have never do it again.

I see it, you see it (and KNOW it), but it's hard not to take it personally when you know you have results, you have pictures that do a decent job of showing it, but people still say "I don't see it"! But, that's what happens -every time.

It used to be worse, though... that used to be a standard operating procedure of Feller and his minions. They'd go to every laser pictures thread and just leave a comment that they didn't see any results whatsoever, even when it was night and day like this. When Dr. Feller himself left the comment, he'd always say "No, there aren't any results because laser results aren't possible" ...which was just hilarious. It could be night and day difference, but he wouldn't even look at the pictures... If they were laser results, he dismissed them instantly! Lmao!

Anyway, hairisgood, I think you understand why most laser helmet users eventually disappear. They get results, get sick of it all, and just leave. Hey... But I don't think you've been accused of being in a conspiracy yet. You should at least stick around until that happens -and as you've seen by your private emails, I have laser brush salesmen accusing me on a daily basis of orchestrating one so elaborate that only "geniuses" like him could spot it, and you silly peons apparently had the wool pulled over your eyes for years by me! THANK GOD for people with vested interests and no morals or I might just have gotten away with it! lol...

Being accused of that will change your entire viewpoint of life because you'll realize just how stupid people can be -and seemingly proud to show it off. You'll never look at anything the same way again.

I agree that posting in forums can be ridiculous, though. This whole "hair loss" thing -from the industry itself to the types of posters in the forums- needs to change. I think I know how to do that, by the way -and it's going to be hard as crap but I think I can do it. FYI... most people are SMARTER than us. They never get involved in the first place! lol... Millions of English speaking bald people, and twenty or so active posters at the board with the most traffic.

Don't think TOO HARD, though, about why they don't get involved or you'll steal my ideas when you come up with the answers.

-O.M.G.

Lakers
Occasional Poster

Post by Lakers » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:20 am

Hey OMG Straight and to the point You should take down that post about me because I know you know it's not true. Thats not how you treat people, especially friends. Get real man.

Dr. WAtt I can clearly see the progress and keep up the good work Hairisgood.

Dr. Watt
Regular Poster

Post by Dr. Watt » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:37 pm

hairisgood wrote:Dr. Watt,

Everyone but you can see it. Maybe that should tell you something. Maybe you have gotten results but just can't see it because you are such a negative person. I'm going to stop posting now. It is a complete waste of time for me to go on here since I am getting results and have a regimen that I am very happy with.
Yikes! I am not a negative person. I am a brutal optimist. But I am also have a PhD as a scientist. So I look for the details and to me the evidence has to prove the result. In this picture I measured the area of loss. It is unchanged. Try it out, it is very easy to do. This leaves only the appearance of scalp on one picture that is more pronounced than the other. This is easily explained through lighting. You have been losing your hair long enough to know what a dramatic difference light has on the way your hair looks. Again, not hard to see that in this picture.

Not sure why this is negative. It is just stating facts. Try it yourself with those pictures and see if you something different.

And I did note I am not saying he has not made progress, merely that this photos don't show it.

OMGmyhair
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Lasers.
Minoxidil w/ Saw Palmetto 2x
Nizoral
Bentonite Clay

Post by OMGmyhair » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:16 pm

Dr. Watt wrote: But I am also have a PhD as a scientist.
Nothing against you Dr. Watt, but this was just too funny.

Peac33
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: LLLT

Post by Peac33 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Waa there was some violence in here. I don't understand this kind of war over LLLT. Merck must spend a lot of millions for this to happen. Well.. what can i say. To me this laser technology is working and i will do my best to do the demonstration with pics. I am toutching my scalp right now for you and i am feeling a lot of new hairs after 3 month of 2 times 20 minutes, it's true.

We should elaborate a way to take pictures, some kind of step to step methode. Because one hard part of the process is to take constant picture of a progress. Same head position, same daytime lighting, minimum lumen light exposition, same hair style, daytime light, camera angle, whatever. All of us would have something similar to show, is that a good idea ?

I think i will come up with some drawings for approval this week. We have to create a photo standard, a comparative methode universal for all of us.

Hairisgood, sorry for all those advertisments i did on your tread, to me i see some serious ammelioration on your pictures with not so good lighting conditions, so it's a farely good news!

LLLT is working.

Dr. Watt
Regular Poster

Post by Dr. Watt » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:39 pm

Peac33 wrote: We should elaborate a way to take pictures, some kind of step to step methode. Because one hard part of the process is to take constant picture of a progress. Same head position, same daytime lighting, minimum lumen light exposition, same hair style, daytime light, camera angle, whatever. All of us would have something similar to show, is that a good idea ?
LLLT is working.
I think you have summarized it very well. It is very difficult to get good pictures for comparison but there are definately things you can do to make it much easier for folks. I have seen great ones in these forums. No offense to the one in this thread but it is a good example of the types of pictures that usually ends up making people argue. I think you stated a great recipe above!

Congrats on your progress and looking forward to your pics.

Dr. Watt
Regular Poster

Post by Dr. Watt » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:41 pm

OMGmyhair wrote:
Dr. Watt wrote: But I am also have a PhD as a scientist.
Nothing against you Dr. Watt, but this was just too funny.
;) Science is always funny.