Laser users post 6 months with Helmet

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

Lakers
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Laser users post 6 months with Helmet

Post by Lakers » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Any of you guys out there past the 6 month with a helmet device that can chime in with updated results or lack thereof...?

hairisgood
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: 300+ diode laser helmet 3x per week for 20 minutes

Re: Laser users post 6 months with Helmet

Post by hairisgood » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:54 am

you can see my results thread that i posted. im almost at 6 months.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:27 am

Lakers...

I hope lots of people answer you, but in case you didn't notice... I need to state the obvious. Most laser users (especially laser helmet users) DO NOT post in this forum. They posted at Regrowth, but they did not make the transition to this forum -many didn't want this site as a permanent home, and many of them after the turmoil just abandoned posting all together.

Hey, it bugs me, too... I hear positive testimonials EVERY WEEK -sometimes daily, and even the owner of this forum is having good experiences but you don't hear about it- so I hear this one sided talk between a few people and it drives me nuts because it is NOT REALITY. I more than anyone would love to see more of them here, but the laser users just simply aren't here -for whatever reason. A simple look at the names on the positive testimonials will tell you that, as well as the fact that I still am selling quite a bit of these -it's literally hundreds- but they don't post. AT ALL.

So, more than likely you are only going to hear from the same people that you always hear from in this forum -no more, no less... which ain't much. That's the way things are, so this is not the place to get an accurate assessment in any way, shape, or form, which is one of the most unfortunate aspects of the upheaval over the summer. This isn't a home for laser users as much as some of us would like it to be.

Good luck, though!

-O.M.G.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

zixcreator
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Zix

Post by zixcreator » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:29 pm

Lakers...ditto to what OMG said. I would like to add that personally I've never seen more positive testimonials on message boards like I have with LLLT. This even includes propecia. Understand I have no finacial stake in LLLT at all. I don't sell diodes anymore. I don't sell helmets.....I make no money at all on LLLT.

Also as someone who has offered his own treatment for hair loss for about 8 years now, I have also noticed a complete disconnect between positive testimonials I receive via e-mail and positive testimonials I see on the forums. I get many, many more times positive e-mails than I see positive posts.

Finally people who get good results often "move on". They found what they believe to be a reasonable solution and they focus on some other of life's many problems. They don't sit around posting positive testimonials on message boards.

All that said there is still another thing I'd like to add. "Scared hair" is never regrown. In other words people that excessively stress about their hair never grow any back.....in fact they usually keep losing their hair. I'm not sure why this is. Perhaps the stress causes a physiological response that accelerates the condition or perhaps people with "scared hair syndrome" never stick with anything long enough to make a difference. Perhaps they do too many things.....use too many topicals....take too many nutritional supplements? Perhaps it is a combination of all of these things?

I just know the results of people with this "scared hair syndrome" is pretty dismal. I have found if you want to keep the hair you have left and perhaps regrow some, you have to be one of the calm and rational people. I'm not saying you have "scared hair syndrome" but I did want to bring this subject up on the forums and this seemed like a good thread to do so.

Just my humble opinion for what it's worth.

Lakers
Occasional Poster

Post by Lakers » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Well "scared hair sydrome" could just be "no result treatment regimen" so I guess I'll remain happy and non skeptical while going bald??? there's been a smile on my face this whole 6 months as I've thought as i was doing something for my hairloss until i compared pictures. It could be just a shed as I do have alot of miniaturization sooooooooooo whooo knoooowssssss

For the record I use Nizoral a few times a week if that. And sometimes some essential oils.

Also from the very few LLLT studies I've read 6 months is where there is a noted improvemnt in hair counts and health...whether this is a cometic improvement i do not know but i believe that the studies imply this.

Dr. Watt
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV A

Post by Dr. Watt » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:58 pm

Lakers wrote:Any of you guys out there past the 6 month with a helmet device that can chime in with updated results or lack thereof...?
7.25 months.
Months 0 - 3: Hair quality improved and better hair lift
Months ~4 - 5.5: Very large and dramatic shed. Not alll at once but steady. Hair lift decreased and cosmetic affect was very apparent
Months 5.5 - 6.25: Decreased usage time to 20 mins every 3rd day
Months 6.25 - 7.25: Decreased usage time to 12 mins every 3rd day. Hair seems better now. Shed has stopped and my hair lift seems to have returned. However, no regrowth has occured and the shed hair has not begun to come back yet. My miniturized hair has also not started to extend in length yet which I am also hopeful for.

I do remain optimistic and continue to post in this forum in the hope that in the long term we all figure out routines that work for us.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:59 am

I'll be brief because your misuse of the term "ridiculous" to describe what I was talking about in another thread shows me that you've got a lot of wrong feelings here that are causing you to be a bit less-than-analytical, but what you are describing is a large "syncronized shed" that *can* occur. It has to do with you actually getting rid of a lot of terminal hairs because you are doing something that actually WORKS.

I hope you have considered that your changing the times and frequency of usage had nothing to do with it stopping because chances are that's the truth. The stopping of the shedding has more than likely absolutely nothing to do with your changing the usage time of the helmet.

But, you're still in the range where you are probably getting benefit, so I'm certainly not going to tell you to change anything if you are happy -except to stop calling us ridiculous when we are describing the facts about a type of shedding that it doesn't look like you have in the first place.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Lakers
Occasional Poster

Post by Lakers » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:16 am

OMG I saw your other post regarding me...all I could do was LOL! @ the fact that that you're acting delsuional lately. My only "motives" in this whole HL crap is to keep the little hair I have on my head. I'll take that "pre" apology now as I've done no name calling or "scheming" EVER. Do you honestly think I shelled out every single last penny I had as a student almost a year ago in order to "plot" a conspiracy against you?? get real man, this is the same lakers who had your back at immortal vs the natural when no one else had the cajones to back you up.

(conspiracy/hate such strong words btw especially from someone I consider a friend)

I'll chalk it up to you having a bad day. YES I do wash my hair and scalp very thoroughly with P80 and Dr Bronners before each and every use. Don't make accusations towards me, just bc I'm not seeing results. You have to take the good and the bad OMG and stop being paranoid!! O:)

Dr. Watt
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV A

Post by Dr. Watt » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:46 pm

OverMachoGrande wrote:
...I hope you have considered that your changing the times and frequency of usage had nothing to do with it stopping because chances are that's the truth...
Yes, as I noted it is very possible it is just coincidence. Since I dont' know what caused the heavy shedding I can't jump to a conclusion that changing times stopped it. This is why I am hoping others who claimed they are changing their use times post their results. We won't get the truth even with that, but we'll get some interesting data that maybe we could run with.

Hairy Dawgs
Occasional Poster

Post by Hairy Dawgs » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:16 pm

How are we going to get something we can run with, if users post pictures, who have decreased time length? We're going to get the same debate on the pictures.

How about this: We all do nothing, be afraid of sheds forever, throw all optimism out the window, put our egos out there for everyone to see, along with our pedigrees and throw ourselves onto oncoming traffic.

Jesus, the commentary here is ridiculous. I'm out with the rest of you guys. Whether lasers work or not is debatable but i've had many comments about how my hair has looked much better and I have friend, who is using the helmet who i'm seeing the same result in. No regrowth but our hair looks much better. But ooooooooohhhh, I don't have pictures, so you have to take my word for it. You all have seem to have abandoment issues and need to learn how to weed through crap for yourselves or seek psychiatric advice. The emotional, chest out, defensive BS is destructive. In a nutshell, the panties are on and man are they frilly!

Cheers!

Hairy Dawgs
Occasional Poster

Post by Hairy Dawgs » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:41 pm

If you're doing everything nutritionally correct (magnesium oil and you exercise and eat relatively healthy) are using clay for your head to ensure cleanliness and are still shedding 2+ months into the LLLT treatment. Consider tapering your treatments. I use the helmet 4 times a week 10-12 minutes Monday and Tuesday, take Wednesday off, laser Thursday and Friday 10-12minutes and take the weekend off. I typically use the clay as a topical, at minimum, two of these days and preferrably the first day of the two day set, along with some emu oil.

You guys can fight each other all you want and I know all most of you want is honesty and to have your hair back but we have to work together here and go rationally. If you talk things out with us, we'll help you find solutions. If you start %&$! because of a lighting issue, you're wasting time. What do his results give YOU anyway? Nothing. Find what works for YOU! Who gives a damn about his results frankly. They're great for him but not you or me. If you shed massively, look back at what you do, find things to improve on and tinker with and change the formula until something works. Don't get impatient like Jimmy Clausen with 1 second left and miss your receiver. Ouch! The bad thing is, I like ND!

NeverQuit
Regular Poster

Post by NeverQuit » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:28 pm

Dr. Watt,
I think I can post on this one without being accused of being whoever else, if I am I'll just pm you. You may have seen my one post where I had major shedding....not sure if you followed it, but just to confirm - the first 2 pics were very real. It's funny, because everyone gave me a hard time about the shedding thing and asked for pics and then when finally posted them I was accused of being Lazerman and doctoring the photos. I admit, I took the battle a little far, but it pisses me off when I'm accused of something I haven't done.

Moving on...we have had some good discussions on this in the past, so I will give you an update. I ended up keeping minox the same (one dose in the pm) but bringing down LLLT to 12 min sessions 3x per week. It's been 4 weeks and shedding has stopped and hair has thickened. I HATE to say this, because everytime I claim thickening, I go one step forward and two steps back. I just had to give you some feedback though, as we had discussed this 2 months ago and you should know that using 12x3 I am finally heading in a positive direction. OMG could have a very valid point about syncro shedding, but there just aren't enough subjects to know for sure.

I also started taking a really good multi-vit as well as some hair/nails multi. I would highly recommend this, as it does thicken the hair which phsycologically may help you weather the storm.

In a nutshell - Things have not gotten worse. I haven't started clay yet but am going to.

OMG, if your monitoring....it would be awesome to have either a sticky or a page devoted to the "ultimate protocol" and how to get it. Newbies and occasional posters like myself will find the clay post, but have to try and back track to see; where to get it, the best kind, how to mix it etc. It would be nice to have a page or sticky with what to take - ie. magnesium,clay, shampoo and EXACTLY where to order or get it/ what kind/ and what frequency. I believe I can speak for a few...we know what we should do, but are missing the first chapter on where/ how to get it and in what volume.

Thanks, NQ