LLLT and Anxiety

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

LLLT and Anxiety

Post by 1..... » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:20 pm

I duno if this has been mentioned before but I thought this was kinda cool.
The Role of Low Level Laser Therapy

The treatment of Anxiety Disorders frequently requiresa combination of therapeutic approaches to get significant improvement. Clinical experience and scientific research has shown that Low level Laser Therapy applied at auricular acupuncture points, is a useful therapy alone or as adjunct therapy for many Anxiety Disorders and other of clinical conditions such as addiction therapy. It can therefore play a significant role in the treatment of Anxiety Disorders.

Low level Laser Therapy mimics the mechanism used by various anti-anxiety and anti-depressant drugs by increasing amounts of serotonin and norepinephrine available in the brain, decreasing anxiety symptoms. Low level Laser Light Therapy remains an effective treatment for those suffering from anxiety, without the side effects seen with various drugs.

buddyebsen
Occasional Poster

Re: LLLT and Anxiety

Post by buddyebsen » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:46 pm

Interesting. What is the source of the info.? I would like to know more like what points on the body and for how long, etc.?

zixcreator
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Zix

Post by zixcreator » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:58 am

Yea.... I would really like to know more about this. Please tell us all where you got that information! Great post!

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:56 am

It's acupuncture of certain points on the ear. Each point corresponds with some other point in the body. Found this interesting tidbit.
Information about auricular points:

Shen Men, or the Chinese "heavenly gate" point on the ear, is situated at the apex of the triangular fossa. It is one of the most recognized auricular points, and is used in the treatment of most ailments. Shen Men is known to have a powerful influence in treating various conditions, including pain, sedation, addiction treatment, and inflammation. While Shen Men is universally recognized in the auricular acupuncture world, it is not associated with any specific organ; the Chinese auricular points were derived from observation of functional effects, and not necessarily with respect to organs and anatomy. The Nogier French auricular system, however, was developed with anatomic and embryological consistency to localizations of the points or zones. Auricular acupuncture was developed as a formal sotamotopic system through the discoveries of Dr. Paul Nogier of France (1,2,3). With the initial recognition in 1951 that the "sciatic point," in fact, correlated with the fourth lumbar vertebra rather than sciatica as an ailment, Dr. Nogier discovered the primary correspondence of the body on the auricle in an "inverted fetus" presentation (4,5,6). This observation led to the eventual identification of the body's anatomic or structural correspondence with zones in the auricle.
Then found this at another site. Notice the "Shen Men" at the upper middle.

Master Point Functions

* Point Zero - general homeostatic balance
* Shen Men - stress, anxiety, excessive sensitivity
* Autonomic Point - balances symphathetic and parasymphathetic nervous systems, blood circulation
* Thalamus Point - over excitement, shock, sweating
* Endocrine Point - balance endocrine hormones, hypersensitivity, rheumatism
* Master Oscillation Point - balances left and right hemispheres (useful for left hand dominant clients)
* Allergy Point - reduce allergic inflammations, eliminate toxicity
* Tranquilizer Point - general sedation, anxiety
* Master Sensorial (eye) Point - tinnitus, blurred vision
* Master Cerebral Point - nervousness, anxiety, fear, OCD

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:00 am

More points of interest:

Functional I Point Functions

* Constipation - constipation, indigestion
* Mercury Toxicity - relieve effects of metal toxicity reactions
* Alcoholic Point - hangover, assists tx of alcoholism
* Analgesic Point - post-op pain relief
* Cirrhosis - relieves cirrhosis damage
* Muscle Relaxation - muscle tension
* Vitality - immune system disorders, AIDS, cancer
* Appetite Control - diminishes appetite, weight reduction
* Nicotine Point - reduce craving during withdrawal
* Mania Point - hyperactive manic behavior related to addictions
* Hypertension 2 Point - reduces high blood pressure, induces relaxation

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:02 am

Functional II Point Functions

* Psychosomatic 1 - psychological disorders, repressed emotional experiences
* Weather - symptoms related to changes in weather
* Heat - peripheral vasodilation, acute/strained low back
* Insomnia 1 - insomnia, nervousness, depression
* Insomnia 2 - insomnia, sleep difficulties, nervous dreams, inability to dream
* Alertness - arousal, alertness
* Sexual Compulsion - insomnia, lowers libido, calms sexuality
* Sexual Desire - increases libido, enhances sexual arousal
* Anti-Depressant 1 - endogenous depression, reactive depression, dysphoric mood
* Metabolism - metabolic disorders
* Sneezing - sneezing, allergies
* Aggresivity 1 - irritability, aggresion, frustration, rage
* Master Omega - psychological stress, OCD, fear, worry, ruminating thoughts

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:07 am

Ear Acupuncture Points Treating Anxiety
Listening to the Peace of Mind

By Paul J.O’Brien
B.A., N.C.E.H.S., Dip. Acu., Cert Clin. Med. M.T.C.M.C.I., M.C.Th.A.

Ear Acupuncture Points Treating Anxiety is becoming increasingly common tool in the modern practice. In fact the in 1990, the Director General of the World Health Organization proclaimed to an international gathering that –

"Auricular acupuncture is probably the most developed and best documented, scientifically, of all the Microsystems of acupuncture and is the most practical and widely used."

Can Ear Acupuncture Points Treating Anxiety be effective?

It’s important to note that traditional acupuncture, based on points along the body has be proven to be successful independently and in conjunction with auricular acupuncture. You can read more about Acupuncture for Anxiety Here

However until recently it was not known if Ear Acupuncture Points Treating Anxiety where effective on there own. To test this two researchers from the Yale University School of Medicine - Drs. Shu-Ming Wang and Zeev N. Kain - assembled a group of 55 patients for a blinded, randomized controlled trial to ascertain whether auricular acupuncture could in fact decrease acute anxiety.

The population of the study consisted of a hospital operating room’s staff, a stressful job to say the least. This group was divided into three subsections of 22, 15 and 18 patients, respectively. The first group, that of 22 people received bilateral (meaning on both sides) auricular acupuncture at the Shen men point. This point, located on the upper half of the ear near the inferior lateral wall of the triangular fossa is often used as part of multiple point treatments and rather than having a particular property is thought to enhance the overall effect of acupuncture more.

The second group, that of 15 people, received the same type of acupuncture at a "relaxation" point high on the ear, at the superior wall of the triangular fossa. This point is specifically used to treat anxiety and stress related conditions. The final group, that of 18 people, received sham (fake) acupuncture at a point on the middle ear that has no known effect.

Each person was needled using small press needles, a tiny little needle that has a flat handle and is pressed into an acupuncture point and covered with a small plaster. Prior to this the anxiety levels of each patient were measured, and then retaken at intervals of 30 minutes, 24 hours and 48 hours after treatment.

The results were very impressive.

While Shen men had little effect on the anxiety levels over the 48 hours period, the sham acupuncture group actually became more anxious, peaking at the 24 hour mark. The relaxation point acupuncture group however had a marked and dramatic lowering of their anxiety levels within the first 30 minutes and continued to decrease in anxiety of the 48 hour period.

The researchers were left in no doubt that Ear Acupuncture Points Treating Anxiety was most effective.

If you suffer from anxiety or stress and simply need to relax, then perhaps you should consider Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. I have been privileged enough to treat many patients for anxiety and am happy to say I have helped all of them relax, de-stress and enjoy a calmer quality of life.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:29 am

Still can't find a protocol using LLLT though. The needles are usually left in for 30 - 45 though. I'll keep looking.

zixcreator
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Zix

Post by zixcreator » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:19 am

Why not cover the entire ear with lasers for 20 minutes three time a week?

peterz
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Treatment Regimen: Started 9/2/09 Laser Messiah 441 diode,IH complete 100 % regimen,cut hair to 1/4 inch high,20 minutes,3 times per week.Hair damp.........OMG knows the way.After shower,before lasering, I rinse with distilled water.

Post by peterz » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:22 am

POSSIBLE HAIR REGROWER...Never been tried to grow hair... I have never tried this and have no $ interest in the company.The US rep is a friend.
E-Cell is a phone size natural healing device that increases VASCULAR blood flow to localized damaged parts of the body.It utilizes tiny electro-magnetic pulses.
Awaiting FDA approval.

E-Cell is intended for external, infrequent use and a
means of increasing natural healing processes in
cases of acute, sub-acute and chronic
musculoskeletal disorders.
Fritz Sproul 805 824 8781.
Global Energy Medicine Pty Ltd

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:04 am

zixcreator wrote:Why not cover the entire ear with lasers for 20 minutes three time a week?
Lol not a bad idea. You'd hit all the points.

Check out this pic:

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:54 pm

PeterZ...

Man, I think electomagnetic devices could be really benefical for us. It's something I've wanted to explore but I've never gotten a chance to do it. I'm really wondering if we couldn't get DECENT RESULTS from some $10 radio shack contraption. Maybe, maybe not... but the point is that nobody can really tell us yes or no because they haven't been tried in any sort of real quantity in the forums from people we know and trust!

I remember last year we got so close that we even had schematics, but I'm just not trained enough with capactiors, et al to be the one to do this quickly. Maybe we can get somebody to help us -like the guy that's working on the pulse device.

1... and Hapyman...

That ear thing is really interesting. I might have to do that... I've got a cluster sitting right here that I could use! I'm always looking for new ways to get LLLT. I've been using a 415 device with the 107 diode transplant scar device, so that's over 500 there (with NO massive shedding and no massive inflammation from the bristles, as one salesman suggested must be occuring! How about that!), and I occasionally use the 107 on my face. I'd love to do the nose thing more, but I just HATE IT. Hmmm... the EAR, though.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:35 pm

If you hate the nose there is always the rectal laser :D JK JK. But that would probably work as there is some good vasculature in there lol.

I hate the nose too. I have been doing mainly the wrist but I think the wrist works better with a stronger laser. So I usually use a combination of the two and I get a really nice whole body sensation after. I may have to try a focused laser on that "relaxation point" though. Would be interesting to see if it helps.