French green clay prelaser?

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

bear101
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode laser Messiah 2 (3 times a week for 20 min sessions, at least 2 days between sessions)

French green clay prelaser?

Post by bear101 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:47 pm

http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.ca/fr ... p-631.html Is this suitable before showering and lasering? Thanks

jdp710
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: French green clay prelaser?

Post by jdp710 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:37 pm

There are two different kinds of French green clay. You have montmorillonite which is what you're looking for in our application and you have Illite. Unfortunately that website doesn't list which one it is but they usually are montmorillonite.

Also, IME, Illite doesn't work very well at removing sebum.

Calcium bentonite clay is also good based on some people's experiences like hapyman and Justme123. Scalpure uses that one.

Here is a good site with info and the differences between them http://www.aboutclay.com/clay_info.htm

bear101
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode laser Messiah 2 (3 times a week for 20 min sessions, at least 2 days between sessions)

Post by bear101 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:53 pm

Thanks jdp...I didn't know that there was two different types..good thing I asked. I actually just checked the MSDS on the website and its lists all the components of the clay: Kaolinite, Illite, Montmorillonite, Calcite, Gysum, Quartz.

So it has both Illite and Montmorillonite. Do you think it will effective with both of these?

BTW I'm contacting the company for more info.

jdp710
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by jdp710 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Hi bear101,

I just spent a little time online trying to figure why that clay has so both those types. In short, I have no idea. I know it's tradiationally used that it's one type of clay or another but not sure why it's listed as having Illite and montmorillonite. The Illite I've heard it mention that it's good for healing for uses such as acne while the montmorillonite is good for absorbing impurities. IME, I bought one labeled french green "Illite" and it didn't do much and didn't remove much sebum from my scalp. The montmorillonite that I have does an extremely good job but right now, the place that I ordered from is out of stock on the small 1 pound container.

Here is a quote

"Montmorillonite: French green healing clay ( also a smectite ) closely related to bentonite.

Illite: Non-swelling green healing clay ( mica ) known to have potent healing properties."

http://www.eytonsearth.org/

And again, if you have a problem with french green montmorillonite you can always choose the more readily available calcium bentonite clay.