Re: 6 Month Results with LLLT.....Pictures

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

LAZERFISH
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Avodart
Xandrox
High Powered Laser Handheld
Sometimes Caffeine in Shampoo

Post by LAZERFISH » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Good Luck
Last edited by LAZERFISH on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

rawhair
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Helmet 200 diodes 10 min everyotherday

Post by rawhair » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:41 am

Hey Neverquit,

Try to low your session times to 10 min each as I do or 12 min as others do (N0rwgnKid).Since I started (1 month)with this time protocol things are getting better but the real report will be in the next 3-4 months.

But most of us have followed the 20min-3 times a week protocol (1 hour),I think is too much,if you see what are the recommended times with other commercial devices,see the link below;

http://www.konftec.com/PDF/Comparison/L ... _table.pdf

Most of these devices manufacturers recommend 2 session a week for 15/30 min,even Lazerfish recommend in his website 3 sessions for 15 min a week (45 min).Is only my personal opinion (amateur opinion) but based in what I´ve experienced at the moment.

Thanks Lazerfish fo your advices about keeping the diodes further from the scalp seems very logical.

tonyj
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by tonyj » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:01 am

Neverquit - I count about 13 people with this heavy LLLT shedding so far, some using lasercomb most using the helmet. Like everybody here on the forum, we are just trying to piece together what is going on.
Did you go completely off Minox or are you continuing with the .5ml dosage?
When did you notice your hair getting thicker: on the 4 months of lasermax or the first couple of months on the helmet?
When did you start using the infrared sauna and how often do you use it?
Do you use Nizoral 2% shampoo?

bear101
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode laser Messiah 2 (3 times a week for 20 min sessions, at least 2 days between sessions)

Post by bear101 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:46 am

Neverquit- Sorry that you've lost so much hair since starting the LLLT. I've actually increased my time to 25-30 minutes 3 times a week and its resulted in faster hairgrowth. I'm between month 4 and 5 and don't want to really report my results until I give it at least a year, but I can say is that I do not have any further loss. BTW I'm not using and clay or pre-laser topical (only MgCL oil supplementation) and I've never felt any soreness from lasers even with 30 minutes at 300 diodes.

What I find interesting is that the hairloss is only over the typical MPB area and not other areas covered by the laser. I would expect that other areas would be affected equally give that the lasers are also covering the non balding areas too, but I'm no expert and nor do I claim to be. Hope all your hair will regrow and then some over the long term.

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:07 am

here are my observations. the first pic has less lighting (ur skin is much darker). you definately lost a good amount of hair on the crown. But even though there is more light in the 2nd pic, your hair looks alot more darker in that pic. Have you noticed thicker hair for the remaining hair on top?

Calbruin
Occasional Poster

Post by Calbruin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:27 pm

I find this post quite frightening for many reasons. Most particularly because I am at the 3 month mark and I have seen a dramatic increase in hair that has been shed over the last month (at month 2 i was not shedding at all in the shower, now I am shedding in upwards of thirty hairs during each shower). Here is the strangest part: my hair has not looked this good in years. The color has come back, and I have seen dramatic regrowth in the temples especially. I would go as far as to say that my hairline looks the way it did back in 2005.

I am at a loss as to what to do at this point, but you can be sure that I will be taking time off lasering before I begin again. Its safe to say that laser helmets have the potential to bring back a great deal of hair, as I have seen it first hand; Im just not sure what the metric for use is, nor am I sure how we can develop such a thing considering we all have varying treatment times and a varying number of diodes. Most importantly, it seems that some have a higher tolerance for dose than others...(an observation based on many posts)

Question: Has anyone taken time off of lasering to ride out a shed? If so how long did you wait, and by what % decrease in the number of hairs shed did you see over that period of time?

NeverQuit
Regular Poster

Post by NeverQuit » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:14 pm

NeverQuit wrote:Is there a peach fuzz of vellus hairs left on the right one? I can't see it on the photo.
It seems that vellus hairs have replaced terminal, very hard to see them on the crown as they have zero pigment
tonyj wrote:Did you go completely off Minox or are you continuing with the .5ml dosage?
When did you notice your hair getting thicker: on the 4 months of lasermax or the first couple of months on the helmet?
When did you start using the infrared sauna and how often do you use it?
Do you use Nizoral 2% shampoo?
Since I started this major shed, I never did cut back on the Minox. Stayed at one 1mm application pm as I've been doing for 2+ years.
Noticed thickening around the 2nd month of the helmet....very very slight and no new terminal hairs.
I've used the sauna on and off for 2 years, if anything I noticed a thickening of hair when I use it.
Nizoral really dried out my hair so I stopped it long ago...FYI -I did really like Nisim though and may order some more
1..... wrote:here are my observations. the first pic has less lighting (ur skin is much darker). you definately lost a good amount of hair on the crown. But even though there is more light in the 2nd pic, your hair looks alot more darker in that pic. Have you noticed thicker hair for the remaining hair on top?
Yes, the lighting is slightly different...but it still sucks balls. The remaining hairs were thicker before the shed - they seem healthier since I've switched to 10 minute sessions vs 20- but still under baseline.

jksl
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Post by jksl » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:24 am

Calbruin wrote:I find this post quite frightening for many reasons. Most particularly because I am at the 3 month mark and I have seen a dramatic increase in hair that has been shed over the last month (at month 2 i was not shedding at all in the shower, now I am shedding in upwards of thirty hairs during each shower). Here is the strangest part: my hair has not looked this good in years. The color has come back, and I have seen dramatic regrowth in the temples especially. I would go as far as to say that my hairline looks the way it did back in 2005.
30 hairs and seeing improvement? I don't see what there is to worry about. I'm shedding about 100 hairs with an unmistakable loss in density, seeing terminal turn to vellous all over, seeing a ton of my hairs turn 'pubic', and there's temple recession (F.UCK!). I'm using a 415 OMG helmet and totally regret not starting with a cluster. I also wish that i had followed my intuition and begin with reduced treatment times.

LAZERFISH
Occasional Poster
Xandrox

Post by LAZERFISH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:19 am

Good Luck!
Last edited by LAZERFISH on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

buddyebsen
Occasional Poster

Post by buddyebsen » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:31 am

Lazerfish,

Do you know if the Sunetics Clinical Unit uses focused or diffused dioses? I thought that most units that are some distance from the scalp were focused.

Actually, I did some more research and found they were diffused. http://www.sunetics.com/comparelasers_safety.aspx

It does sound like he still recommends using them at a greater distance from the scalp (1.5 inches or 3.8 cm) and also because the lasers are not static above your head, your head will move slightly and this may provide a safer and more effective treatment. I am going to keep using my helmet but move it higher above my scalp and reduce the treatment time. I'm convinced lasers work but I am coming to believe that overstimulation is the key reason for negative results.

LAZERFISH
Occasional Poster
Xandrox

Post by LAZERFISH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:24 am

Good Luck!
Last edited by LAZERFISH on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:01 am

Hey guys!

Sorry I've been gone. Rest assured its not for long because this has just got to stop. Most of you know that the reason the forums have been somewhat vacant is because we are working on something huge behind the scenes.

Shedding of this magnitude is just not possible just from 5mW lasers -Period. ...and there are literally now hundreds of laser helmet users with over 300 diodes that don't report this. There are also several hundred do-it-yourselfers that I talk to, and although sheds DO OCCUR WITH ANY TREATMENT, a big shed is statistically tiny being that all of you that get them except one are posting at this forum -and I'll mention that most have not even emailed ME about it, which I find odd. Very odd.

Shedding is normal with any treatment, but if massive shedding like this occurs then you need to stop EVERYTHING that you are doing and figure out what is going on.

Lazerfish... You are absolutely shameful. Maybe only slightly in this post, but your past posts are just absolutely self serving and ridiculous, and I won't address you any more. You only post to help yourself and have done nothing in recent history to help the cause of lllt except promote your own product. There were no helpful studies, methods, findings, etc. that came from you in this movement, and everyone needs to be reminded of that.

Everyone else... I'm getting Dr. Maricle involved in this discussion and hopefully he'll help you to understand. I just got off the phone with him a second ago, and no... A 5mw diode doesn't do this, even if you have 400 of them in a helmet.

Neverquit... Dude, you need to seriously see a doctor about this.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:34 am

This is the second such thread I've seen on this forum showing a massive shed after a few months, which concerns me greatly.

Until this is all sorted out, I'm going to drop my LLLT to 2x/week for 10-12 minutes. While this won't put me at the top of the biostimulation curve, it will definitely keep me below the bio-inhibition.

I don't believe this is caused solely be LLLT or 200+ diode devices, maybe a combination of minox, etc?

jdp710
Prolific Poster

Post by jdp710 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:54 am

xyion1,

You do realize that there is at least 1 person on this forum that is not legit. That's why I take what is said at this forum with a grain of salt. Some information is true while other information is deceitful for whatever reason. I won't name names as he likes to threaten lawsuits when things don't go his way ... no I'm not talking about NeverQuit but another forum member with a recent thread. There are another two that I suspect and I believe I know who they are but I'm not positive.

This didn't happen with regrowtth.com months before as OMG would always check IP addresses of posters, etc. to find out who really is who so they can't behind a user name ... remember Scalpure, lol. This doesn't happen anymore and simply put OMG has A LOT of enemies. He was told "I will bury you" by one owner. Hmmm, I wonder how they'll attempt that, lol.

Back on subject though, I'm not disputing people having sheds but something on this magnitude there is something else going on here.

I also wonder why Neverquit is still using LLLT since he says this is all from LLLT?

I also wonder why Neverquit hasn't adopted any suggestions that other people and I have told him about LLLT?

Why did Lazerfish join shortly after the postings of these pics. I'm sure he'll increase his post count though, lol.

BTW, my 400 diode laser helmet barely covers that hair that NeverQuit lost hair on.

Why is Neverquit losing hair from a 250 diode helmet that isn't even covering that area?

These are just some questions that makes me say that something else is going on here ...

I'll leave the thread otherwise people will say I'm trying to hijack this thread ...

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:46 pm

So great to see you back OMG!

Neverquit, something I want to ask you ; how has your scalp condition been regarding inflammation, itchiness and oiliness, or basically the regular scalp issues that one experiences with mpb been during your months of lasering ?? How has the course or progress been here ?

nidhogge
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: - Laser Helmet 3x a week, 20 minutes per session
- Magnesium Oil applied to scalp in the shower and massaged in well, left on for duration of shower
- HGF (Hair Growth Factors) custom formulation from Caregen once or twice a day
- A&G Complex (2 vials left)
- Primordial Performance HairGen Trial topical (coming soon)
- ImmortalHair.org regimen coupled with 112Degrees.com's product for hormonal balance

Post by nidhogge » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:10 pm

All that I'm going to tell you folks is that there are some people that REALLY hate the stuff that OMG has done for the community, because they are greedy and want a piece of the pie. Lazerfish is one such person. Notice how you rarely ever heard a peep from the guy before OMG was banned from Regrowth by a couple of idiot stooges? He's an opportunist, and his making laser combs does NOT make him an authority on LLLT. He has never contributed a nickel or dime to the LLLT community in information, and in fact, nobody has ever posted any positive testimonials that I know of on Regrowth or this site with one of his combs.

There have been cases in the past where a user that used both LLLT and Minox. experienced negative or little to no results. I do not recommend using both together, however, if you drop Minox. in favor of LLLT, you should expect a shed as well due to the Minox. dependency. Seeing as how the crown benefits the most from LLLT, these pictures are completely baffling to me, and I do not attribute it to LLLT. Your diet is a big piece of the puzzle as well, and stress may be a factor too.

For anybody reading this thread--if you want to experiment with treatment-time reduction, then take a 2-week break from LLLT, and drop down to 12 to 15 minutes, 3x a week. Keep at it for 6 months, see how things go, and adjust your timing from that point.

And, one more thing--for anybody seeking advice from Lazerfish, I would like you to keep in mind that just because someone can construct a well-written forum post and piece together a high-powered handheld, it doesn't make automatically make them a knowledge expert in that field. Take his advice at your own risk, but when your LLLT results are lackluster a year down the road, you're going to feel awfully resentful of this man down the road.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:05 pm

This is the second such thread I've seen on this forum showing a massive shed after a few months, which concerns me greatly.

Until this is all sorted out, I'm going to drop my LLLT to 2x/week for 10-12 minutes. While this won't put me at the top of the biostimulation curve, it will definitely keep me below the bio-inhibition.

I don't believe this is caused solely be LLLT or 200+ diode devices, maybe a combination of minox, etc?
Why the knee-jerk reaction? Are you shedding? How long have you been doing LLLT? If something is working for you there is no need to change it because it isn't for some reason for a few. Trust me there are more people benefiting than those that aren't, even if it doesn't appear to be so. Personally I have been doing 12 minute sessions 4 times a week and it works just fine. 2x per week @ 10 minutes will not be enough in my experience and opinion.

BrendanJ
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Lasers, Emu Oil and Magnesium

Post by BrendanJ » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:41 pm

It's just my opinion but those photos are completely different shots. The first is taken at an angle that is "more flattering" the second is taken at an angle so light reflects on the skin and it does. You guys are well aware that light makes a big difference to the appearance of your hair and can look a lot thinner with different angles of light.

OMG has done well and I've had fantastic results with a device I made myself and with the helmet, the thing about the helmet is I don't have to move it round and treat different areas seperately which would take forever. Also with devices like the Lazerfish you will have to do this to get proper treatment. They work but the helmet is just better for me.

LAZERFISH
Occasional Poster
Xandrox

Post by LAZERFISH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Good Luck
Last edited by LAZERFISH on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

LAZERFISH
Occasional Poster
Xandrox

Post by LAZERFISH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Good Luck
Last edited by LAZERFISH on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

NeverQuit
Regular Poster

Post by NeverQuit » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:06 pm

jdp710 wrote:I also wonder why Neverquit is still using LLLT since he says this is all from LLLT?
NEVER SAID THAT JDP. I have ALWAYS been a supporter from day one with LLLT and defended it, even while loosing ground. I NEVER said this is all from LLLT! I HAVE said the shed started 4 months after starting LLLT! Get the difference?
jdp710 wrote:Why is Neverquit losing hair from a 250 diode helmet that isn't even covering that area?
What? It does cover that area. But I wouldn't know that.
jdp710 wrote:I also wonder why Neverquit hasn't adopted any suggestions that other people and I have told him about LLLT?
What? Sorry, I never remember you asking me about everything I've ever tried.
jdp710 wrote:These are just some questions that makes me say that something else is going on here ...
Ya, it's a conspiracy theory to bring LLLT down! When I was in high school, I told myself that someday I wanted to be on a balding forum for the sole purpose of attacking a possible hairloss cure so I actually WOULDN'T be able to grow more hair.

Must be nice to be on the other side of this nightmare. It's nice that you ALL came back at the same time to offer your opinions. Don't know what to tell you guys? Just because I haven't posted every minute of my hair nightmare doesn't mean I haven't tried it all...ie, been to the doctor, tried mag oil, shower with pert, wet scalp, 20x3, diet, 12% bodyfat, no stress, slowly will reduce minox, immortal diet, nizoral, vitamins, blood work, and everything else related to making LLLT work for me.... You all have more knowledge on this subject than I do so it's kinda worthless to go back an forth on these issues. My only purpose for posting pics of my sorry ass head was to start a positive dialogue for those not getting results so we could talk about it and compare. Things have actually been pretty constructive on this site (ya minus a couple of obvious shrills or whatever you call them on EVERY hairloss and any other site)but so what.

To those I've had positive posts with comparing routines, keep the dialogue up...Gonna go back to lurking for a while, I'll pm you with any results I get from adjusting my treatment times and as I weening off the minox. - Late...

jdp710
Prolific Poster

Post by jdp710 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:46 pm

NeverQuit,

An easy was to solve this issue is to email OMG. That way OMG will know if you were a customer of his ...

Dr. Watt
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV A

Post by Dr. Watt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:08 pm

Calbruin wrote:
Question: Has anyone taken time off of lasering to ride out a shed? If so how long did you wait, and by what % decrease in the number of hairs shed did you see over that period of time?
I have cut my time down dramatically over the last month but I have not stopped. My shed seems to have followed and I don't appear to be going through a noticeable shed as I was prior. Let's see where that goes and I will post results either way.

jdp710
Prolific Poster

Post by jdp710 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Ah, hell, I won't wait and I'll just flat out say it ....

NeverQuit = LAZERFISH

You are both one and the same person.

Dr. Watt
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV A

Post by Dr. Watt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:20 pm

nidhogge wrote:All that I'm going to tell you folks is that there are some people that REALLY hate the stuff that OMG has done for the community, because they are greedy and want a piece of the pie. Lazerfish is one such person.....
Guys, please, can we stop the name calling and bickering. I think we there has been some great discussions about a problem that is definately caused by our LLLT devices. There may be folks with agendas here but I am not one of them. I am tracking many forums and the pattern of this problem jumps off the page even as the cast of characters changes. There is something about LLLT that can cause big sheds that are cosmetically signficant.

I have been losing my hair for 21 years. I have tried everything you can do to stop it and I think I have done a great job at slowing it down. I lost more hair in 2 months than I have lost in the last 2 - 3 years (at least!).

I believe in lasers. I believe they will still help me grow some of my hair back and prevent further loss. But, in order to do that I need to hear the results of what other folks are doing on this forum and their results. No way I can do this by myself.

So please, if you want to flame someone, fine. But make it short and don't re-flame over and over again. That will chase many frustrated folks away and then nobody benfits.

LAZERFISH
Occasional Poster
Xandrox

Post by LAZERFISH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Good Luck
Last edited by LAZERFISH on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

LAZERFISH
Occasional Poster
Xandrox

Post by LAZERFISH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Good Luck
Last edited by LAZERFISH on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hairy Dawgs
Occasional Poster

Post by Hairy Dawgs » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:46 pm

Would you all quit bickering and/or licking each others balls in apology? This is supposed to be about helping people with hairloss from both psychological damage as well as physical appearance.

All this drama does is hurt the entire process.

If the shedding is fake, then please, not it the hell off! You're a #$%!, if you made all this up and pure evil, if you did to hurt a fellow LLLT product designer! If you want to beat him. Be a man! Make a better product!

If it's not fake then let's work to find a solution. I find it hard to believe that the OMG helmet is the only one in the entire world that causes a shed of any way/shape/form. I do understand that it's more intense and the distance from the head should be adjusted or considered to account for the intensity. If I were anyone, even remotely concerned about a shed, start with less for three weeks, say 5-8minutes Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday is off, as well as the weekend. If that doesn't do anything, knock it up another minute and try for another 3 weeks to see results. This seems like a better solution than to fry your head. Sneak up on it until you notice it working. That should help prevent some of these problems.

Hairy Dawgs
Occasional Poster

Post by Hairy Dawgs » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Who gives a damn where you are Lazerfish! Shut the hell up! You're hurting the process from people, who genuinely want to find a solution. #$%! off!

LAZERFISH
Occasional Poster
Xandrox

Post by LAZERFISH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:49 pm

Good Luck

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:27 pm

nidhogge wrote: because they are greedy and want a piece of the pie...

What pie? Surely there are enough people losing their hair to go around?

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:38 pm

I will try to keep my posts away from any self promotion or any other uncalled for behavior.
However you will bash other people's devices, which coincidentally in the same post brings more attention to your product line. You may not be directly promoting your business but you still do.

I do find it strange that all of the sudden a couple new posters are arising all within the same time frame and basically claiming that the sky is falling. Especially since OMG was threatened by the likes of the posers who run the shill factory over at Regrowth.com. They made it clear that their mission is to "break" OMG. Like JDP said here or another thread you would have to do 80 minutes a day to receive that type of bio-inhibition.In my experience here and at the old place most people not getting results were doing something wrong. Example, Dr. Watt was using his helmet for 30 minutes 3x per week.

Hairy Dawgs
Occasional Poster

Post by Hairy Dawgs » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:42 pm

Laserfish-I shouldn't have singled you out by yourself. Everyone bickering, please stop! Laserfish was defending his product and if someone attacked my product, I would be defending it, as well.

I personally, think your product is a bit weak. However, I think OMG's is a bit strong. I think the laserclinics have it more exact than the rest of us. Let's try mimicking what is already working...if you have a laserfish product, spice it up a bit. If you have an OMG product, let's tone it down a bit and perhaps sell some diodes to the guys, who have laserfish products. Let's help each other instead of arguing about each other.

LAZERFISH
Occasional Poster
Xandrox

Post by LAZERFISH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:01 pm

Good Luck

NeverQuit
Regular Poster

Post by NeverQuit » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:51 pm

Lazerfish,
Is this true? Are you pretending to be me? Whats up with that bro?
Last edited by NeverQuit on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BrendanJ
Occasional Poster

Post by BrendanJ » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:51 pm

Looking at that 3rd picture it appears there's more hair than in the second btw. Also I find it hard to beleive a hair line can stay the same for years and then suddenly shed. I think that post was a shot at OMG I really do. His helmets are awesome and you guys know that, it is the best product out there & I too have my products which I don't advertise or compete with you guys with. But his stil is the best and I'm not going to debate that as I have one myself and it's awesome!

I've kept quiet in these forums and been watching over them from time to time. Isn't this all meant to be about helping people? Say what you will about OMG but he does tell people how to make their own & the people who buy them do so because they are unable to or can't be bothered. His website is a very high quality site and resource.

Seriously I don't see anyone else showing people how they make their products and I certainly wouldn't either. He's built his business on integrity and word of mouth. People are always asking him questions and pointing to him. I haven't seen him ever write "I sell helmets go to my site" it's always been a third party that I have witnessed, THAT'S THE BEST ADVERTISING OF ALL!!! He deserves the credit and I can't blame him for being upset because some of you people seem ungrateful or jealous, but he DOES have the best product BY FAR! I'm not stating that as an opinion but a fact!

Calbruin
Occasional Poster

Post by Calbruin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:05 pm

Haha, this is hilarious.

LAZERFISH
Occasional Poster
Xandrox

Post by LAZERFISH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Good Luck
Last edited by LAZERFISH on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:44 am, edited 6 times in total.

NeverQuit
Regular Poster

Post by NeverQuit » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:26 pm

What a minute...
Is OMG jdp710?
This is awesome!

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 pm

just commenting on those pics, nothing else, but personally i think they show exactly wat LLLT should do. first it gets worse, then it gets better. this is the same with all treatments. u cant grow back hair without first shedding some dying hairs.

the fact is that person is better off now after 8 months or watever, than he was in the first place which is wat its all about.

but certainly if people give it up when they get their first shed they may be worse off, but really those hairs were on their way out anyway, its just accelerating the process and making them shed all at once which is wats freaking people out.

LAZERFISH
Occasional Poster
Xandrox

Post by LAZERFISH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Good Luck
Last edited by LAZERFISH on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

LAZERFISH
Occasional Poster
Xandrox

Post by LAZERFISH » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:58 am

Good Luck
Last edited by LAZERFISH on Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrendanJ
Occasional Poster

Post by BrendanJ » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:49 am

Tberk, the FDA can't go after OMG as the lasers from Aixiz are FDA approved... Seriously there sounds like there's an enormous amount of jealousy here towards that guy... Fact is he's a leader in this field & he does have the best product on the market. Yes there are other alternatives but the helmet idea is very clever... I drink beer lot of it and I have a helmet and have a hand held I made both with awesome results! My hair loss has stopped so drinking can't be it lol

tonyj
Regular Poster

Post by tonyj » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:02 am

Neverquit - with lighter hair I would expect to see more of your scalp, but I can see that your hair is closing in around that vertex area.

Jedder
Occasional Poster

Post by Jedder » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:16 am

Is this thread for real?? How old are you guys?!! Its like gang against gang..... GET A GRIP!!
THE FACTS - there is no doubt that laser helmets have been beneficial.......there is also no doubt that the lazerfish design has been beneficial......there is also no doubt that some people do get a shed from lasers....FULL STOP.
The people who are shedding - quit for a couple of weeks and then try 12/13 mins twice a week whilst supplementing with magnesium.
The people who are on this site to name call and rubbish other people - please get some kind of home life and use this forum to help themselves and others. Lets draw a line.. put up or shut up with the various accusations. Anybody who does carry on this futile 'gang war' are only showing themselves up for what they are.

xyion1
Seasoned Poster

Post by xyion1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:58 am

hapyman wrote:

Why the knee-jerk reaction? Are you shedding? How long have you been doing LLLT? If something is working for you there is no need to change it because it isn't for some reason for a few. Trust me there are more people benefiting than those that aren't, even if it doesn't appear to be so. Personally I have been doing 12 minute sessions 4 times a week and it works just fine. 2x per week @ 10 minutes will not be enough in my experience and opinion.
I don't believe I'm shedding, nor do I take fin/minox, I just use lasers and not even a full helmet at that. I may bump it up to 3x 15 minutes after a week or 2 just to give my scalp a break.

Fact is, there are 5 different threads on this forum started by separate posters who ask about this same end results: a big shed after 5 months. Whether they can be taken at face value or not remains to be seen, however I'd rather err on the side of caution until the subject matter experts determine a root cause, if any.

robster
Regular Poster

Post by robster » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:02 am

Neverquit what is with the edited original photo which has obviously been photoshopped? Is this an attempt at humour? I dont believe you have been using LLLT for 8-12 months.

As for the arguing its not helping anybody at all.

Tberk im glad your "mommy" let you go play on the internet but isnt it time for your afternoon nappy nap?

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:03 am

Oh..and I am not bashing the OMG helmet. I stated my opinion, maybe a little harshly cause he has done quite more thanthat to me.
But here's the thing your directly targeting devices with large number of diodes. Who has the only helmet with a large number of diodes? Also what you state about these devices is completely false and fact-less. You are talking about too many joules this and too many diodes that. But obviously you are wrong about the science backing it up. Joules are calculated in centimeters squared so there is no difference how many diodes you have. You could potentially blanket your entire body with laser diodes and not reach bio-inhibition as long as there is minimal to no overlap of coverage. Also you are comparing apples to oranges when you compare OMGs helmets to the other clinical devices. The clinical devices are completely different as the lasers are focused. So in fact the area being hit by the focused laser is receiving more joules than a diffused laser and these clinics treat for 15-20 minutes. So whats going on here?

Lastly you are stating too many lasers but on the other side tout your HIGH POWERED lasers. One of your lasers is the equivalent of many of ours. For example if we are going to use your logic then your new scalp and face device is equivalent to 132 - 5mW laser diodes. That is almost 30 more than the clinic devices and from your past posts "in your opinion" is too many. Frankly I just see you tossing around opinions that are targeted directly towards OMG with out an basis. And you still haven't addressed JDPs post in the other thread:
This is coming from the person who is opening up a hair loss clinic in his city using Konftec hoods. The Konftec hoods with their higher powered lasers output 2000 - 2400 mW. A 300 diode OMG helmet that you always attack because you're in competition with uses 5 mW lasers which outputs 1500 mW tops.

So OMG's helmet is too powerful but the Konftec, the ones that you'll be using isn't ....?

You've said time and time again that higher powered lasers are the way to go and that Konftec has it right but it sounds like you're changing your tune now Lazerfish? So again I ask, OMG's 1500 mW helmets are too powerful at 1500 mW but Konftec's hoods that you're going to use in your clinic outputs 2400 mW isn't?

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:05 am

tonyj wrote:Neverquit - with lighter hair I would expect to see more of your scalp, but I can see that your hair is closing in around that vertex area.
Yeah I am not quite sure why you are so upset NQ. It seems to be filling in quite nicely. I am kind of in the same boat. I lost a bunch of hair but now it is filling in after 12 months of LLLT. I attribute my shed more to removing minox from my regiment though.

robster
Regular Poster

Post by robster » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:13 am

Guys! Neverquit has not been using LLLT for 8 months. This quote below was posted on september 8th (search all his posts if you want) Which makes the photo fake.

by NeverQuit
Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Today is my 5 months mark for LLLT and I have lost probably 25% of my hair in the last 3 weeks. Problem is I have very fine short blonde hair, so I can never tell when it falls. So I guess this HAS to be a shed, to loose this much so fast. All I can do is hang on and ride it out and hope for the bes...
Last edited by robster on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.