The Luce system LDS 100

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

rawhair
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Helmet 200 diodes 10 min everyotherday

The Luce system LDS 100

Post by rawhair » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:58 am

Regrowth.com Member

[ Ignore ] Hello everybody,
I´m a hairloss sufferer since I was 18,now I have 34.I have started with a helmet (200 diodes) in july.First ,I did 3*20 min a week.After the first month I noticed better hair and thicker too,but after a couple of weeks I had a huge shed and hair was a far thinner.Maybe i had an overstimulation ,so I changed my times treatments,now I follow with 10 min everyotherday and things are getting better , hairloss has stabilized somewhat also my hair is a bit thicker but I need more time to confirm this.

But I keep my attention in this study because is the only longest that I´ve found on the net, the results are remarkable too.
http://www.corporacioncapilar.es/LDS100.pdf

In this study appears that the lasers used have 940 nm ,infrared lasers (not visible for the human eye) and 660 nm red lasers (visible for the human eye).The laser device that appears in this web page has 9 modules,each module have 25 diodes (21- 940 nm infrared lasers and 4- 660 nm red lasers). This laser device has been used in Europe and USA with great results.The results; 90 % of success are amazing.The volunteers of this study where receiving them treatments twice a week for 20 min each session. The reason why they have used mixed wavelenghts appears explained here;

http://www.electrolysisandlasercenter.c ... store.html

Here is an extract; "The Luce system LDS 100 was designed to create a cleaner and healthier environment for the hair and scalp using light energy.

Light energy, when delivered at a low power frequency at different wavelengths, has a bio-stimulating effect on the body. Red light, visible to the human eye, is delivered at 660 nanometers and provides topical heat and massages the scalp allowing the pores to open. Infrared light, invisible to the human eye, is delivered at 940 nanometers and transmits deeper beyond the scalp reaching the cell structure below. The infrared light increases cellular metabolism, blood circulation and the supply of oxygen. The synergistic effect created by the two forms of light allows for an effective producer application and gives the hair its best chance for a healthy growth cycle".

If I don´t get the expected results with my actual helmet this would be a possible next step based in a really seriouss study .The`problem is that I don´t know nothing about diodes wattage,but with 20 min each session seems to be the 5 mw diodes more reasonable,but is only speculation.It would be interesting if someone more could shed more light on this (specially with the diodes characteristics).

LaserKid
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Re: The Luce system LDS 100

Post by LaserKid » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:57 am

I too would be very interested if anyone has anymore information on this device as I am considering building something similar. I assumed this device had 100 650nm lasers. However, it seems it has only 36 x 660nm lasers and 189 x 940nm IR LEDs. This correct?

Thanks for the post rawhair

tonyj
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by tonyj » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:02 am

So, for the first months you were satisfied with the results but during the during the 2nd half of month 2 you experienced the shed. You dropped your therapy sessions down to 10min every other day. Do you feel you would have minimized the shed if you dropped your session time sooner or began your lllt with a 10min a sessions? What is the wavelength of you diodes? Do you know the intensity and density? And Which company is the source of your diodes?

rawhair
Occasional Poster

Post by rawhair » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Laserkid,

Yes I think the same thing about the number of lasers (36*660 nm and 189*940 nm),but I´m not totally sure because I´ve calculated this seeing directly to the image of this laser but if my visual perception isn´t wrong those are the number of lasers.What I´m very sure is that they have mixed the two wavelenghts.We need more info to be sure before trying anything.I´m trying to get more info about this device but I don´t know even who is the manufacturer (it´ll be interesting to know the manufacturer).The technology used to manufacture this device is registred or patented,there must to exist a place to look more deeper if this information is avalaible for us.

tonyj,

The diodes I use are the aixiz ones (650 nm, 5 mw),i don´t know what would happen if I had started with 10 min session everyotherday.I only know that for me to low the treatment times is bettet,but time will tell....
I´m only experimenting,so i don´t know any f.....g s..t.

LaserKid
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by LaserKid » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Ok, I've just checked out the comparison page on the Konftec website and it seems the Luce LDS 100 contains 36 x 660nm@5mW and 189 x 940nm@5mW lasers. I've got 650nm lasers, which will have to do. Anyone know where I can get cheap-ish 940nm lasers?

http://www.konftec.com/html/EN/Laser_Ho ... arison.htm

rawhair
Occasional Poster

Post by rawhair » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Great find Laserkid,thanks

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:55 pm

LaserKid wrote:Ok, I've just checked out the comparison page on the Konftec website and it seems the Luce LDS 100 contains 36 x 660nm@5mW and 189 x 940nm@5mW lasers. I've got 650nm lasers, which will have to do. Anyone know where I can get cheap-ish 940nm lasers?

http://www.konftec.com/html/EN/Laser_Ho ... arison.htm
I'm pretty sure Aixiz has 850 or 880nm - 5mw ( I can't remember exactly), which is on the lower end of the IR scale, but they're about $20 a piece. Never looked to see if they have 940nm tho...

jdp710
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by jdp710 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:29 am

FWIW, I put together a cluster of 808 nm infrared lasers a long time ago. Yeah, the LDS 100 has a longer wavelength infrared lasers for even deeper penetration but I doubt that it would work that much better. Anyway, http://www.dealextreme.com/ use to have several infrared lasers for those that want to experiment for very cheap. Sure they might not last forever but for those looking to experiment you can't beat their prices. Ditto with higher powered 650 nm or so lasers.

Also, FWIW, infrared lasers are more as an adjunct treatment to 650 nm lasers meaning one day you'd use a cluster of IR lasers while a couple days later you'd use 650 nm lasers.

I also abandoned the infrared lasers as I never noticed anything.

P.S. don't forget to calculate how many joules you'll get with each treatment when going this route.