Only results post 5 Month mark!

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

baldy_tq
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Only results post 5 Month mark!

Post by baldy_tq » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:48 am

Hi All,

Feeling a bit down recently, going through a massive shed and my hair looks Terrible.

I started lasering early May, so its been about 5 months. My experience seems to be similar to alot of people here.

First few months hair felt great, some decent re-growth

Now in month 4-5, had a massive shed, temple have gone back at least another 30-50%.

is there anyone!? with a recovery story, I am losing hope.

Anyway we'll see after a year, I see myself looking more and more at transplants as an option now...

btw I just use laser, no topicals.

my first post

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums ... 634#151814

peterz
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Treatment Regimen: Started 9/2/09 Laser Messiah 441 diode,IH complete 100 % regimen,cut hair to 1/4 inch high,20 minutes,3 times per week.Hair damp.........OMG knows the way.After shower,before lasering, I rinse with distilled water.

Re: Only results post 5 Month mark!

Post by peterz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:00 am

How many diodes?
Duration of Laser exposure?
How many times per week?
Do you wash hair,scalp before Laser?
If so, with what?
Length of hair from scalp?
Do you get a lot of sun on your head?
Do you take internal supplements?
Is hair damp or wet prior to the lasering?

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:33 am

"Do you get a lot of sun on your head?"

Interesting.. but why? Please throw some light on this one Peterz :)

peterz
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Treatment Regimen: Started 9/2/09 Laser Messiah 441 diode,IH complete 100 % regimen,cut hair to 1/4 inch high,20 minutes,3 times per week.Hair damp.........OMG knows the way.After shower,before lasering, I rinse with distilled water.

Post by peterz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:07 am

N0rwgnKid wrote:"Do you get a lot of sun on your head?"

Interesting.. but why? Please throw some light on this one Peterz :)
Perhaps,"I am too much i' the sun".
After a lasering, the good sweaty warm feeling,( no head pumping,with this noggin!)
is very similair to lying down,top of head full on to the sun.
I would venture to say it's the same thing!!!At $1400 less!
Perhaps I need to be corrected?

NeverQuit
Regular Poster

Post by NeverQuit » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Funny how every thread asking for results always gets hijacked. I have probably posted 4 of these type of threads - so far the best response I've gotten is I had a big shed fell below baseline, but I'm really really excited about these new vellus hairs popping up all over. Sorry dude....I wish it was different, but now there are dozens of people that drank the koolaid at the same time and are entering the 6-9 month mark with 30%-50% loss. Hey, I was the most optimistic person out there about LLLT, but every day we are seeing more and more non responders. Worst is it's not just people not responding, but many are worse off.

Sure, there may be some responders - but it you really look deeper in to it, they may have; gotten a hair transplant, started propecia, and started minox at the same time. I say cut back on your treatment times as some of us are doing and see what happens. This is what I'm doing for the next 6 months - You never know, it may all come back and more. What have you got to loose? I still have plenty of koolaid in my system so I still believe in some results out of this thing. I can tell you in the last 3 weeks my hair seems healthier since I cut back to 15min twice per week. I must over emphasize "seems" healthier as I've been down this road before and EVERY time end up with less hair.

Good luck. NQ

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:59 am

NeverQuit wrote:Funny how every thread asking for results always gets hijacked. I have probably posted 4 of these type of threads - so far the best response I've gotten is I had a big shed fell below baseline, but I'm really really excited about these new vellus hairs popping up all over. Sorry dude....I wish it was different, but now there are dozens of people that drank the koolaid at the same time and are entering the 6-9 month mark with 30%-50% loss. Hey, I was the most optimistic person out there about LLLT, but every day we are seeing more and more non responders. Worst is it's not just people not responding, but many are worse off.

Sure, there may be some responders - but it you really look deeper in to it, they may have; gotten a hair transplant, started propecia, and started minox at the same time. I say cut back on your treatment times as some of us are doing and see what happens. This is what I'm doing for the next 6 months - You never know, it may all come back and more. What have you got to loose? I still have plenty of koolaid in my system so I still believe in some results out of this thing. I can tell you in the last 3 weeks my hair seems healthier since I cut back to 15min twice per week. I must over emphasize "seems" healthier as I've been down this road before and EVERY time end up with less hair.

Good luck. NQ

Now, I dont think we should go overboard here by calling out so called "non-responders". I was, I guess, one of the first to experience the "sunburn", and I was one of the first to use that expression. I started lasering around easter, doing 22 minutes 3 times a week, experiencing the sunburn feeling eveytime thinking to myself this was what everyone referred to as "soreness". I was probably doing overkill with the lasering, because, I started shedding a lot and lost a lot of ground very fast. I started doing about 12 minutes 3 times a week instead, mid-summer, when my hair was at the worst, and it has taken me uptil now to recover from it. So, its been months. What I am trying to say is, people might not be "non-responders" as being referred too, but just people with a different kind of skin(because that matters), having done too much, reaching a saturation point or whatever, I dont know, NOONE knows !. Just dont throw the lasers out the window, they've got too much potential, in my opinion. Its about finding the right dosage... perhaps at different times of the year for all we know, thats my point, one doesnt know much about the mechanisms of lasers, how dosages varies from person to person, and from tissue to tissue at differnt parts of the body etc etc.. maybe we even should treat in intervals, being three weeks on, one week off, and on and on, who knows.. just dont go there yet, where you give it up ;)

Brunz19
Seasoned Poster

Post by Brunz19 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:19 am

I recently had a thought on this too. Could it be that (like the body when working out) you could reach the 'plateau effect' if used consistently. people who do strength training (at least the ones I know), tend to work out for about 3 weeks, then take about a week to a week and a half off, then get back into it again.

This may be something worth trying.

tonyj
Regular Poster

Post by tonyj » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:02 pm

baldy_tq, I just read your post at regrowth. Have you seen a dermatologist about your hair? I find it difficult to believe that you would have MPB especially if you both your grandfathers, father and uncles have no MPB.

jdp710
Prolific Poster

Post by jdp710 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Brunz19 wrote: Could it be that (like the body when working out) you could reach the 'plateau effect' if used consistently.
I've never heard of any plateau effects in any kind of studies if the tissue is unhealthy. Heatlhy yes, but I've never heard in unhealthy.

Here's some quotes of what I mean:

"compromised cells and tissues respond more readily than healthy cells or tissues."

"Cells and tissues that are ischemic and poorly perfused as a result of inflammation, edema and injury have been shown to have a significantly higher response to LLLT irradiation than normal healthy structures."

"The result being that LLLT has a significant effect on damaged cells and tissues while normative biological constituents are appreciably less affected."

more info = http://laserthera.com/how_does_lllt_work.htm