Guling diodes into helmet?

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

thSman
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Guling diodes into helmet?

Post by thSman » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:43 am

I now I've asked this question before but I just want to make sure as I got a few mixed messages last time.
I've all 490 diodes in my helmet now with some of the level 2 connections soldered and heatshrinked but they do seem to come loose a little and the odd one pops out.This is fixable but a bit of a pain so is it worth while gluing em in?
I'm worried about diode failures if there glued in,super glue will just destroy the foamie if I ever need to remove a failed diode.
There all aixiz diodes.whats the failure rate on them? What do you guys think on the matter? and is there another suitable glue,say a high tack substance but not a glue.
I just think to give the helmet longevity the diodes should be more fixed.

Thanks

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Re: Guling diodes into helmet?

Post by hapyman » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:54 am

The failure rate for the newer diodes is pretty low at least from what I hear. I think it is ok to glue them but make sure you use something that isn't permanent, maybe something like elmer's. Super glue would be ideal but if you ever have to replace a diode you may ruin your helmet by pulling the diode out. Although I think OMG used just a small drop of super glue on each of his and it worked fine. The drop was enough to hold it in but not too much to make it hard to remove. Either way I would experiment before doing you whole helmet. Maybe get a separate piece of material and try different glues and then remove the diodes. That way you could see which one would work best.

thSman
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Re: Guling diodes into helmet?

Post by thSman » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:45 pm

Thanks for that .Im going to go with the elmers glue its just thatit will take a few days to do with that stuff as it takes 4 hrs to set :(