Positive sensation after LLLT

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

robster
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Positive sensation after LLLT

Post by robster » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:31 am

I just lasered half an hour ago and have this really positive, nice senation on my scalp. Cant really explain it any other way! Anyway im sure this equates to something beneficial.

Does anybody else feel like this after LLLT?

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Re: Positive sensation after LLLT

Post by hapyman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:26 am

Definitely. That is what I shoot for everytime. Over time that sensation will prolong itself and eventually you will feel that way all the time.

robster
Regular Poster

Post by robster » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:41 am

Is this basically what people are also referring to as "soreness" or head pump", I wouldnt call it soreness myself but quite a nice feeling. The last two times I lasered I only noticed this after using a pre-laser topical of olive oil and lemon juice, when I didnt use this there was no positive sensation at all after.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:42 pm

Interesting. It's nice to see people are still experimenting with pre-laser topicals. Keep us updated.

That sensation usually occurs right after but soreness is more of a delayed response. You will notice it when it happens. It can actually take some time to build up to that for new LLLT users. It took me awhile to feel that sensation and now I don't even get it all the time. I reckon there is some physiological changes happening with the scalp muscles and over time they become accustomed to the stimulation.

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:58 pm

hapyman or anyone that can answer,

Do you know which pre-laser topical OMG uses to get the best head pump? Was it emu and polysorb 80?

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:51 pm

Actually he was using a mixture of polysorbate 80 and alcohol I believe. I think he started a thread about it in the LLLT section, you may want to check it out.

But if what you are doing now seems to be working I would stick with it. Or it may be worth a shot to try a couple times and see what happens.

robster
Regular Poster

Post by robster » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:22 pm

hapyman wrote:Actually he was using a mixture of polysorbate 80 and alcohol I believe. I think he started a thread about it in the LLLT section, you may want to check it out.

But if what you are doing now seems to be working I would stick with it. Or it may be worth a shot to try a couple times and see what happens.
Happyman what are you using for a pre-laser topical? Also do you laser with a dry or moist / wet scalp?

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:36 am

I usually just stick to a nice clean scalp. It is usually right after a shower so it is still mildly damp. But it may be good to experiment and find the best solution for you.

robster
Regular Poster

Post by robster » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:57 am

Hapyman what shampoo do you use before lasering?

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:00 pm

For my main shampoo I have been using Dr. Bronner's Castille Soap for awhile now. Either the TTO or Eucalyptus variety. It works good as body soap too. Also a couple of times per week I use the product below and it does a better job of removing sebum and leaves your scalp feeling nice and cool. The trick is not to use it too often as it can dry out your hair and scalp. Almost forgot that to mention that I have been messing around with my own clay concoctions that are similar to scalpure and it does a good job of cleaning the scalp before LLLT too.
Hairever I Cleansing Scalp Treatment for Healthy Hair Growth.

Unclogs Hair Follicles. Reduces Hair Breakage. Thinning hair often starts at the scalp when hair follicles become clogged by dried oils (Sebum), fatty acids and hair care product build-up. Hairever Cleansing Scalp Treatment is a special blend of essential vitamins and emulsifying oils designed to unclog follicles by dissolving these damaging compounds and gently rinsing them away, thus reducing hair breakage at the scalp line and encouraging healthy hair growth.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, PPG-2- Ceteareth-9, Linoleamide DEA, Menthol, Retinol (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Arachidonic (and) Linoleic Acid (and) Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F), Biotin (Vitamin H), Calcium D-Panthothenate (Vitamin B-3), Inositol (Vitamin B-8).

Prolific Poster
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure

Post by 1..... » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Now that I have been lasering, I can feel my veins pumping in my head which means that lasers are working I guess. But my question is, could this be a bad thing for my health? Or do non-mpb people normally have a pump like this and mbp people dont unless they use lasers? I'm just curious bc it can kinda get annoying having my veins pumping so hard.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:45 am

Nothing to worry about. It is just an increase in blood flow and vasodilation. Plus it is just temporary. Actually when I use lasers on my veins (Laser Blood Irradiation) I get the same effect except it is my whole body. Feels great too since poor circulation runs in the family.

robster
Regular Poster

Post by robster » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:47 pm

So thats what the feeling is an increase in blood flow, ive been wondering what it precisely is. Ive had a pretty intense "head pump" for the last couple of hours after lasering, which ive only had once before.

I normally laser with a wet scalp after washing my hair then use a pre-laser topical, today I towelled dried my hair and then once dry then used an olive oil and lemon juice mix. Didnt use any pre-shampoo clay today. Just mentioning this as I do think think the pre-laser routine is important and im still fine-tuning mine.

Prolific Poster
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure

Post by 1..... » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:59 pm

hapyman,

is it possible that lllt is good for the brain and its functions?

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:14 pm

Yes quite possibly. Too what extent no one knows. They are currently experimenting with more powerful lasers for psychiatric diseases, autism, brain damage, and others.

If you have chronic fatigue or anything similar I highly suggest trying LBI. Just need one or two diodes and you are off. I could post on how to do it. It's really easy.

Prolific Poster
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure

Post by 1..... » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:43 pm

what is LBI?

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:24 am

Laser Blood Irradiation. Basically you use a laser diode on blood vessels, irradiating the blood.

Prolific Poster
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure

Post by 1..... » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:51 pm

hapyman,

I feel the blood pumping on the side of my head by my eyes. It had actually been quite annoying because it causes my eyes to sorta of move or twitch a slight bit. It is annoying in class when I am trying to pay attension but I have all this blood pumping right by my eyes. Have you are anyone experienced this? And does this go away? I am 1 month into lasering btw.

robster
Regular Poster

Post by robster » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:09 pm

Hapyman how often do you experience the head pump sensation with LLLT? Is it every time after LLLT?

hapyman wrote:Nothing to worry about. It is just an increase in blood flow and vasodilation. Plus it is just temporary. Actually when I use lasers on my veins (Laser Blood Irradiation) I get the same effect except it is my whole body. Feels great too since poor circulation runs in the family.

robster
Regular Poster

Post by robster » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:12 pm

Hmm i have noticed my left eye twitching a bit recently, but it could just be my eyesight problems anyway. Ive never felt what you describe, ive only had the head pump sensation on my scalp and only twice noticeably so far.

1..... wrote:hapyman,

I feel the blood pumping on the side of my head by my eyes. It had actually been quite annoying because it causes my eyes to sorta of move or twitch a slight bit. It is annoying in class when I am trying to pay attension but I have all this blood pumping right by my eyes. Have you are anyone experienced this? And does this go away? I am 1 month into lasering btw.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:04 am

I never feel anything with the eyes. Not sure about your devices but you want to make sure that you are getting minimal exposure to your eyes. Even continued residual light.

@robster: Hard to say if I feel it every time. I do feel a slight pump almost every time and I still do get slightly sore, usually on my second day. I am on a different protocol now so that is why it is usually on the second day.

robster
Regular Poster

Post by robster » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:09 am

Are you still doing: day on, day on then day off? For 10 - 12 minutes? This is what im currently doing.
hapyman wrote:
@robster: Hard to say if I feel it every time. I do feel a slight pump almost every time and I still do get slightly sore, usually on my second day. I am on a different protocol now so that is why it is usually on the second day.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:37 pm

Yes. Recently I bumped to 12 minutes , 12 minutes, off... and this feels better.