Looking for a laser please help

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

ComeOnPropy
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Propecia 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% twice Daily
Nizoral 2% 3-4 times weekly
Looking to add laser

Looking for a laser please help

Post by ComeOnPropy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:47 am

Hello everyone am new to these forums usually post over at HLT forums. Nice to meet you all have lerked this forum since the original A&g thread started and now im having a keen interest in laser. Can someone help me to find the perfect one, what models are out there i hear that someone in your forum creates a great laser. Does that person have a contact or can they reply to this and let me know how much to order one. Im looking at starting the laser asap.

Thanks guys.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Re: Looking for a laser please help

Post by hapyman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:38 am

In my opinion the best way to go is to make one yourself. There are DIY instructions posted over at http://www.overmachogrande.com. It has a list of everything you would need to create one yourself and there are plenty of us around that would be more than willing to help you through the process. I really think there is something positive to be gained by building one yourself. There is a sense of satisfaction and a feeling of "owning up" to it.

With that being said if you can't build one yourself or lack the necessary skills I would recommend contacting the guy who made the site above. He makes them on the side for anyone who can not undertake the process themselves. He only charges labor if I remember correctly too. His email is lasermessiah@lasermessiah.com

Frankly his design is the best bang for the buck. The lasermax is grossly underpowered and overpriced for the amount of diodes it has. I made my cluster of 70 lasers for a fraction of the price of a 50 diode lasermax. I am hoping to soon save up and upgrade to an OMG design helmet that I will probably construct myself.

3rdin2horserace
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Treatment Regimen: Super Zix twice a day

Post by 3rdin2horserace » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:18 pm

hapyman:

I have been trying to conatct OMG for over six weeks now, he responded a couple of times. Then he had the surgery, and I haven't heard from him since. Does anybody know if he is doing okay?

OMG, hope everything is good bro

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Last time I talked to him he was still recovering. He should be coming back from his hiatus later this week. It may then take him a couple days to catch up on emails and such. Hang in there I am sure he will get to you.