Hoping laser helmet will help with mid-scalp to crown

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

PiRaTe T
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Hoping laser helmet will help with mid-scalp to crown

Post by PiRaTe T » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Hello

I am going into month 3 using a laser helmet..

I wanted to show the board what my mid-scalp and crown area look like.. you can see the thinning right down the middle.. Now when i comb my hair straight back now, you can see thinning in the crown.

Does anyone have a similar case of hair thinning to mine and have been using the laser helmet? How soon would I see results in this area, using the laser helmet ONLY.. I dont use topicals or pills and do not intend to.

I am hoping this area will fill in and wanted some feedback with someone who has same problem then used helmet..
I noticed since using helmet, area has become even thinner..which I am hoping will eventually be a good sign.
I put arrows in to show the direction the thinning is..I've parted the hair so it can be viewed more easily.

Image Image

Image Image

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Hoping laser helmet will help with mid-scalp to crown

Post by hapyman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:05 am

It seems that there are some who go through a shed in the early days of LLLT. This is most likely the hairs turning over. I have every reason to believe that all of the hair I shed is going to grow back and more. And I am a slow responder. Judging by your hair color I wouldn't be surprised if you had earlier results.

I would give it 6-9 months before you start looking for other answers. But one thing you can do to maximize your results is to make sure that you are not deficient in magnesium. You can either add a high quality magnesium supplement or get some magoil. Magoil is the superior option and will assimilate into your body much quicker.

Also, as always, make sure you are properly cleaning your scalp/hair before your LLLT. Dirty scalp/hair = No Results!