Hair Forest

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

medstudent 21
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: LASERS ONLY

Hair Forest

Post by medstudent 21 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:24 pm

I was looking the other day, and i have a FOREST litereally a forest of vellus hairs all over my scalp. You can see them through the bright light and they once were thick hairs with my hair density being reallly really thick. idk why they are there and whats going on with them but im at 3 months, you think that they will grow back into terminal hairs with continued laser use?

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Re: Hair Forest

Post by hapyman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 am

Yes I do because they are starting to grow back on my head too. It will take some time and they seem to grow slowly but they should. I have had quite a few of them turn terminal already but there are more to go.

Sonic74
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Lasers

Post by Sonic74 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:01 pm

happyman,
sorry if I missed that....in which month on lasering are you ?
are you on 10th month ? and if so....did you saw any good sign on the 6 month mark ???

thanks

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hapyman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:24 pm

I am over a year now. The 10 month mark is where I finally started stabilizing and notice some regrowth. So it took awhile. I had an up and down first 6 months partly because I stopped my minox/fin topical but who knows. My scalp felt like it was always improving but my itch wasn't under control completely. It seems to be pretty stable now or much more so since I first started. At six months I did notice some cosmetic thickness and some vellus hairs but nothing terminal. I was also still shedding on and off at that time too though.