OMG or Chuck Maricle, Laser for Scar reduction

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

raw1973
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

OMG or Chuck Maricle, Laser for Scar reduction

Post by raw1973 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:33 am

To OMG, Chuck Maricle or anyone w/ experience or knowledge in the treatment of scar reduction/ treatment.

I recently had surgery on scalp last week which left a large incision over top of head, similiar to transplant scar. I have a lasermax 90 for hairloss but I'm trying to reduce scar formation at the moment. I know there is a lot of research on LLLT on wound healing and some studies show inhibitory effect w/ overuse.

I have been using 10min a day, but thinking to increase to 2 x day. I found a study using LLLT on young boy w/ wounds to the face which reduced scar formation to a minimum. I believe they did 10 min 2x day, but not sure how much energy (joules) were used.

Question is could someone explain how many Joules I have in my Lasermax 90 and how long would I use for scar reduction?

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: OMG or Chuck Maricle, Laser for Scar reduction

Post by hapyman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:08 pm

Tough to calculate how many joules you have. You may want to just stick to the 10 minutes as that will help aid the healing process and you are catching it really early so there may not be much of a scar formed. I would say if you had some spare laser diodes to construct a little strip of them so you could directly treat the scar but it sounds like you probably don't have them. Maybe order some from Aixiz. That way you could treat the scar everyday and avoid over stimulating the surrounding areas.

Also Emu Oil is very good for burns and scars. It would be a great addition to add to the scar nightly.