635 better than 650?

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

todd gak
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

635 better than 650?

Post by todd gak » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:00 am

Found an interesting post at another site and wanted some opinions on the poster's results and comments.

"Yes. I am at a loss for words. I took my "after" pictures a couple days ago. I'm not going to lie...I cried from being so happy. I did pushups, put up drywall and did other manly things afterwards to make up for it... I am not done though, as I will continue my treatment...but I wanted to share my progress.
Here are my before and after pictures: http://mystorymarketing.tv/beforeafter.html

I hope I didn't break any rules by putting a link in here... I would love to hear what you guys think though. Again, these are "progress" pictures...i'm not done yet.

I am a LONG time reader of these forums and a first time poster. I think I'm going to be the first person to actually post after they have had success... Usually everybody posts and the ones who succeed in growing their hair don't have use for the forums anymore and don't come back.

I have been a reader for a long time. I'm 27 now and started losing my hair when I was 17 or so. It hit me hard. I obsessed so much about my hair. I never ever wanted to go out. I never committed to any social events because I couldn't stand the thought of anybody seeing me. I was severely depressed. It "took" my life for as long as I can remember.

That led me on the journey that I share with a lot of you. I started trying everything to fix my hair. Over the past 9 years or so I have gone back and forth with so many things. Here is a list of stuff I can remember:

Rogaine. Dr. Lee's 15 % Rogaine Scalpmed Promox Propecia Avodart Lasermax haircomb BX 3.4 helmet Tricomin Fabao 101 FNS Laser Clinic from transitionsindy.com

I even invested in the telomerase stuff from igrowhair.com (guys I actually went and met this guy when I was in Miami.) This is guy is crazy brilliant. He says it's almost done. If it doesn't work, this man is incredibly convinced that it will. So he's not intentionally scamming people...

This is just what I can remember. I've have tried a lot of stuff that really didn't work for me. I also will be the first to admit that I've never really stuck to a regimen until recently. I would try things and then give up on them.

So I remember a few years ago when I was stumbling around trying to find "the next greatest thing." That's when I found Will Gaunitz. You guys speak highly of him here I know. Anyways I was amazed at the before and after pictures. It was crazy. So I called him up and asked him a billion questions.

This guy knows his stuff. He is incredibly smart and has done more research on hair loss than anybody I know. I learned about laser hair growth and why most people can't seem to have success with hair growth. For example, he was telling me that 635 is way better than 650 for hair growth. Anything over that is wasted and actually diminishes the results. He has tested this with so many people. He actually would bring people in from Phoenix just for testing. Also, the number of diodes to use and length of time depends on what color hair you have. If you have blond hair you can't go over a certain number of diodes or frequency of use or you are doing killing you hair. It was really fascinating stuff. I really learned that there is no cookie cutter approach to everybody though.

Back to my story...I remembered a few years ago all I wanted was to get one of those lasers. They aren't cheap. I remember Will even showing me an invoice for what he pays for the diodes. I'm not going to give away prices or anything like that but they are expensive. They work though! I couldn't afford it back in the day. I tried to get some people around me invest in a hair company so I could bring it to Indiana. All I wanted to do was use the machine. I even asked Will for a 9 month job so I could use it. True Story.

To make a long story short, I moved to California and my marketing businesses took off...in a big way. I made a lot of money real quick. The first thing I did was get a laser. I started this process in March of this year and you can see the results speak for themselves. It's amazing.

Here is my regimen: Laser on Monday and Thursday Propecia everyday Spectral DNC every morning and night.

Anyways...I don't work for the company or get paid. I am just so happy that I finally am growing my hair back. This is my way of giving back to you guys as you guys share so much. So thank you guys again. Do with it what you will. Some of you are going to think I work for them or get paid for this. That's fine. Others will know that I am just trying to help.

So again thank you all...for all that you do. I hope this is of benefit to some of you.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: 635 better than 650?

Post by OverMachoGrande » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:23 pm

I don't understand why the recent upswing in interest of these 635 nm diodes. I've gotten some emails about it recently, too. We've covered this a good bit in the forums before, but it seems that someone came to some forum somewhere and started hitting this pretty hard, and since the old information is lost by "database corruption" at an old, cruddy forum, maybe it's time to bring back the science.

Just to clarify, I'm sure the 635's DO WORK. Just to clarify further, approaching the 660nm level is what has been determined as "optimal" -not by a company or a person in the forums, but by a HUGE body of independent data on biostimulation of human tissue.

The statement:
Anything over [650nm] ...is wasted and actually diminishes the results
...is NOT scientifically verified at all. Not by "better results", not by science, not by anything. Just a reminder... Will Gaunitz is the man that sells a ONE DIODE LASER BRUSH for something like $2500!!! lol...

Guys, come on. Make a helmet with 635 diodes if you want to -I'm all for that- but don't let ANYTHING rock the world of knowledge that WE -the people NOT involved in any sort of sales (at the time I didn't make helmets for others)- put together in lieu of someone that has the most overpriced laser equipment out there that has one person -who may very well be 100% honest- sharing their experiences.

Based on the amount I've heard about this lately, he definitely hit a chord with some people, and that's fantastic, but I'm just not buying that the expensive 635 magic diodes that this guy uses can trump our positive laser testimonials thread: http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... =31&t=1290

If I turned my OverMachoGrande.com site into a storehouse of before/after pictures from the 650nm diodes, then I think this would be just obliterated.[/u] I don't even want to put before/after pictures on that site anyway because I only want proactive thinkers that know how to do a five minute search to find the "positive laser testimonials" thread to be involved in this anyway. It helps us all when only non-spoonfed people are doing this.

I understand it's in everyone's nature to keep looking for that pot of gold, and I understand that this laser stuff SHOULD ALWAYS BE A "WORK IN PROGRESS", and we should NEVER be afraid to evolve... but please.

Does anyone REALLY THINK that there is something magic about "Will's expensive diodes?" Again, I don't want to attack "Jimmy" because he might be a future pal of mine one day for all I know, but his site is about how to make money on the internet. Yeah, I know... that's "low hanging fruit" to say that and I feel dirty for pointing that out, but again... based on the emails I've gotten, someone "seems" to be pushing a type of diode without offering any sort of real evidence as to why, other than a patent-holding laser clinic owner is saying so. That's generally not the way we as a community roll.

-John (O.M.G.)
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by OverMachoGrande » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:37 pm

Oh, I will get in touch with AiXiZ to see what sort of deal they can provide on 5mw/635 nm diodes, though. I'd like to actually have some people test that, although I think this "635nm is better than 650" from Gaunitz is the EXACT SAME THING as Konftec's "5mW diodes are too weak to work" type of thing. No science, just touting the design that they make.

I'll READILY admit that I'm wrong if I am. Shoot, I had to make a reconciliatory post to Scalpure the other day because I was WRONG about two of the reasons I was angry at them, and even though I wasn't exactly happy about having to say "I was wrong", I still did it -that's what being a man is about. ...But I just don't think the slander against Dr. Maricle, the removal of all of my links/pictures/graphics/studies to my OverMachoGrande.com site, Lazerfish's posting like he's on a caffeine high the second I was gone from Regrowth, the pushing of the hairmax laser comb, and now [what I see to be as] "pushing" of 635 nm diodes without any evidence except that Gaunitz says so is really just coincidence. No, I don't think they are necessarily tied together, but I think that the once common element here is that the erroneous perception that the guy who brought awareness to "true" laser therapy is temporarily down and out, so let's all make our moves as quick as we can to try to gobble up as much ground as we can -because it's all about money (and possibly ego) with them.

Sorry that I see it that way, but I just don't think that any of this would have happened three months ago.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

jksl
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Post by jksl » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

OverMachoGrande wrote:Oh, I will get in touch with AiXiZ to see what sort of deal they can provide on 5mw/635 nm diodes, though.
Please do, that would be awesome. I wanna try using a cluster of lasers to use it in zones. I need to get the sides, back, and nape of the neck hairs.