laser devices or infrared device for hairloss?

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

Pete2
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

laser devices or infrared device for hairloss?

Post by Pete2 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:37 am

This is a totally new field to me - can someone on the board give me the low down of the devices available on the market that people should consider ie laser devices or infra red?

Regards
Pete

Tberk
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine Foam. Emu oil. Propecia
starting Scalpure and lllt

Re: laser devices or infrared device for hairloss?

Post by Tberk » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:38 am

I am learning about it also but I have not heard about Infra red? Isn't that the beam thats in a remote control? LOL!!! :D

NeverQuit
Regular Poster

Post by NeverQuit » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Guys,
FAR Infrared is part of the invisible spectrum of the sun/LLLT is visible light. Infrared heat penetrates soft tissues up to 1.5" and is measured at 9.4 microns and does not heat your skin but rather distributes heat inside your cells up to 1.5". Yes, you will have an increased circulation throughout the scalp while using infrared treatment as well as your whole body, so anything that could benefit from an increase in circulation will see results.

I purchased an infrared sauna a few months ago and ended up becoming a distributor because I became so passionate about the results. I'm not speaking of hair here, just other benefits. I'm not here to sell anyone a sauna, but if you have any questions on infrared heat, I guess, I'd be the best one to answer your questions. I have been using the sauna for 3 months and just started using it right before LLLT. I do get a major head pump if I LLLT after using the sauna due to the blood already circulation in my scalp. Not sure if this is good or bad, but it is happening.

In a nutshell, I would say:

Far Infrared /Invisible heat at 9.4 microns = Increase in blood flow/toxin removal
LLLT / Visible light = Hair Growth (I hope)

I do believe there are added benefits to using both, but I will hold my results until October which will be my 6 month mark.

Tberk
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine Foam. Emu oil. Propecia
starting Scalpure and lllt

Post by Tberk » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:42 am

Thanks neverquit. I look forward to seeing
your results!!

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:59 am

NeverQuit wrote:Guys,
FAR Infrared is part of the invisible spectrum of the sun/LLLT is visible light. Infrared heat penetrates soft tissues up to 1.5" and is measured at 9.4 microns and does not heat your skin but rather distributes heat inside your cells up to 1.5". Yes, you will have an increased circulation throughout the scalp while using infrared treatment as well as your whole body, so anything that could benefit from an increase in circulation will see results.

I purchased an infrared sauna a few months ago and ended up becoming a distributor because I became so passionate about the results. I'm not speaking of hair here, just other benefits. I'm not here to sell anyone a sauna, but if you have any questions on infrared heat, I guess, I'd be the best one to answer your questions. I have been using the sauna for 3 months and just started using it right before LLLT. I do get a major head pump if I LLLT after using the sauna due to the blood already circulation in my scalp. Not sure if this is good or bad, but it is happening.

In a nutshell, I would say:

Far Infrared /Invisible heat at 9.4 microns = Increase in blood flow/toxin removal
LLLT / Visible light = Hair Growth (I hope)

I do believe there are added benefits to using both, but I will hold my results until October which will be my 6 month mark.

Those beenfits aside - Im wondering if a simple infrared lamp would help preping the scalp up before application of a topical.

Regards
Pete