Will Laser Helmet help fill in FUE Transplant from Aug.08

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

PiRaTe T
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Will Laser Helmet help fill in FUE Transplant from Aug.08

Post by PiRaTe T » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:42 am

Hello Forum

I had an FUE transplant in my frontal hair line in August 2008. It has now been a year and I am not totally happy with the results. My main problem is most of the hair seems to be see through and I don't like how it has made my front hairline look. I have included some pics so everyone can see the problem I am alluding to. Its has been exactly a year..so I am concerned that it will get much better

My main question is...I recently got a laser helmet from OMG. I was wondering if OMG himself or if someone else can let me know..will the laser helmet be able to make these FUE transplanted hair look more natural? Possibly fill in some of the spaces of the hairline? Or by getting a transplant in that area hurt my chances of having it look better? i didn't know if once the doctor puts transplants in an area..if there is anyway for other hairs to grow from that area..or if those chances are eliminated once the doctor disturbs the area.

Would the laser helmet help these transplanted hairs look thicker and make the frontal hairline look more filled in? I really don't want another transplant..I am hoping the laser might be able to correct this problem..thanks again for your time. I am most concerned that the transplant looks very noticeable..I want it to look MORE filled in along the hairline...it seems too spacy the way it is now..will laser be able to possibly fill some of these gaps in?

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

I know sometimes a 2nd transplant is needed to fill things in more...but I only had very limited hair loss to begin with.. I actually wish i would have tried the laser helmet before i ever got a transplant...now i am just hoping this OMG laser helmet i have will help with this problem..

OMG...anyone else..think laser helmet can fill this hairline in more?

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Will Laser Helmet help fill in FUE Transplant from Aug.08

Post by hapyman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:26 pm

It's a good possibility. OMG had great results using his helmet with his transplant. It will take some months but I bet you get some good small hairs to help fill that area in and make it look more natural. Keep us posted on your results.

Awaiting Regrowth
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Awaiting Regrowth » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:35 am

Hi mate.

I am using the laser helmet at the moment and I am waiting to see any change before I give my verdict so I can't help there.

However, I would do 2 things if I was you. When you have ANY cosmetic surgery you enter a contract where you should be happy with the results, I would go back to your surgeon and say you are not happy. Also I would change your hairstyle. Shorter hair will always make your hair appear denser.

Good luck

A

PiRaTe T
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by PiRaTe T » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:33 am

Thanks for the replies...

I have cut my hair shorter since those pictures..and it does look a little better..

Happman...I hope I am able to get some growth between the transplants to make it look more filled in.. I was hoping OMG might respond and let me know what he thinks about that possibility..

I am in a somewhat different boat than him....he just had his transplant a few months ago..and he is using the helmet to help accelerate the process and it appears he is getting great results so far..

But for myself..it has been exactly a year already...and I am trying to see if after this extent of time if it will grow hair in the area of the transplant..I am only 6 weeks into using the helmet..I can't wait until month 6-8 and beyond as I am confident it will work