Guys going through shed

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

medstudent 21
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: LASERS ONLY

Guys going through shed

Post by medstudent 21 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:30 am

This ones for awaiting regrowth and duck,

Like me i think you guys are going through a severe shed. Something i noticed today that i might share with you, is that my doctor prescribed me 2%nizoral crean which i have been using on my temples and face after showering. I think its working! For me i have severe inflamation which is contributing to my massive shed, and i really believe that if you can control this inflamation it might help. The hairs i shed usually ahve this bulbous fleshy sebum monster. Im hoping with lasers this inflamtion will stop all together.Just a thought i wanted to share.

Awaiting Regrowth
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Re: Guys going through shed

Post by Awaiting Regrowth » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:21 am

Hi Med

I USED to get a white bulb on the end of the hair shaft until I started using Alpecin shampoo and lotion. By no means am I promoting this stuff, as I only chose it because I saw it in a paper advertisement. It's caffeine based and when I first started using it it burnt like hell! I have also used nizoral shampoo which is meant to be really good for improving hair strength etc. Topicals is an area I have never really utilised to be honest, but I am sticking to what I know.

I hope lasers work for both our sakes! Take it easy dude.

A

LaserKid
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Re: Guys going through shed

Post by LaserKid » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:51 pm

I think I may have something similar. My head itches like crazy, all the time. And I'm also losing a lot of hairs, not only from the top but also from the sides. I've tried all the shampoos for dandruff, T-gel, head & shoulders etc, but nothing seems to work. I've just bought some nizoral off the internet, hopefully that will bring me some relief. How many times a week are you guys using it? I've also bought some SLS free shampoo and a Jojoba oil, which I'm gonna put on my scalp. Apparently it's pretty good for this sort of thing.

For me, most of the itching is at the back of the scalp, mostly around my crown. I have little or no itching at the front. Just thinking ahead, when I get my laser device sorted out, do I need to cover these areas to get relief from itching? I am assuming I do, but I'm just curious as to whether anyone has had relieved the itchiness in areas not covered by the laser device?

BTW, I bought the head & shoulders that designed for hair loss. Don't use it. It made me shed a lot. As do all the H&S for that matter!