FINALLY finished my laser device 2.0...took me forever. check out the pics and tell me what you think!

Discuss the use of laser therapy for fighting hair loss. If you're using a purchased device, or a laserbrush or helmet that you've made yourself, discuss it here.

Moderator: moderators

DarkwingDuck
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: LAAAAAZZZEERRRRRZZZZZZZZ

just starting out

FINALLY finished my laser device 2.0...took me forever. check out the pics and tell me what you think!

Post by DarkwingDuck » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:37 am

Photo 11.jpg
Photo 11.jpg (69.28 KiB) Viewed 11301 times
Photo 12.jpg
Photo 12.jpg (102.68 KiB) Viewed 11299 times
I finally finished building my laser "helmet" version 2. It has 210 diodes and everything is secured with super glue. I even soldered the connections. I did my first treatment yesterday for 20 minutes x 2 zones with damp hair.

I'll post up progress in this thread as time goes by. I have some pics of my current hair loss in this thread @ RG: http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums ... =1&t=24388

jdp710
Prolific Poster

Re: FINALLY finished my laser device 2.0...took me forever. check out the pics and tell me what you think!

Post by jdp710 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:12 am

I like how you did the wiring ... I did the exact same thing and I like it better! Not to mention, it reduces weight.

Don't forget to put on liquid electrical tape or the regular electrical tape on the connections.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: FINALLY finished my laser device 2.0...took me forever. check out the pics and tell me what you think!

Post by OverMachoGrande » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:13 am

Hey, man!

That's awesome! That's pretty much the same principle I used for my transplant scar device, too, except I didn't come up with the "hair net" wiring plan! That's cool , and you should tell us more about that!

-O.M.G.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

medstudent 21
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Treatment Regimen: LASERS ONLY

Post by medstudent 21 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:54 am

Nice nice, How is your hair looking these days? i just hit my two month mark

LaserKid
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by LaserKid » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Sweet! Did you get that black foam pre-cut from aixiz? I'm thinking of doing the same. Do you think I could use that stuff but make it into more of a helmet shape?

DarkwingDuck
Occasional Poster

just starting out

Post by DarkwingDuck » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:41 pm

@laserkid - Yes, I used the precut template from Aixiz, but it's not actually foam. It's more of a rubbery mat (about the thickness of a table placemat). It was a little difficult to glue all the lasers into it, but I REALLY did not want to cut holes into foam again. Also, yes I think you could construct a helmet shape with relative ease.

@medstudent - my hair is okay i guess--I just finished week 1 of laser treatment so obviously I can't report anything from that. I need to figure out a way to manage my itch though...I'm pretty sure my scalp has been inflamed for quite some time / I might have some kind of dermatitis or scalp skin condition...I'll probably see a derm this week and have them take a look. I want to report updates on my laser treatment at the 3 month mark (early november). I did laser therapy before with a MUCH %&$! device that I made and I def saw some improvement @ the 2.5 month mark (that was the longest i did therapy).

@OMG - I will upload a a detailed picture of how I wired it, along with some notes drawn in so others can use it as a reference. It's suuuuper easy.

@jdp - Yes, tape shall come soon....i've been risking it w/o tape so far but I know thats not a great idea haha.

DarkwingDuck
Occasional Poster

just starting out

Post by DarkwingDuck » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:45 pm

oh also, for the record, lasers are the only treatment i've ever used for hair loss.

I will be starting a strict diet as of tomorrow though (gonna start p90x). I have a feeling diet will help me with inflammation. especially since right now i have a buttload of dairy food even though almost all of my family has reactions to dairy products.

also no more booze from tmrw on :(

Heath
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Ketoconazole 2% Biotin Supplements, LLLT, Regenepure DR shampoo, tretanion/minox mix

Post by Heath » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:15 pm

Hey-Seems like you guys are making your own device. I do not have the time. Are you making your own becuase they are too expensive to buy? How much do they cost if you buy a complete device and where can I buy one? How much time a day do I need to commit to it? Where can I see some result pictures?
I was on the hairmax site but i am looking for something more powerful that I can just put on my head.. What are the side effects? Dangers??Thanks-Heath

DarkwingDuck
Occasional Poster

just starting out

Post by DarkwingDuck » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:25 am

man so i snapped and i shaved my head down to the skin...with a razor and everything. just finished a laser session. brain hurts, lol.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 am

DarkwingDuck wrote:man so i snapped and i shaved my head down to the skin...with a razor and everything. just finished a laser session. brain hurts, lol.
I used my face device once right after I shaved, and GOOD LORD... I'll never do that again! lol...
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

DarkwingDuck
Occasional Poster

just starting out

Post by DarkwingDuck » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 am

yeah if i've ever felt soreness, it was yesterday. I'm assuming the shaving helped exfoliate /clean my scalp in preparation for the lasering. I think until I grow back a little more stubble, I'm going to use the same Purpose cleanser that I use on my face for my scalp as well, in order to remove some sebum.

On a side note, after shaving my head I can see a whole bunch of small red bumps. Almost like pimples, but more like just irritated skin...anyways after seeing what I look like shaved, i'm more motivated than ever to be consistent with lasering lol.

DarkwingDuck
Occasional Poster

just starting out

Post by DarkwingDuck » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:26 pm

update: my Purpose cleanser isn't working well enough to replicate the soreness I got right after shaving...I need to find a more effective way to remove dead skin cells and sebum pre-lasering. I'm considering bentonite clay from what i've been reading...any other suggestions?

From what I've witnessed, I really think there is a correlation between having a "fresh scalp" so to speak and soreness from laser treatments. Maybe part of the reason some people don't get sore is because their scalps produce more sebum than those who do get sore. The clear solution to this is to find a way to get a sebum/ dead skin cell free scalp pre-treatment...

hopeful19
Regular Poster

Post by hopeful19 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:01 pm

OMG, is the template from Aixiz come in the appropriate size as I remember a while back that it was off.

Can someone please post a link to purchase it.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:53 am

DarkwingDuck wrote:update: my Purpose cleanser isn't working well enough to replicate the soreness I got right after shaving...I need to find a more effective way to remove dead skin cells and sebum pre-lasering. I'm considering bentonite clay from what i've been reading...any other suggestions?

From what I've witnessed, I really think there is a correlation between having a "fresh scalp" so to speak and soreness from laser treatments. Maybe part of the reason some people don't get sore is because their scalps produce more sebum than those who do get sore. The clear solution to this is to find a way to get a sebum/ dead skin cell free scalp pre-treatment...
You're right on the money... The bentonite clay is very good for removing sebum, and I get sore when I use it. Here's the thread about the trial I want to do with both a bentonite clay pre-SHOWER topical and an emu/alcohol pre-LASERING topical: http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... f=1&t=1360

...and here's the thread I talk about the do-it-yourself bentonite clay topical specifically: http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... f=9&t=1263

By all means, don't wait on me though... it's going to be a good few weeks before I get that done!

-O.M.G.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster

Post by OverMachoGrande » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:56 am

hopeful19 wrote:OMG, is the template from Aixiz come in the appropriate size as I remember a while back that it was off.

Can someone please post a link to purchase it.

Yeah, the AiZiX thing only has about 60% the density of the gutter guard.